inTank Media Baskets

FS! strombus maculatus(nano conch) snails!

gulfsurfer101

I've realized there are a lot of people on here that aren't contributing anything, and just using this forum for a marketplace. They tend to be the ones that freak out and are unreasonable, and won't see anything else than what they think is correct.

• Like 3

I've ordered from Gulfsurfer in the past and had a great experience. The nano conchs flourished until my mandarin began to eat all the babies. Anyone in this hobby knows that shipments should never go out any later than Monday as to prevent DOA deliveries. My philosophy in this hobby and on forums, livestock is never guaranteed. Purchase at your own risk. If you want warranties etc etc, go make purchases from an actual businesses not another hobbyist off a forum. Even most business are fairly strict on their refund policy on live saltwater goods. 

Gulfsurfer, I hope everything comes back together for you after the disaster. Sorry to hear about your losses. 

• Like 2

Wow, this guy had his life turned upside down by Harvey, 1 year old having respiratory issues and you have the audacity to ask him for a measly $12 refund for an order that wasnt guaranteed? Sickening, have a heart/some kind of sympathy.

I bought 5 of these snails off Gulf about 2 years ago and now have about 50 between my two tanks.  I even remember submitting payment to him twice and he refunded me immediately.  He could of kept it bc I sent it as a gift based off his reputation around here but he didn't.

Whenever you get your tank back up and running, let me know Gulf.  Ill send you some of your snails back as well as any frag you'd like from my tanks.

• Like 6
21 hours ago, NISMO703 said:

Wow, this guy had his life turned upside down by Harvey, 1 year old having respiratory issues and you have the audacity to ask him for a measly $12 refund for an order that wasnt guaranteed? Sickening, have a heart/some kind of sympathy.

I bought 5 of these snails off Gulf about 2 years ago and now have about 50 between my two tanks.  I even remember submitting payment to him twice and he refunded me immediately.  He could of kept it bc I sent it as a gift based off his reputation around here but he didn't.

Whenever you get your tank back up and running, let me know Gulf.  Ill send you some of your snails back as well as any frag you'd like from my tanks.

I remember that. No way would I burn anybody on here. This forum has been friggin awesome to since I've been a member here from like 06 or 07 and don't see myself going anywhere. 

• Like 1

Busy day today. After I get home I think I'm going to start making repairs to my tank and stand and see how far I can get this weekend. 

• Like 3

^ Same here. Whenever you get things up and running again, I will absolutely be purchasing some of your nano conchs. And I will add an extra $12 just to spite that dude for giving you an extra hard time when that was the last thing you needed.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
On Monday, September 18, 2017 at 9:15 PM, Tmr8188 said:

Sorry to hear about your situation.   If you ever get anymore nano conch I would be happy to purchase some at a higher price.

If I ever do come across these again in my tanks I'll hook you up for shipping. Macro and everything.

20 hours ago, samnaz said:

^ Same here. Whenever you get things up and running again, I will absolutely be purchasing some of your nano conchs. And I will add an extra $12 just to spite that dude for giving you an extra hard time when that was the last thing you needed.

This made me laugh pretty hard lol! 

• 4 weeks later...
On 10/17/2017 at 11:15 PM, Noinoi24 said:

Hello, I’d be interested to get some   snails and macroalgea please.

He doesn't have any.  He lost his entire tank to Hurricane Harvey. :(

6 hours ago, Noinoi24 said:

I’m sorry to hear that. Well anyway, do you have some @Lula_Mae?

If you’re really desperate, the guy I just got some from likely has more, I can see if he’s willing to ship. You’re on the opposite coast though, so your shipping cost won’t be fun. 

• 4 weeks later...
gulfsurfer101

Hey guys sorry I've been mia but I'm out the hobby completely. Just actually got rid of the tank yesterday. I might contemplate getting back in the hobby but for right now I have too much on my plate. If your looking for conch snails I'd get in contact with glennritter1978. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
15 hours ago, gulfsurfer101 said:

Hey guys sorry I've been mia but I'm out the hobby completely. Just actually got rid of the tank yesterday. I might contemplate getting back in the hobby but for right now I have too much on my plate. If your looking for conch snails I'd get in contact with glennritter1978. 

Thanks for letting us know. Hope all is well.

On 11/24/2017 at 2:10 PM, gulfsurfer101 said:

hi, I hope all will go well. Thank you!

Wow 5 for $25 shipped? After shipping materials and cost that’s not even worth the time in labor it takes for him to prepare the package! I really missed out on that one, I coulda used some help with cyano lol. So sorry about the hurricane, I can’t imagine that happening to me. Literally hundreds/thousands of dollars potentially gone, in tanks alone. Plus the time investment on top of the financial aspect...

On 11/24/2017 at 5:10 PM, gulfsurfer101 said:

When you do (note the when, not if...this hobby is too addictive for that! ;)), if I have anything I can frag that you want, you're welcome to it.  Hopefully some stuff will have grown out by then!

On 11/30/2017 at 1:24 AM, Noinoi24 said:

I’m interested too with that fragged stuff @Lula_Mae lol

I won't have anything for a long time, sorry to say, but hope to eventually sell things for reasonable prices.  I'm offering stuff to him to help rebuild when he's ready, because he lost everything he had, and that's what this community is all about--coming together to help one another through tough times.  I've experienced a mega tank crash and it sucks.  I can't even imagine losing everything.

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
gulfsurfer101

Sorry guys still no snails or macro or anything alive for that matter. I did set up my pecto 3.7 pico tank and made my first coral purchase from Glenn over at coral gardens aquaculture though. I plan on upgrading very soon but I don't think I'll go over a 40br. As far as hooking people up with more snails and macro I don't think I'll be doing it again. As someone mentioned it's not worth the time and material to go and take time off from work to make the the stop at the post office. I started this thread with the only intentions of helping my fellow hobbyists out but it only takes one bad apple to riun the batch! 

• Like 1
  • 3 years later...
On 6/4/2014 at 7:28 PM, gulfsurfer101 said:

Have a few to sell, and these are definitely a pretty awesome addition to any reef cleaner crew. They multiply quickly and tackle everything from glass algae to cyano algae. I just noticed a second boom in my tank so I can offer a few packs that will include 5 snails for 25 shipped.

Shipping is USPS 2-3 day service with no live arrival guarantee. Buy at your own risk! No refunds will be issued.

Here is a pic of a pair laying eggs in one of my tanks.

20131226_192933_zpsksj8wlwn.jpg

old thread but any left?

anyone have nano conch FS?

• Recommended Discussions