SaltCritters.com

Spida's M-Aqua7.5 Officially Upgraded

Spiderguardnano

Shoot if you wanna trade for my monster colored tide we can arange it. Lol. Does this come with the storm controller?

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply
CatfishSoupFTW

Ah so jelly ! Nano box and a kessil ! Your tank is going from amazing to super amazing lol what's your plans on the kessil ?

Spiderguardnano

Shoot if you wanna trade for my monster colored tide we can arange it. Lol. Does this come with the storm controller?

Hahha I actually love baby blue now

Man I really hope it comes with a storm controller otherwise I have no idea how I will use it

Ah so jelly ! Nano box and a kessil ! Your tank is going from amazing to super amazing lol what's your plans on the kessil ?

Not sure what I want to do with it I kind of fell in love with the kessil but all I hear is how great the NB is so after I try it out I might sell the kessil or save it for a future frag tank

I wouldn't say my tank is anything par to amazing

It works within my budget and experience lol

CatfishSoupFTW

I hear yeah. My ten gallon is also a budget build. I'm a student so budget is my middle name until I finish hahah.

Well eith the kessil or NB I think you'll have great success if you keep up the good work. You got some nice zoa collections. They would look great once they grow. My favorite frags I picked up recently are the pink hippo ( didn't expect a pink zoa ) and the golden Sakura. Also grabbed smashing pumpkin recently and Armageddon. Some nice frags.

Spiderguardnano

I hear yeah. My ten gallon is also a budget build. I'm a student so budget is my middle name until I finish hahah.

Well eith the kessil or NB I think you'll have great success if you keep up the good work. You got some nice zoa collections. They would look great once they grow. My favorite frags I picked up recently are the pink hippo ( didn't expect a pink zoa ) and the golden Sakura. Also grabbed smashing pumpkin recently and Armageddon. Some nice frags.

I am a student also so I can't exactly ball out on anything so I feel your pain

I actually want pink hippos there awesome looking

I might be getting a torch soon so that's exciting

CatfishSoupFTW

Yeah pink hippo was a great find not too expensive either. . Not sure where our located but if you're from the GTA in Toronto frag box has the most exotic zoas I feel. He also has an online site , not everything is on it but google frag box.

I was worried initially on getting a hammerhead , being of aggression but once I picked one up I fell in love with it. It's growing well and with nice spread and it hasn't killed anything yet. Lol it's my center piece no doubt. Was contemplating a torch or frogspawn but a hammerhead was my fave. A must have. How blue do you find the kessil is ? I own a 54 watt full spectrum par38 which I really enjoy. But it's maybe 16 k or so. I bought (and waiting on ) some flexible blue LEDs in which Ima stick on hopefully to get even more of a pop. They are low profile and the wiring will be easy. So I'm excited. DIY moonlight plus a bit more blue.

lilmatty5dimes

awesome raffle win. congrats on the NB tank should look great with all those zoas. now look for another lil nano cube and you can start up another nano with the kessil. make it a lps dom tank. lights are usually the most expensive part of a build and you'll have that covered.

Spiderguardnano

awesome raffle win. congrats on the NB tank should look great with all those zoas. now look for another lil nano cube and you can start up another nano with the kessil. make it a lps dom tank. lights are usually the most expensive part of a build and you'll have that covered.

Thank you man

i am not sure what i want to do with the light maybe sell it or use it for a future frag tank

Spiderguardnano

update!!!

added a torch coral today about 5 heads thing looks mean under the kessil.

any idea on what i should feed this things?

also added a few z&ps

as well as a single asteria snail

last but not least finally picking up a 3155 ATO so excited not be having to worry about toping off

In other news

I HATE NERITE SNAILS!!!!!!!!!!!!!! they are always outside the tank ughhh

who knows maybe they are cleaning algae on my stand. :mellow::unsure:

pics will be added tomorrow when everyone is happy

Yeah nerites are weird like that. Eventually mine got to the back chambers of my tank and got stuck there and they will remain so. Just like the hermits i banished a couple days ago.

Spiderguardnano

Here is a Teaser picture of the new torch not sure which one this is but looks crazy under the ocean blue

its placed in the back right corner

fa9cfff0-ffcf-4b87-8528-478d9b4a3ad1_zps

Looks like my maricultured specimen. I wouldn't worry about feeding it. They tend to just slough off anything i give them. Same with my hammers and frogspawn.

CatfishSoupFTW

Yeah nerites are weird like that. Eventually mine got to the back chambers of my tank and got stuck there and they will remain so. Just like the hermits i banished a couple days ago.

hhaha... banished snail.

Here is a Teaser picture of the new torch not sure which one this is but looks crazy under the ocean blue

its placed in the back right corner

fa9cfff0-ffcf-4b87-8528-478d9b4a3ad1_zps

I love my hammer. Its only one head, but it reaaalllly likes to open up. its got a good 5-6 inch diameter at times. Seems like they grow a bit quick as well

Spiderguardnano

So happy this finally came in

I decided to go with the 3155 just for the simple of fact of I might be upgrading later on

Now i I just have to figure out how to use this thing.

Any help?

post-82866-0-15743800-1405794331_thumb.jpg

CatfishSoupFTW

im assuming it has bad instructions? I have never owned one, but I have seen the set ups, seems not too shabby. any luck?

Spiderguardnano
im assuming it has bad instructions? I have never owned one, but I have seen the set ups, seems not too shabby. any luck?

I didn't even try to set it up yet lol

There is instructions but I'm a little lazy to read it.

Just had a big test for school and the last thing i want to do is read more!!!

CatfishSoupFTW

haha i feel yeah and you know what, most of the time I just try stuff out until it works.

whats in the box?

i assume the float switch goes near the surface of the water. then some other tubing to your ato tank/jug etc. and presto? then the sensor mounts anywhere and does its thing. Youre still doing schooling during this time? summer school? was it you thats located in toronto? I remember talking to someone here once couldnt remember.

Spiderguardnano
haha i feel yeah and you know what, most of the time I just try stuff out until it works.

whats in the box?

i assume the float switch goes near the surface of the water. then some other tubing to your ato tank/jug etc. and presto? then the sensor mounts anywhere and does its thing. Youre still doing schooling during this time? summer school? was it you thats located in toronto? I remember talking to someone here once couldnt remember.

Yes still going to school right now for physical therapist assistant In San Diego

There's a bunch of stuff in the box

Reefergirl82

I have one in my sump.

It's pretty straight forward to install.

Just make sure your ato reservoir is sealed so no dust or animal hair gets in it. What I did for my frag tank is bought one of those black buckets from Home Depot and drilled 2 holes in the rim towards the top so that way I can refill without disturbing the pump and tubing

CatfishSoupFTW

youtube oddly enough didnt show solid videos but

and some other demos from the marine depot one may help yeah out. lol

looks like there are two magnets, one to place the switches and another for the intake? then the controller connects to a dc adapter that the pump connects to. and then the pump in an ato tank

surprised with how much is actually in that box.

lilmatty5dimes

pretty basic ato. the cords go like this. brown goes into the black wire with strips and blue wire goes into the solid black wire. i had to ask a few people for that one. lol i loved mine when i had it. looking for another one here once i raise some funds. lol the torch looks great i'm looking for some nice wavey movement lps now. if you can find a chucky's bride its the same thing as a pink hippo.

Spiderguardnano

Quick little update

so added the 3155 love that thing leaves me a little peace of mind when i am away from the house for a long time.

The torch was looking happy today by far my favorite purchase so far

05504b31-7335-4759-bc88-415bf4c662ee_zps

Found a old stand in an alley lol i know i know ghetto but the stand looked in good shape

took it home sanded it and applied its first layer of stain

it looks strong enough considering its real wood?

e3bf660a-8608-441e-a195-b840353251a8_zps

CatfishSoupFTW

that does look pretty sturdy ! new tank stand for a new tank? or youre gonna move yours to that one XD

Archived