Pod Your Reef

Dawn's seahorse garden. Farewell 36g bowfront!

vlangel

I agree that they must have been eating the baby shrimp. Those ghost shrimp have eggs constantly when you have a bunch of them in a holding tank. That's so fun that the little pipefish lived this long. Sounds like they won't be something easy to keep alive long term though unless you just want to keep a tank with a bunch of shrimp that aren't for eating.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It took me a couple minutes to spot that pipefish! Very cool!

Did you see that Reef2Reef posted about your tank on their FB page? :D

azwTSY.png

Ha ha, I know thos pipes are hard to see!

O my Felicia, no, I had no idea! Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention! I follow the seahorse section of R2R but never look at anything else. So many forums so little time, ha ha!

That looks like a cool little tank too :).

Ah, thanks Gena. It is actually a very low tech feeder shrimp tank. It sits in our dinette on the sill of a bow window. It has no light, (except from the window) and I only plug the heater in when the temperature gets cold from being so close to the window. I have a HOB filter with a little live rock and macros for filtratration is all but I keep it clean and the animals have a good life until they are netted and thrown in the seahorse tank, ha ha!

Ha ha, I know thos pipes are hard to see!

O my Felicia, no, I had no idea! Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention! I follow the seahorse section of R2R but never look at anything else. So many forums so little time, ha ha!

Yeah I started using R2R because of the predator fish forum. They were on a posting frenzy on Facebook over the last couple days and I was like, hey! I recognize that tank! They also put up Mark's tank, which was fun :)

Yeah I started using R2R because of the predator fish forum. They were on a posting frenzy on Facebook over the last couple days and I was like, hey! I recognize that tank! They also put up Mark's tank, which was fun :)

How do you find it? I looked on R2R and then I went on FB but could not find it either way.

How do you find it? I looked on R2R and then I went on FB but could not find it either way.

It was just on the Reef2Reef Facebook page, so it should show up on their news feed. It might be a ways back now because they've been posting a lot, so you may have to scroll down to the bottom of the posts and click to see more. It was January 22nd that they posted about your tank. Try this link to their page and then scroll down.

https://www.facebook.com/REEF2REEF/?fref=ts

It was just on the Reef2Reef Facebook page, so it should show up on their news feed. It might be a ways back now because they've been posting a lot, so you may have to scroll down to the bottom of the posts and click to see more. It was January 22nd that they posted about your tank. Try this link to their page and then scroll down.

https://www.facebook.com/REEF2REEF/?fref=ts

Thanks once again Felicia! That worked. Its funny how you, Mark and I are all together!

Thanks once again Felicia! That worked. Its funny how you, Mark and I are all together!

No problem! Yeah I though it was fun! Like the NR club :)

20160126_071224_zpslj9d5pfm.jpg

I have been working on a few projects, but here are some pics of our new room make-over. This room last week still had hobby horse curtains and wall border left over from 20 years ago when it was our boys' bedroom! We decided to make it our biker den.

20160126_071637_zpspvr9ftyh.jpg

This my desk!

20160126_072115_zps0twrsyks.jpg

And this is Dave's. He is an advid bottle collector!

I love your hobby room! Everyone needs a hobby room :). Someday I want to have a gecko room LOL. Your dog is adorable!

Thanks Gena, I love it too. At first I was going to turn it into Dave's 'man cave'. He loved doing his ebay-ing there, but he said he got lonely. He asked if I could move my desk in too to be 'our cave'. That's when I got the biker den idea, especially since the room needed to grow up anyway. Its not 'hard core' biker, more like 'early american bottle biker', ha ha!

A gecko room would be so cool. Lots of decor possibilities there!

Yes, our little Harley is a doll-baby, even if he is cute in a homely kind of way, ha ha!

Thanks Gena, I love it too. At first I was going to turn it into Dave's 'man cave'. He loved doing his ebay-ing there, but he said he got lonely. He asked if I could move my desk in too to be 'our cave'. That's when I got the biker den idea, especially since the room needed to grow up anyway. Its not 'hard core' biker, more like 'early american bottle biker', ha ha!

A gecko room would be so cool. Lots of decor possibilities there!

Yes, our little Harley is a doll-baby, even if he is cute in a homely kind of way, ha ha!

Awww...that's so sweet that he wanted you to be a part of his cave :). Are fish tanks allowed in the cave? ;)

Awww...that's so sweet that he wanted you to be a part of his cave :). Are fish tanks allowed in the cave? ;)

I am trying to resist the MTS but i already have 2 small feeder shrimp tanks. I am pondering the possibility of moving 1 of them next to my desk. It would be the one with my clownfish, Baby. It would only house feeder shrimp when a new shipment arrived and they all would not fit in the other 5.5 feeder tank. I would buy a small clip on light to grow plants and very low light coral.

I am trying to resist the MTS but i already have 2 small feeder shrimp tanks. I am pondering the possibility of moving 1 of them next to my desk. It would be the one with my clownfish, Baby. It would only house feeder shrimp when a new shipment arrived and they all would not fit in the other 5.5 feeder tank. I would buy a small clip on light to grow plants and very low light coral.

That's perfect! You aren't adding a tank...just relocating it to a new area :).

That's perfect! You aren't adding a tank...just relocating it to a new area :).

Thats right. I am trying to keep it low tech and easy maintenance though. I do faithful water changes already because Baby my clownfish lives there.

I love the room and the only thing missing is a fish tank :)

I hereby heartily endorse your plan to move the feeder shrimp/clown tank to the cave. Dooo ittttt!!! :lol:

I love the room and the only thing missing is a fish tank :)

I hereby heartily endorse your plan to move the feeder shrimp/clown tank to the cave. Dooo ittttt!!! :lol:

....says one addict to another!

Such a fun space! Glad your husband wanted to share. That's sweet that he wanted you to be part of the man cave :)

Its cool to be married (it'll be 35 years in June) and still like to be with each other. He is actually my best friend. We were good friends 2 years before we ever dated.

I thought I was doing good to be married to my best friend for 25 years - congratulations on 35 coming up!

Congrats to you for 25 years! I can tell you that it just keeps getting better.

We just celebrated 20 years this past November. I think we are all doing something right :D.

Congrats to you as well Gena. And I agree, we are all doing something right.

Archived