Coral Vue Hydros

Dawn's seahorse garden. Farewell 36g bowfront!

vlangel

So I was referring to my cabbage leather in another thread because it is my oldest coral. In fact I believe it is the very first coral I got as a frag from my son. That was somewhere between 2004-2007.

Anyhow I realized that I did not have any of it in my display, as it had been banished to the sump for no particular reason other than it gets big and its ordinary. So with chisel and hammer in hand I headed for the sump and returned with a frag that could now be in the display. It deserves to be represented having survived my many mistakes! I will take a pic when it emerges from the shock of hammer and chisel, ha ha.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's awesome! The other day I was comparing my little tank to a jewelry box. And I pointed out that like a real jewelry box, there are a few jewels that aren't all the beautiful but are still there due to sentimental value. Yay for the leather!

That's awesome! The other day I was comparing my little tank to a jewelry box. And I pointed out that like a real jewelry box, there are a few jewels that aren't all the beautiful but are still there due to sentimental value. Yay for the leather!

That is such a perfect analogy, I love it! Well said.

Everything looks so peaceful and beautiful! Love it :wub:

Everything except the ravenous peppermint shrimp that I shoo-ed away right before shooting that video. They will climb right in the jelly jar and eat all the mysis if I let them. I tried to explain to them that they are cuc and their role is a support one of cleaning up the tank. They would have none of it and basically told me to pound salt!

Everything except the ravenous peppermint shrimp that I shoo-ed away right before shooting that video. They will climb right in the jelly jar and eat all the mysis if I let them. I tried to explain to them that they are cuc and their role is a support one of cleaning up the tank. They would have none of it and basically told me to pound salt!

Peppermint shrimp, "But Mom! You made a mess in this jelly jar. We are just cleaning it up!"

So I was referring to my cabbage leather in another thread because it is my oldest coral. In fact I believe it is the very first coral I got as a frag from my son. That was somewhere between 2004-2007.

Anyhow I realized that I did not have any of it in my display, as it had been banished to the sump for no particular reason other than it gets big and its ordinary. So with chisel and hammer in hand I headed for the sump and returned with a frag that could now be in the display. It deserves to be represented having survived my many mistakes! I will take a pic when it emerges from the shock of hammer and chisel, ha ha.

I can't wait to see it in your tank! I am loving my huge cabbage coral. I did move it up on an aquamag as it does for sure slime and with it being elevated, it seems to disburse the slime faster :) And it seems to like the additional flow!

I love your videos! And that pipefish is just so amazing.

Dawn, love the video,the feeding was cool,but really showed the depth and diverse culture in your tank. Everything is balanced and peaceful,trully,a work of nature.

Peppermint shrimp, "But Mom! You made a mess in this jelly jar. We are just cleaning it up!"

Ha ha! That is funny. I never thought of it from that perspective before.

I can't wait to see it in your tank! I am loving my huge cabbage coral. I did move it up on an aquamag as it does for sure slime and with it being elevated, it seems to disburse the slime faster :) And it seems to like the additional flow!I love your videos! And that pipefish is just so amazing.

It kept falling off of where I put it last night and since I am out of coral putty, I am looking for a new location. I am trying right behind the food dish and see how that works. I will post a pic as soon as we find its spot.

video- that horse needs a little saddle

Yes, she does. She is quite the little maverick!

hey your from pittsburgh, do you know if Gared in slippery rock or that guy in ambridge are still in the business?

Hmmm, I am not familiar with a Gared in Slippery Rock. There was a guy who bought Slippery Rock Coral named Rob but he is not in the buisness anymore. I did not know the man Rob bought Slippery Rock Coral from but I read on the pmasi forum that he still sells corals from his basement.

I don't know Ambridge very well. There is Aquaworld down that way but I have never been there.

I am in the north hills and since I worked at the Seahorse that is where I did most of my shopping before they went out of buisness. Now I go to Elmers in Monroeville, Wet Pets in Canonburg, or Reef Gallery in Zelienople.

Dawn, love the video,the feeding was cool,but really showed the depth and diverse culture in your tank. Everything is balanced and peaceful,trully,a work of nature.

Thanks pgrVII. I am pleased with it but its nice to hear such positive feedback from others.

Loved the video, Dawn!The tail on the pipefish is fantastic. Is it pink?

Thanks Gena. I think Abraham has a cool tail too. Its more red rimmed in white more than pink but the white outside of the tail may give the allusion that it is pink.

bmdUnVyfWJJoA.gif

this is a cool gif, Harry!

I feel like an idiot but I can't see anything except symbols and letters for the gif. What does it do or what should I do? I feel like I am missing something really cool here!

Ha ha, Harry and stella, as soon as I posted it worked!

If you're pleased that's all that matters :)

Thats a good point pgr... (is it ok if I shorten your user name?). After, we are the ones who have to look at our tanks so they really only need to please us, right?

i like aquaworld. very wide selection and nice $5/$25 frags. Gared always had great live rock and fish and corals at great prices, he sold out of his house then opened a store in slippery rock a few years ago, i actually met him cause i bought my 90 hallon with cherry stand/canopy, i bought it for chiclids, but his house turned me on to saltwater. I thought the guys name in ambridge was dave but cant remember. he was in a basement in some industrial park.

i like aquaworld. very wide selection and nice $5/$25 frags. Gared always had great live rock and fish and corals at great prices, he sold out of his house then opened a store in slippery rock a few years ago, i actually met him cause i bought my 90 hallon with cherry stand/canopy, i bought it for chiclids, but his house turned me on to saltwater. I thought the guys name in ambridge was dave but cant remember. he was in a basement in some industrial park.

Ha ha, I just realized that I have been following your 15g office build and only now put 2 and 2 together that you posted on my thread. Doh! 'as I give myself a head slap'!

I think I did meet a Dave once that came to our house to buy my son's 60g cube. He was getting ready to start a buisness if I recall correctly. Did you ever know a Nate Gilson that was a local hobbyist in this area?

Ha ha, I just realized that I have been following your 15g office build and only now put 2 and 2 together that you posted on my thread. Doh! 'as I give myself a head slap'!

I think I did meet a Dave once that came to our house to buy my son's 60g cube. He was getting ready to start a buisness if I recall correctly. Did you ever know a Nate Gilson that was a local hobbyist in this area?

no i dont meet to many people. there is a guy down the street though i been meaning to run into. we live on border of bridgeville and upper st clair

no i dont meet to many people. there is a guy down the street though i been meaning to run into. we live on border of bridgeville and upper st clair

I asked about Nate because he is my son and he knew a lot of people who had reef tanks all over the Pgh. area. It seemed like he knew everyone. I don't know too many folks either, just a couple in my neck of the woods.

Do you ever go to the local reef club meetings? They are on Saturday evenings at the Comfort Inn off of Rodi Rd. I haven't been to one in years myself.

Anyway, its nice to meet you here on N-R!

Archived