Cultivated Reef

Spida's M-Aqua7.5 Officially Upgraded

Spiderguardnano

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
lilmatty5dimes

that torch is sweet. nice work on redoing the stand. i had a friend do the same thing and it turned out great. plus you save some cash to buy more coral. lol

Spiderguardnano

Dont you have another tank? I wanna see that one :)

I have some bucks invested in this tank plus the nanobox is coming so not looking to upgrade yet lol

But yo drama I wanted to ask you

I'm not running any sort of chemipure or anything just floss and I wanted to ask you again what I should run, I see some algae on some parts of my tanks so I think I have some excessive nutrients. I was thinking chemipure elite and some phosguard. What do you think?

Also how's the monster tank hunting going?

that does look pretty sturdy ! new tank stand for a new tank? or youre gonna move yours to that one XD

My 7.5 will be going on this when I saw it I couldn't pass it up

Just finished applying the 2nd layer of stain it looks sick

that torch is sweet. nice work on redoing the stand. i had a friend do the same thing and it turned out great. plus you save some cash to buy more coral. lol

I know pretty excited about it. In materials it cost me like $11 for sand paper and stain. My next coral purchase is either 5 rics for $45 or single head gold torch for $60 so I have 2 weeks to think(next payday) lol

Spiderguardnano

Small Kine Update

New FTS still using shitty iPhone pics.

• The torch is starting to look better and better everyday

2c4f98cb-3479-405f-9a9c-da227e0d6300_zps

And My newest $10 impulse buy Acan frag . I should be picking up a crazy scan cluster today if i can make it into the store before it sells. WISH ME LUCK!!!

39fe3f41-efcf-4b12-9eb2-78724d6029c4_zps

Spiderguardnano

Ive also been noticing some algae growing on some of my frag plugs I'm thinking of doing a peroxide dip

if not ill just toss them

i rather toss a frag them have my tank taken over

but it could largely due to me not having any our purigen or chemi-pure

Spiderguardnano

Acan cluster Update!!!!!

After everyones suggestion i bought the acan cluster

I had to take a rock out in order for me to start my acan garden

enough talk heres the pictures enjoy

and if you guys can name the

scans that would be amazing

-Spida

f590c7bb-299e-49ff-8cc0-6331503b3782_zps

photo3-7_zpsdfe3b233.jpg

photo3-8_zps80ff57cb.jpg

It IS real... <questions personal understanding of causality>

... and it's not mine <concept of how the universe actually works proven valid after all>

That acan cluster is absolutely stunning. Nice find!

You definitely SCORED!! I bet the person that sold those to your for $50 is either kicking himself in the ass, or may very well be unemployed in the near future.

Spiderguardnano

Hahha you guys are funny man. We'll the guy that gave sold it to me is a shop owner lol I asked him today what made do and he said it was getting close to closing and he was just bored killing time and decided to take a frag of the coolest ones he could find. He also mentioned he will make me another one.YES!!!!

On a side note should i feed these guys?

It's a total of 13 heads

CatfishSoupFTW

I started feeding rotifeast to my corals. Heard good things. I only started dosing but... cant hurt !

Spiderguardnano

aquasd frag?

Def not an aquasd frag way to cheap

I got this at reef dreams Derrick hooks it up man

How's your tank coming?

Just fed

Them some mysis because there feeder tentacles were out. It was so sick watching them eat and kill the food

Brine/mysis. I target feed mine twice a week. I've seen good growth with this. It can be a pain, but the end results are worth it. Be sure to use a turkey Baster or something to flush coral periodically, there's a lot of areas where detritus and uneaten food can settle.

Getting the run around right now on a c2c overflow being made. I got an offer from a local to make it for me but I dont think after continued talks about it that he even understands what I want. Plan to make it myself after I get some glass cut.

Spiderguardnano

I feed them last night mysis and they globed that thing up I fed each head a single mysis. After feeding each they were reaching out even more

I'm thinking of feeding twice a week

Once with mysis and once with fauna marine Lps pellets unless anyone suggests not to

Ohh and I finally added a bag of purigen

lilmatty5dimes

thats a sweet acan. i just got a sweet deal on a acan bowerbanki for $5. pic of it eating some mysis. i just got my light today as well. grant it its not as sweet as the nb tho. ever seen the macro lens you can slide onto your iphone off ebay? seem pretty good for only $9.

IMG_0710_zps46383cc2.jpg

Spiderguardnano

thats a sweet acan. i just got a sweet deal on a acan bowerbanki for $5. pic of it eating some mysis. i just got my light today as well. grant it its not as sweet as the nb tho. ever seen the macro lens you can slide onto your iphone off ebay? seem pretty good for only $9.

IMG_0710_zps46383cc2.jpg

that thing looks like it was super hungry. I cant wait to see the new light

ive been on kind of a acan spree lol

:D:D:D

Archived