SaltCritters.com

Dawn's seahorse garden. Farewell 36g bowfront!

vlangel

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks great Dawn, cant wAit to see it finished and the tank up and running

Thanks Justin, I am pretty anxious for that myself. However even when I finish the tank painting, then I need to start painting the stand, so it will be a while yet.

WOW! That's all

No I have some detail work to do yet and then I need to finish spraying the top part of the tank which is phase 2.

That look so cool!

Ahhh, thanks Astinus! Its getting there.

Wow! The sand and the back with Adam is the coolest aquarium painting I've ever seen! Just beautiful! This is going to look so cool!

Excellent progress! Stop being so critical of yourself! It stifles the creativity ;)

Besides; you have there nothing worthy of criticism... at least not from what I can see.

Wow! The sand and the back with Adam is the coolest aquarium painting I've ever seen! Just beautiful! This is going to look so cool!

Thanks Felicia. I worked a bit on it again today. Its tricky adding enough detail to capture Adam's essence or at least a stallion seahorse, but still keep a misty, shadowy feel. Tomorrow I will do more.

Thanks Felicia. I worked a bit on it again today. Its tricky adding enough detail to capture Adam's essence or at least a stallion seahorse, but still keep a misty, shadowy feel. Tomorrow I will do more.

I'm sure! I'm so not artistic, so I'm super impressed with how awesome it looks so far. I really can't wait to see this up and running now. Such a cool custom backdrop for Eve and the new seahorses.

Excellent progress! Stop being so critical of yourself! It stifles the creativity ;)

Besides; you have there nothing worthy of criticism... at least not from what I can see.

Thanks Pinner. You are right about just going to it with confidence and let it happen. I need to do that and trust that its going to be alright. After all, I am already in too deep to be tentative now!

The homage to Adam is incredible :) What a fantastic idea. Congrats on the upgrade. Excited for its future.

Thanks Sharbuckle. Yes, I am pretty excited about this tank!

20161003_100130_zps0d33pgsd.jpg

Well the mural on the back wall is almost finished. I got it a little dark around Adam's head so when the paint is thoroughly dry I may try lightly sanding with a very fine grit paper so I can respray with the yellow. I will try the sandpaper down at the bottom first to see if doing that ruins the misty look I am going for.

The black box at Adam's right is simulating the overflow box.

When the mural is complete I need to either use a clear coat to be a fixative, (although that might react with the paint) or maybe just cover the back with poster board so the mural does not get scratched.

RIP Sebastian

When the mural is complete I need to either use a clear coat to be a fixative, (although that might react with the paint) or maybe just cover the back with poster board so the mural does not get scratched.

OHBOYOBOYOBOYBOYOBOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OHBOYOBOYOBOYBOYOBOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ha ha, does that mean you like it? Thanks RIP for so much enthusiasm in regard to the mural.

Wow, looks amazing dawn. Im going to send you my next tank to paint me a background :lol:

Thanks Justin, I really appreciate the compliment. Its very encouraging!

Awesome mural! Can't wait to see this filled with water and animals!!

Thanks Orangutran for the kind words about the mural. I am with you about filling this tank with water and animals but alas, first things first. I realized I haven't even leaked tested it, oops! And I reckon my mural has voided the warrantee so lets hope she holds water! Also my stand hasn't come in yet and I will need to paint and glaze it. I will be away next week so I am shooting for just before Thanksgiving for those 2 things.

So I think I am going to start a new thread for the new tank. What should I call it? Dawn's tribute seahorse garden? It would be nice to have Adam's name in the thread but then new members are going to think I am Adam, ha ha. I guess I can explain about Adam in the thread opening.

Good luck with the new tank. How about calling it Dawn's Tribute to Adam Seahorse Garden II. Yeah, I know it's not great. Couldn't come up with much.

Good luck with the new tank. How about calling it Dawn's Tribute to Adam Seahorse Garden II. Yeah, I know it's not great. Couldn't come up with much.

Actually I like it Dekon, because that tells us a lot about the thread. The only drawback is it is a bit long.

Thanks Orangutran for the kind words about the mural. I am with you about filling this tank with water and animals but alas, first things first. I realized I haven't even leaked tested it, oops! And I reckon my mural has voided the warrantee so lets hope she holds water! Also my stand hasn't come in yet and I will need to paint and glaze it. I will be away next week so I am shooting for just before Thanksgiving for those 2 things.

warranty may be void, but you can sell it back to them for $5000, as a piece of art. ;)

warranty may be void, but you can sell it back to them for $5000, as a piece of art. ;)

Ha ha, I like the way you think!!!

The new gorg settled in really nicely. I planted it in a seashell since the upgrade will be bb. Hopefully that keeps it from feeling traumatized.

20161011_151253_zpsl4xg20ox.jpg

Ok seahorse lovers, this pic is for you!

:wub::wub::wub:

I just got caught up - I didn't realize I missed a whole new build last week! I love the mural of Adam, it turned out beautifully!

PEA was at the MAMAX show the I went to last weekend, and they had a tank full of those larger sea horses. They were gorgeous.

:wub::wub::wub:

I just got caught up - I didn't realize I missed a whole new build last week! I love the mural of Adam, it turned out beautifully!

PEA was at the MAMAX show the I went to last weekend, and they had a tank full of those larger sea horses. They were gorgeous.

Ha ha, that has happened to me too teeny that a new build was started and I did not realize it for a week or so.

I have been away on a mission trip to help folk in Louisiana from August's flooding. Now that I am back home I hope to resume the tank build.

Don't you just love Alyssa's ponies at PEA? I am so excited about getting 2 or 3!

And thanks for the kind words about the mural :-)

Archived