Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Nano Box Settings : Share your settings for your Bluefish Controller!

APLATN13

So I'm currently running this for softies.  Am I running to long?  I like the look of blue dominated but am self admittedly lost when adjusting levels.  Any advice?

I should add this is over a 8 gallon cadlights just a few inches above the water.

IMG_2166.PNG

IMG_2167.PNG

IMG_2168.PNG

IMG_2169.PNG

3 hours ago, Tautoo said:

So I'm currently running this for softies.  Am I running to long?  I like the look of blue dominated but am self admittedly lost when adjusting levels.  Any advice?

I should add this is over a 8 gallon cadlights just a few inches above the water.

IMG_2166.PNG

IMG_2167.PNG

IMG_2168.PNG

IMG_2169.PNG

Everything looks good. I personally like a 7-8 hour light schedule but if the tank looks good, keep it!

-Dave

6 minutes ago, DaveFason said:

Everything looks good. I personally like a 7-8 hour light schedule but if the tank looks good, keep it!

-Dave

I am running into some algea, which is likely due to the light bc i dont feed the tank much due to not having much other then corals and acouple hermits in it.

I work during the day so really only get to see it 6-8. would I benefits from starting morning later, maybe 9:30-10?

26 minutes ago, Tautoo said:

I am running into some algea, which is likely due to the light bc i dont feed the tank much due to not having much other then corals and acouple hermits in it.

I work during the day so really only get to see it 6-8. would I benefits from starting morning later, maybe 9:30-10?

For sure, shorter schedule will help. Also check your waters TDS. 

burtbollinger
24 minutes ago, TILTON said:

What do you think of this?  Going to be a SPS dominant tank.  12" deep with my light 5" from the water.

IMG_1060.PNG

IMG_1061.PNG

IMG_1062.PNG

IMG_1064.PNG

IMG_1059.JPG

Tilton, IMO that will fade the heck out of your SPS.  I wouldn't let that much light shine on my tank for 5 minutes LOL/

If I had your exact tank, knowing what I know of your exact fixture, in the beginning, I'd run Blues at 45, whites at 10 in the morning and evening....and run the blues at 70 and the whites around 23-25 in the midday...and then I'd be watching very carefully for fading....backing down the whites if needed.

You can always slowly increase...

I faded out all my SPS with whites at 33-35, running 5" above a much taller tank.  My color is coming back around 28...

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll
32 minutes ago, burtbollinger said:

Tilton, IMO that will fade the heck out of your SPS.  I wouldn't let that much light shine on my tank for 5 minutes LOL/

If I had your exact tank, knowing what I know of your exact fixture, in the beginning, I'd run Blues at 45, whites at 10 in the morning and evening....and run the blues at 70 and the whites around 23-25 in the midday...and then I'd be watching very carefully for fading....backing down the whites if needed.

You can always slowly increase...

I faded out all my SPS with whites at 33-35, running 5" above a much taller tank.  My color is coming back around 28...

Thanks!  I'll decrease everything a lot and raise the light a couple of more inches above the tank for more spread.  Been forever since I have seen reef lighting.  The tank has zero life in it, still cycling,  so want to get everything good before I had my first monti or whatever.

• Like 1
Thrassian Atoll

Reduced my lights to this with the natural sun bell curve.  I just purchased my first couple of monti frags.  Starting them off at the bottom of the tank and will move them up and to there spots over time.  

Going to to try and go for a 10 hour light cycle and see how it goes.  I like the 2:1 ratio.  It's got a good 14k look.  IMG_1074.thumb.PNG.ca20270c3d9d05e8eb9ed681f1793807.PNG

• Like 1