SaltCritters.com

Dawn's seahorse garden. Farewell 36g bowfront!

vlangel

Really like the new scape much better. Im. Big fan of the island/pillar look. Great job.

Thanks, I appreciate the input. Its growing on me too.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This morning I ran to Lowe's, bought some plumbing and built a reverse durso drain. I did that because I was reading someone's thread here on N-R(maybe Sharbuckle's) and they were having drain noise from a syphon. I had the same problem even though I built a diy hofer gurgle buster, (which helped but it still wasn't where I wanted it). It is working like a charm. I did have to open the hofer gurgle buster a bit more because the water level rose in the tank a tiny bit. My overflow box is definitely at its capacity, so now I need to plumb in a valve on my return line. Still it was very rewarding to learn something new here and then implement it myself.

I took a video of the new scape. I show how far the rockwork is from the back wall, where the rios pumps are placed and I did not add music so you could hear the tank sounds. It is still not silent but all the flushing noise is gone and what is left is a constant trickle. I kind of enjoy it myself, (like a water feature)but I know its not for everyone.

Dawn, I love the new scape! I'm so glad Adam and Eve are doing better now. And +1 for the gentle sound of trickling water. It's very restful -_-

Dawn, I love the new scape! I'm so glad Adam and Eve are doing better now. And +1 for the gentle sound of trickling water. It's very restful -_-

Thanks teeny. Everyone seemed to like the new look right away except me. I needed a day or so for it to grow on me. Now I am loving it however. It is really easy to reach and clean behind the rock now too.

And the gentle trickling water is restful until it makes you need to run to the bathroom, LOL!

I'm a little late but I really like the new scape as well! :)

Thanks Mark, now I am hoping for healthy happy ponies!

Ahh thanks Astinus, I am trying.

Trying? Hell! I was just in my lfs yesterday, saw a young Women at the Seahorse tank. She had (operative word here is HAD) a Seahorse? or 2? Anyways, I Mentioned this forum and suggested she check us out. I told her that a couple members here kept Ponies.

U were the 1st person I thought of when I mentioned that there were a couple folks here that keep them. I also explained how Shar and I wanted a SH or 2 and that we learned how, umm, fragile? they can be, and so decided against them for now.

CHEERS! [__]D

Trying? Hell! I was just in my lfs yesterday, saw a young Women at the Seahorse tank. She had (operative word here is HAD) a Seahorse? or 2? Anyways, I Mentioned this forum and suggested she check us out. I told her that a couple members here kept Ponies.

U were the 1st person I thought of when I mentioned that there were a couple folks here that keep them. I also explained how Shar and I wanted a SH or 2 and that we learned how, umm, fragile? they can be, and so decided against them for now.

CHEERS! [__]D

Ahhh again thank you for the vote of confidence. I hope she checks this forum out as I think its the best. If she does I will be glad to help her with ponies!

In a way I feel bad that I have discouraged you and Shar. :-( Hopefully though when the time is right you will be able to keep them. That is a lot better than going through the heartache of watching them succumb and die. That is what happened to me 10 years ago and I was so devastated that it took me until now to try again.

Ahhh again thank you for the vote of confidence. I hope she checks this forum out as I think its the best. If she does I will be glad to help her with ponies!

In a way I feel bad that I have discouraged you and Shar. :-( Hopefully though when the time is right you will be able to keep them. That is a lot better than going through the heartache of watching them succumb and die. That is what happened to me 10 years ago and I was so devastated that it took me until now to try again.

PLEASE! Do NOT feel bad! U did the Ponies and us a Great service! Our Tank is still New and breaking in. And! I am learning more everyday as I sit here all day (Disabled Veteran) reading this forum. This Aquarium is such a joy! I love looking at it all day.

I also enjoy, actually LOVE :wub: looking at pics of folks Tanks. Not just pics of Corals, but more like Closeup FTS.

BTW, if u haven't seen, We picked up an AI Prime LED Light yesterday. We also picked up some goodies ;) Shar liked a Brain Coral, I Honestly thought, before being told it was a Brain, I thought it was some sort of Mushroom. I Also picked up a "Favite"

I always ask our lfs about the Coral I/We are interested in. I Do not want any SPS yet. When I saw this "Favite", I thought it was an SPS. I am glad I asked :) It is an LPS. Will post Pics later, when Lights get brighter.

PLEASE! Do NOT feel bad! U did the Ponies and us a Great service! Our Tank is still New and breaking in. And! I am learning more everyday as I sit here all day (Disabled Veteran) reading this forum. This Aquarium is such a joy! I love looking at it all day.

I also enjoy, actually LOVE :wub: looking at pics of folks Tanks. Not just pics of Corals, but more like Closeup FTS.

BTW, if u haven't seen, We picked up an AI Prime LED Light yesterday. We also picked up some goodies ;) Shar liked a Brain Coral, I Honestly thought, before being told it was a Brain, I thought it was some sort of Mushroom. I Also picked up a "Favite"

I always ask our lfs about the Coral I/We are interested in. I Do not want any SPS yet. When I saw this "Favite", I thought it was an SPS. I am glad I asked :) It is an LPS. Will post Pics later, when Lights get brighter.

Thats ok, when I first started working at a lfs I didn't know a tang from a butterfly from an angel. My boss was trying to teach me as we we unpacked a shipment. As he quizzed me I misnamed so consistently that he told me to never try gambling! It was years and years of working there that I understood anything about the coral.

That's awesome that U had the chance to work for a lfs :) Great place to learn and expand knowledge :)

Yes it was awesome and as was the family who owned it.

I want to say a very special thank you to you for serving and protecting our country. I am sorry that you are disabled. Freedom is not free and I appreciate the sacrifice you have made on my and my family's part! Thank you again.

It was a crazy weekend here. The gas company stopped in late Thursday afternoon and informed me that we had a gas leak near the house so they shut it off. I had been working on my pond and was up to my elbows in pond scum only to find out that there is no gas, therefore no hot water, no stove and no heat. As soon as they left I made a bee line for the shower before the hot water heater cooled off.

I got a plumber out Friday morning but it turned out that we needed an excavator and he wasn't available until Monday.

Nothing to do but make the best of it. We have a camping stove so I dug that out and we have electric heaters for night time when the temperature is still pretty cool. Bathing takes some creativity but it can be done so we are doing ok. Still I am hoping its resolved tomorrow.

Yes it was awesome and as was the family who owned it.

I want to say a very special thank you to you for serving and protecting our country. I am sorry that you are disabled. Freedom is not free and I appreciate the sacrifice you have made on my and my family's part! Thank you again.

TY for saying so VLangel, It truly was my Honor to serve :blush:

Damn GIRL! Now that's "Roughing" it! Reminds me of the "Field Showers" in the Army...lol

TY for saying so VLangel, It truly was my Honor to serve :blush:Damn GIRL! Now that's "Roughing" it! Reminds me of the "Field Showers" in the Army...lol

Ha ha, actually I was being a bit dramatic and it has not been that bad. Although I have been working in my garden spreading mushroom manure and I wont vow to how I smell, LOL.

Well we are back to having gas, which means hot water, a stove and heat again. I sure appreciate all that. The air conditioning unit is being hooked back up as we speak so all will be as it should be this afternoon, and our picketbook will be a bit lighter. O well, hot showers are worth it.

None of that had any impact on the tank since it is all electric powered. Today it needs a major WC and glass cleaning. It probably wouldn't hurt to take a toothbrush to some of the rock work as well. Ponies are doing well.

Well we are back to having gas, which means hot water, a stove and heat again. I sure appreciate all that. The air conditioning unit is being hooked back up as we speak so all will be as it should be this afternoon, and our picketbook will be a bit lighter. O well, hot showers are worth it.

None of that had any impact on the tank since it is all electric powered. Today it needs a major WC and glass cleaning. It probably wouldn't hurt to take a toothbrush to some of the rock work as well. Ponies are doing well.

Awesome! I Bet that's a relief!

Archived