Cultivated Reef

B's 65 Gallons of Doom

jbb

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea if you've got it set up with a few levels like that you should just keep it that way and save the money to use on something else. Just my opinion. The Intank media baskets are nice don't get me wrong but a little pricey for something so simple.

Cleaning is super simple and fast, just grab the magnet and slide it up to remove completely, or just lift off the felt pad and replace.

I really need to do this...All I'm running is filter floss in my baskets. Between a skimmer and reactor with Carbon/GFO I have no need for other media currently.

list of things to ship to you this week :

lights

gamma flasks

replacement scrub pads (pre-cut)

magnetic eggcrate thingee

wedding ring

anything else ?

I said i wanted your dog.

are the scrub pads pre-cut to votex triplex?

I have bought these plastic coated magnets before for aquarium use and had no problems with them:

https://www.kjmagnetics.com/blog.asp?p=aquarium

Me too, KJ has good stuff, I have 3-4 different ones rates for different weights.

also how do i remove existing scrub pad?

Making myself a couple of those eggcrate shelves. I bought some magnets, cheap. The ones linked in this thread somewhere. How do you get your eggcrate cut so clean? I always end up with small bits overhanging.

And what the hell is a gamma flask? As in gamma-irradiated cell culture flasks?

What are the flasks for, though? What kinds of cultures are you making? Phytoplankton?

I use all kinds of labware at home, lol. Syringes, glass rods, gloves, masks, etc.

The flasks are exactly that ... gamma-irradiated cell culture flasks.

I use them for dosing containers when working in tight spaces. I had 3 extra that are still sealed, and I promised them to Kat almost a year ago... probably should get a box to put them in the mail. :blush:

Can't quote anything on windows 8.1 ... weird

Will get a FTS soon, I have something in the works :ninja:

:ninja:

I no nothing about October <_<

Good. Unfortunately I'm sure someone will spill the beans at some point...

Archived