Top Shelf Aquatics

Nano Box Settings : Share your settings for your Bluefish Controller!

APLATN13

• 1 month later...
North Borders

Looking for a little input into my settings to make sure I'm not doing it wrong. :)

I'm running the previous generation Duo over a Red Sea Reefer Nano. Tank dimensions are 18"x18"x18".

My "morning" starts at noon as I'm often around during the evening.

Morning Length: 270 mins

Ramp Speed: 20 mins

Blues: 39%

Whites: 35%

Midday Ramp Speed: 45mins

Blues: 42%

Whites: 47%

Evening Length: 270 mins

Ramp Speed: 30 mins

Blues: 41%

Whites: 6%

For corals I have an euphylia on the bottom, a favites frag, a frag of trumpet, several zoas, a kenya tree, a small patch of GSP and Xenia, a small ricordea colony and a few SPS sticks up top.

I've seen other guys posting numbers into the 70's and am wondering if I'm doing the lighting way too dim. Any input would help a lot!

• 3 weeks later...
jedimasterben

23165331535_f0cfa572c3_b.jpgScreenshot_20151120-234210 by Jeremi Miller, on Flickr

​so whenever i try to use the app it hangs here. been working fine all day. the other bluefish app seems to work just fine though

Try restarting your phone, if that doesn't work restart the controller. I'm on a beta device that pulls different software, so a couple of times I've had to clear all app data and cache of the app to get it back to working. Shouldn't happen on the production hardware, though.
  • Like 1

Try restarting your phone, if that doesn't work restart the controller. I'm on a beta device that pulls different software, so a couple of times I've had to clear all app data and cache of the app to get it back to working. Shouldn't happen on the production hardware, though.

restarted uninstalled both apps. cleared everything restarted the controller and still nothing

​edit

23139602816_675a7d24a3_z.jpgScreen Shot 2015-11-21 at 12.05.08 AM by Jeremi Miller, on Flickr

​maybe spencer is having a server issue

jedimasterben

restarted uninstalled both apps. cleared everything restarted the controller and still nothing

Very strange. Normally one of those would do the trick. Check it again tomorrow (in case it is something funky with the Electric Imp servers) and if it doesn't work still, email Spencer about it.

Spencer at blueworldaquariums dot com

• Like 1

Very strange. Normally one of those would do the trick. Check it again tomorrow (in case it is something funky with the Electric Imp servers) and if it doesn't work still, email Spencer about it.

Spencer at blueworldaquariums dot com

edited my post check that out

SpencerShepard

My server is down currently. Should be up again soon....but this only affects the Bluefish 2 app. It does not affect the controller at all. You can still use the original app normally. This is really unusual as my host has 99.99% uptime.

jedimasterben

My server is down currently. Should be up again soon....but this only affects the Bluefish 2 app. It does not affect the controller at all. You can still use the original app normally. This is really unusual as my host has 99.99% uptime.

This is that 0.01% :)

Here are my Mini Tide Plus M settings on Innovative Marine Fusion 10 (IM 10). Please let me know what you think. Is it too much or too little? The Mini Tide is replacing a Fluval Nano Sea LED with custom high output Royal Blue LEDs from RapidLed, which was producing a respectable amount of light (no controller so it was full blast for 9 hours). I have Xenia, Ricordea, Zoas, Leather, Frogspawn and Hammer coral. Your feedback is appreciated.

Morning:

Starts: 8:00 AM

Length:180 minutes

Ramp Speed: 60 minutes

Royal Blue: 20%

Whites: 40%

Violet: 30%

Cyan: 30%

Moonlight: 30%

Fan: 95%

Midday:

Royal Blue: 55%

Whites: 55%

Violet: 55%

Cyan: 55%

Moonlight: 55%

Evening:

Royal Blue: 40%

Whites: 20%

Night:

Starts: 9:00 PM

Ramp Speed: 90 minutes

Royal Blue: 0%

Whites: 0%

Violet: 0%

Cyan: 0%

Moonlight: 0.3%

Fan: 6% (had to put it in 6% for it to stop. 0% would not stop it. weird...)

Natural Sun: Off

Clouds: Off

Storms: Off

Lunar Cycles: On

Dynamic Sunrise Time: Off

Dynamic Sunset Time: Off

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Here are my Mini Tide Plus M settings on Innovative Marine Fusion 10 (IM 10). Please let me know what you think. Is it too much or too little? The Mini Tide is replacing a Fluval Nano Sea LED with custom high output Royal Blue LEDs from RapidLed, which was producing a respectable amount of light (no controller so it was full blast for 9 hours). I have Xenia, Ricordea, Zoas, Leather, Frogspawn and Hammer coral. Your feedback is appreciated.

Morning:

Royal Blue: 20%

Whites: 40%

Midday:

Whites: 55%

Violet: 55%

Cyan: 55%

Moonlight: 55%

Evening:

Royal Blue: 40%

Whites: 20%

Night:

Moonlight: 0.3%

Fan: 6% (had to put it in 6% for it to stop. 0% would not stop it. weird...)

How do you like your settings?

How do you like your settings?

I changed them since that post. Now I a lot more blues than whites. Here are my current settings. Sometimes I worry that it may be too strong at midday, but so far no bleaching and zoas are still extended and I interpret it as if they are reaching for more light...

Morning:

Royal Blue: 60%

Whites: 30%

Violet: 50%

Cyan: 50%

Moonlight: 3%

Midday:

Royal Blue: 80%

Whites: 35%

Violet: 70%

Cyan: 70%

Evening:

Whites: 15%

Violet: 35%

Cyan: 35%

Night:

Moonlight: 0.2%

Fan: 5% (had to put it in 5% for it to stop. 0 makes it spin at full speed like 100%.)

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...

Having trouble getting the fan to adjust speed at all, no matter what percentage I enter in each of the time modes. It's definitely spinning at 100% constantly. I haven't changed much 'out of the box' in bluefish other than the suggested daytime / night levels, so I'm wondering if there's a setting somewhere that I may have just overlooked? I realize 0% = 100%, but setting it to 5,6,7% at night brings zero operational change.

Thanks!

• Like 1

Having trouble getting the fan to adjust speed at all, no matter what percentage I enter in each of the time modes. It's definitely spinning at 100% constantly. I haven't changed much 'out of the box' in bluefish other than the suggested daytime / night levels, so I'm wondering if there's a setting somewhere that I may have just overlooked? I realize 0% = 100%, but setting it to 5,6,7% at night brings zero operational change.

Thanks!

Shoot me over your password and username in email.

I have had a small batch of fans from a replenishing order that for some reason a slightly different. Will email you now as well.

If anyone else is having an issue please let me know! Please email! david@nanoboxreef.com

-Dave