Innovative Marine Aquariums

FS! strombus maculatus(nano conch) snails!

gulfsurfer101

• 2 months later...
gulfsurfer101

Well guys sorry to report that hurricane Harvey has killed my entire tank. No more snails, macro, fish or coral. It was a complete loss and at this point the tank is torn down stinking up my back porch.

• Sad 8
7 minutes ago, gulfsurfer101 said:

Well guys sorry to report that hurricane Harvey has killed my entire tank. No more snails, macro, fish or coral. It was a complete loss and at this point the tank is torn down stinking up my back porch.

Ugh I'm so sorry to hear that...I have actually been putting off asking to buy some from you, but have always wanted to. Do you think you will restart another tank again? I'm sure the community would be happy to contribute back to help you get set up again...:tears:

gulfsurfer101

This community has done enough for me. If I do plan on restarting I'll be supporting my local vendors and lfs's who could use the support getting back on thier feet. I'll wait till hurricane season is over though before I begin with Irma stirring on the same path Harvey was just on! 

• Like 1
12 hours ago, gulfsurfer101 said:

Oh carp! I was watching the news last night about Harvey and wondered how a reef tank could possibly survive something like this. I don't know how popular reefing is in Houston, but I can only imagine there must have been widespread losses. ? Hope you can rebuild after hurricane season. Good luck.

On ‎9‎/‎1‎/‎2017 at 4:28 PM, gulfsurfer101 said:

So sorry to hear bro. Hopefully you jump back in better than before.

Can you pls refund my shipping, tyvm.

On 9/2/2017 at 7:31 AM, holy carp said:

Oh carp! I was watching the news last night about Harvey and wondered how a reef tank could possibly survive something like this. I don't know how popular reefing is in Houston, but I can only imagine there must have been widespread losses. ? Hope you can rebuild after hurricane season. Good luck.

and now one headed for florida, hope it weakens... and puerto rico looks screwed. 

• Sad 1
On Tuesday, September 05, 2017 at 9:53 AM, OesteUno said:

So sorry to hear bro. Hopefully you jump back in better than before.

Can you pls refund my shipping, tyvm.

I offered to refund your shipping a while back even after I told you that I don't ship on Wednesdays but you still took the chance and gambled. I'm in no position to be issuing refunds. I got a flooded truck that needs tio be fixed and a leaking roof. If twelve bucks is that important to you then perhaps you should've taken it while I offered. Never was this a guaranteed deal and all the people who waited for Monday shipping got live snails. You wanted yours midweek and got dead ones. I offered to reimburse you then regardless of the fact. The fact that would ask to be reimbursed after my entire tank crashes is pretty disturbing to me. Sorry but the answer is no.

On Tuesday, September 05, 2017 at 10:18 AM, Tamberav said:

and now one headed for florida, hope it weakens... and puerto rico looks screwed. 

I know a few of my freinds weathered the storm and are now back up and running. Wish it was that simple for us. I was without power for 6 days. I couldn't stay at home because nobody could find fuel to run generators and it was in the triple digits. My 1yo has been in and out of the hospital with respiratory problems since birth and that was something I didn't went to deal with on top of everything we're dealing with. 

On Saturday, September 02, 2017 at 7:31 AM, holy carp said:

Houston has some major reef shops. I'm sure lots of people are just reeling from what just happened to them to be stressing about a tank. Some people are without homes. The eye wall hit about 30 miles North of where I'm at and I have freinds sleeping in pop up campers and tents where thier houses once stood sleeping to the sounds of generators and mosquitoes still tonight. 

On ‎9‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 4:32 PM, gulfsurfer101 said:

I offered to refund your shipping a while back even after I told you that I don't ship on Wednesdays but you still took the chance and gambled. I'm in no position to be issuing refunds. I got a flooded truck that needs tio be fixed and a leaking roof. If twelve bucks is that important to you then perhaps you should've taken it while I offered. Never was this a guaranteed deal and all the people who waited for Monday shipping got live snails. You wanted yours midweek and got dead ones. I offered to reimburse you then regardless of the fact. The fact that would ask to be reimbursed after my entire tank crashes is pretty disturbing to me. Sorry but the answer is no.

Wow, are you serious! Pls don't make me post the PM's. Reread everything, even after having me delete a question on this thread (Im sure there are others). I am asking for my 2nd payment of shipping that we agreed upon. After your truck took a dump, I said ship them when you can instead of refunding me, right? Never did I state "keep the shipping".

I expect my 12.00 and the money is not the point. Please don't PM me with your rants of "I'm trying to be cool" because I have been chill and understanding just as much.

12.00 refund for shipping, thx

On Saturday, September 02, 2017 at 7:31 AM, holy carp said:

There isn't sh!t to ship you because my entire tank is broken down due to everything completely dying from the hurricane that just hit my house. 12 dollars shipping was on you when you wanted them shipped to you midweek against me telling you to wait and besides 3 day shipping is never a gaurantee and anybody will tell you that. Yeah I still tried being cool and send more to you on my dime but things change. I offered you a refund of 12 dollars for snails I sent you that didn't make it because they sat overnight in some hot@$$ truck overnight for Saturday delivery because you were going on some vacation you never went on and I needed to mail you them instantly. You know what? I never even asked for a pic I just assumed they were all gone because you asked for Saturday delivery even against my wishes. Post pms all you like. I have the same ones. Everyone who chose Monday shipping recieved everything just fine! If you need any help understanding just take a look at my very  first post in this thread, just like I mentioned to you in our pms.

Now that that's said and I'm sorry I even had to, I plan on starting my tank up as soon as I can get all the biological filtration such as rock, sand, & sump as clean as possible then re-seeding it with a 3g Pico I've managed to keep only biological matter alive in order to restart my entire system. It's going to be a long process but I've spent years at it so what should a few more matter when you got the time. 

1 hour ago, gulfsurfer101 said:
On 9/2/2017 at 5:31 AM, holy carp said:

There isn't sh!t to ship you because my entire tank is broken down due to everything completely dying from the hurricane that just hit my house. 12 dollars shipping was on you when you wanted them shipped to you midweek against me telling you to wait and besides 3 day shipping is never a gaurantee and anybody will tell you that. Yeah I still tried being cool and send more to you on my dime but things change. I offered you a refund of 12 dollars for snails I sent you that didn't make it because they sat overnight in some hot@$$ truck overnight for Saturday delivery because you were going on some vacation you never went on and I needed to mail you them instantly. You know what? I never even asked for a pic I just assumed they were all gone because you asked for Saturday delivery even against my wishes. Post pms all you like. I have the same ones. Everyone who chose Monday shipping recieved everything just fine! If you need any help understanding just take a look at my very  first post in this thread, just like I mentioned to you in our pms.

Im starting to understand why so much bad stuff happened to you, tank crashed, junk car and a job that doesn't allow a seller to refund unless someone has to wait x-amount of days because the money was spent. Your a joke, straight diva. Sucks that I got stuck with the short end of the stick but sucks even more that you had to put your sad story that no one gives a crap about by way or future refund. Stick to legos if you can't handle reefing lol.

12.00 refund expected

I am so confused. His post says no refunds unless you mean he never sent you anything. Not sure what is happening in this thread. 

Wonder if anyone else on nano reef have these snails still going... I would love to find some. 

5 minutes ago, Tamberav said:

I am so confused. His post says no refunds unless you mean he never sent you anything. Not sure what is happening in this thread. 

Yes it does, then via PM he offered refund. I said just hold it and ship when his population is bigger then when he has money for gas etc... 

one thing to let let it go but another to offer refund. Dude is a control freak that demands things as a seller. If he wasn't such a-hole I'd wipe it clean but because he's an ahole seller.

bottom line... refund my 12.00 shipping mr seller or send me receipt of a 12.00 donation to redcross for hurricane.

1 hour ago, OesteUno said:

Yes it does, then via PM he offered refund. I said just hold it and ship when his population is bigger then when he has money for gas etc... 

one thing to let let it go but another to offer refund. Dude is a control freak that demands things as a seller. If he wasn't such a-hole I'd wipe it clean but because he's an ahole seller.

bottom line... refund my 12.00 shipping mr seller or send me receipt of a 12.00 donation to redcross for hurricane.

I love how you choose now to take issue with this, as he is currently trying to keep the last possible bit of his tank alive after going through a natural disaster. Also, making demands of someone like this really isn't cool. I've reiterated this in other threads recently, but this is supposed to be a community where we support each other. Maybe there are two sides to this story, but you're coming off as the asshole coming in right after his tank crashed to ask for a refund. Class act. :slap:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, schgr.cube said:

I love how you choose now to take issue with this, as he is currently trying to keep the last possible bit of his tank alive after going through a natural disaster. Also, making demands of someone like this really isn't cool. I've reiterated this in other threads recently, but this is supposed to be a community where we support each other. Maybe there are two sides to this story, but you're coming off as the asshole coming in right after his tank crashed to ask for a refund. Class act. :slap:

I was at his mercy so yes I needed to be the peace maker. I honestly don't care if I come off as an asshole, that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the way he could have approached The PM's. I bottled it up and still had grace. Would you have preferred me to say I'm sorry then post next comment about a refund? 

Is it a class act to say "I don't owe you sh!t" as a seller or am I singled out because I'm holding the seller to his refund?

bottom line... 12.00 refund or send my 12 bucks to a charitable charity... I don't want my money in his possession. Seller needs to learn how to sell composed and be a man of his word aka refund. 

7 minutes ago, OesteUno said:

I was at his mercy so yes I needed to be the peace maker. I honestly don't care if I come off as an asshole, that doesn't bother me. What bothers me is the way he could have approached The PM's. I bottled it up and still had grace. Would you have preferred me to say I'm sorry then post next comment about a refund? 

Is it a class act to say "I don't owe you sh!t" as a seller or am I singled out because I'm holding the seller to his refund?

bottom line... 12.00 refund or send my 12 bucks to a charitable charity... I don't want my money in his possession. Seller needs to learn how to sell composed and be a man of his word aka refund. 

I mean if you don't care if you look like an asshole, that's cool, but you aren't going to have anyone going to bat for you. I see you making demands, but what exactly are you going to do when he inevitably says "no"? 

1 hour ago, schgr.cube said:

I mean if you don't care if you look like an asshole, that's cool, but you aren't going to have anyone going to bat for you. I see you making demands, but what exactly are you going to do when he inevitably says "no"? 

Where do you see I need support? Let your bf speak for himself and let him bat his own game.

You're still here crying! Get f*cked! I offered you twelve bucks like 3 months ago and you should have it took it then because I knew it was going to be too hot to ship anything. Maybe next time someone tells you to wait till Monday to ship just wait till then instead of coming up with some bullshit story about going on vacation and you need them asap. It would've been better to just wait till afterwards but you know you weren't going anywhere and just wanted to get them in a rush. Piss poor planning on your behalf doesn't constitute an emergency on my behalf.

1 hour ago, gulfsurfer101 said:

You're still here crying! Get f*cked! I offered you twelve bucks like 3 months ago and you should have it took it then because I knew it was going to be too hot to ship anything. Maybe next time someone tells you to wait till Monday to ship just wait till then instead of coming up with some bullshit story about going on vacation and you need them asap. It would've been better to just wait till afterwards but you know you weren't going anywhere and just wanted to get them in a rush. Piss poor planning on your behalf doesn't constitute an emergency on my behalf.

get fukd like your tank, car and overdraft fees?

Once again... the first round of doa is done and not an issue, we can agree that that is not what I am replying too. Your monthly period and my 12.00 is where the issue is. Any seller that backs out and concludes based on their own is garbage. Set your pride aside and refund me what was offered, my... 12.00... dollars...

Show me the overdraft fee and I'll call it even, at least that money would have went to mediocre customer service.

If you chose to risk Wednesday shipping, and if you chose not to be waiting by the mailbox to collect them and let them sit in the mailbox all day, or let them ride around in the hot mail truck all day instead of sending to a P.O. Box, and you chose not to take him up on his offer of refund months ago when it was relevant, it's entirely your own fault.  When you chose Weds. shipping he was under no obligation to refund you any money at that point, period.  I am not aware of any sellers who would refund your money after 3 months.  Heck, ebay sellers won't refund after four hours!  And how would it have been fair for you to get a second shipment of snails (to die in a hot mailbox again?) when there were lots of people waiting for a first?  He may have agreed to something three months ago but circumstances change, and his certainly did.  Demanding a whopping twelve dollars from someone who just survived a natural disaster and has nothing to spare just makes you look like a terrible person.

Also, LOL at someone thinking the American Red Cross is a good place to send your money. :rolleyes:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I'm telling you. This guy thinks he's entitled or something. There was never a guarantee and you had options. You clearly choose very poorly. 

• Recommended Discussions