Coral Vue Hydros

Spida's M-Aqua7.5 Officially Upgraded

Spiderguardnano

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Spiderguardnano

Here's a little picture dump with the new additions

I took a different route and went with some super metallic pink zoas, gold torch and 5 pack ric pack

I think I'm done buying corals and just going to sit back and watch everything grow

Also added a small shelf rock on the left for zoas

What do you guys think of the placement of rics and gold torch

Thanks guys

-Spida

09851463-00E8-4683-B280-2DC005DDA8DD_zps

092FA516-0B8B-4C55-85A2-7FC21C516B00_zps

2F0743DF-FAB4-4404-BE1A-A80FECA284BF_zps

Looks good man! Only thing I would do, get the rics off the plugs. That way you can start a little ric garden. I love rics! I'm sure you can tell from my little tank :)

Spiderguardnano

+1 off with the plugs! I hate frag plugs with a passion. they take up space and look ugly. why why why do vendors insist on using frag plugs for rics....

Looks good man! Only thing I would do, get the rics off the plugs. That way you can start a little ric garden. I love rics! I'm sure you can tell from my little tank :)

i popped one of the plug and glued ill wait for them to settle a little then glue them down

one of the guys at my lfs said gold torches dont have a long life span.Is this true?

p.s i hate frag plugs there almost as bad as hair algae

Unfortunately he is semi-correct. I don't think they have short life span, I think it's just a harder coral to keep. They definitely like a little more light then a normal torch. Mine is all the way up top. My water is also pretty clean and it seems to like it.

Good luck with yours!

Spiderguardnano

Unfortunately he is semi-correct. I don't think they have short life span, I think it's just a harder coral to keep. They definitely like a little more light then a normal torch. Mine is all the way up top. My water is also pretty clean and it seems to like it.

Good luck with yours!

thanks alex im thinking of getting rid of it now

Don't get rid of it...take it as a challenge.

I keep mine in decent flow and light, and so far so good. I've had it a little over a month now.

thanks alex im thinking of getting rid of it now

Meh I havn't had a gold torch but my green one and ora one are ez to keep with no signs of stopping. The green one came off a pretty huge mother colony i hope to only come close to having one half as awesome though. My ora one is splitting its head right now very slow process but neat none the less.

Ive had mine for 4-5 months now and its doing better than ever, getting bigger and bigger, always fully extended.

Relax and see how it does, if it starts to not look so hot, find out why...

Chargers!!!!

Seattle is Killing us right now wtf

Spiderguardnano

scored today also guys my lfs gave me a free plea coral because he was bored same dude i got my scan cluster from

he should start getting bored more often

Spiderguardnano

Here is an updated shot of the reef. This thing is filling up slowly evey pay check lol

Here is the freebie plate coral. Man this thing is awesome I never knew I liked plate corals until I finally got one.

EC72ECA4-3833-4FC6-8F87-DF3CBA002636_zps

Lastly a shitty iPhone pic

C8E74383-F38B-4880-9024-DBE501D25307_zps

Spiderguardnano

I have tge exact same plate!!! Love it!

Man your tank is looking amazing!

Thanks man. The plate is sick makes me want to get a high end one now

The tank looks great but my wallet not so pretty sure we can all relate to that

Congrats on the kids btw

Angel<3Nanos

Thanks man. The plate is sick makes me want to get a high end one now

The tank looks great but my wallet not so pretty sure we can all relate to that

Congrats on the kids btw

Haha yes we can all relate to that.

Thx man! :)

Spiderguardnano

that plate was free? dang! that plate is like $50.

He was giving away free PE zoas but went in there had some good convo and he was just take one of these plate coral I was he'll yeah I'm down lol

Nice tank, Miguel! Love the start of your "torch" garden ;), and the acan garden...and the ric garden :lol:

Referencing old post, but your overhaul of that stand is beautiful! How's the flatworm problem coming along?

Spiderguardnano

Nice tank, Miguel! Love the start of your "torch" garden ;), and the acan garden...and the ric garden :lol:

Referencing old post, but your overhaul of that stand is beautiful! How's the flatworm problem coming along?

Thanks man still a long way to go. The flat worm problem is just whatever right now not really worrying to much about it i heard they only go after sps but i did add a sapphire damsel to hopefully keep the population in control

Archived