Top Shelf Aquatics

B's 65 Gallons of Doom

jbb

Hm. I pulled the rear wall to my media baskets up a bit, and just made sure the media at the bottom of the basket didn't fall out on the other end (and was above the hole, so water would still have to flow through it). Could you try that for the basket?

Could possibly work, but I need more room for media anyway.

• Replies 777
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I hope Stevie makes mediabaskets for these and the 10s. I really dislike those media baskets, those are a game-breaker for me, actually.

The tank looks incredible, by the way, JBB. I love that black sand. I may swap over to that ;)

Overall, you recommend the 10/20 fusions for their respective prices?

I hope Stevie makes mediabaskets for these and the 10s. I really dislike those media baskets, those are a game-breaker for me, actually.

The tank looks incredible, by the way, JBB. I love that black sand. I may swap over to that ;)

Overall, you recommend the 10/20 fusions for their respective prices?

I haven't seen the 10 in person, but I would say that the $200 mark for the 20 is a fair price. The silicone is clean, the tank is dead silent, and comes with low iron glass so yes I would recommend them. The baskets from the Nuvo 16 are supposed to work with the 20, but not sure about the 10.

Whoa, I likes your video voice.

;)

Will do, I'm looking into some rapid led lights right now as well so if things go right I'll be able to grow some better corals, still playing the waiting game with my cycle though. Added a piece of live rock and a shrimp.

The intank media baskets are pretty nice they beat the stocks hands down. Since I got the ones for the 16 I had to place a small maybe 1 inch piece of foam between the back of the tank and the basket to hold it in the right spot, everything else about the size is perfect and id recommend them. As far as the difference between intank and custom caddys, I can't comment. But I would doubt there is much of a difference

Obsessed Reefer

Thanks for the info. I think intank baskets have bigger holes for better flow, but I wouldn't swear on it.

They are also just overall larger, and higher quality material.

Yo yo yo.

I am thinking of going with black star board for mine...can ya measure the inside for me plz????

I would but I'm in Amarillo until Saturday night

Tanks looking great, these Fusions are so PURDY. I really want inTank baskets but I think I'll hold off to see if ones specifically for the 20G are made. n

Yo yo yo.
I am thinking of going with black star board for mine...can ya measure the inside for me plz????

11-1/4" x 23" is the bottom dimension, take 1/2" off each measurement if you don't want to rest on the silicone ;)

While I wait to see if I want to order media baskets, I decided to take matters into my own hands.

magnetic egg crate

14924591480_eb4025bbde_z.jpg

cover with felt

14924661548_3b40d4fd32_z.jpg

:eek:

MARRY ME! I want that magnetic eggcrate thingee

list of things to ship to you this week :

lights

gamma flasks

replacement scrub pads (pre-cut)

magnetic eggcrate thingee

wedding ring