inTank Media Baskets

Pre-ordered the ALL NEW Innovative Marine SkimMate Ghost Skimmer

IMSR80

Steensj2004

Apparently the skimmer will ship to Marine Depot the 19th. Considering they are only miles from the source I imagine Marine Depot should get them by the 21st, and a guess is they will ship them to us by the 23rd-ish .I hope to get mine no later than the 30th-ish

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I just placed my order this afternoon 5/15 from Marine Depot. Hopefully things hold true and they do in fact ship next week. Fingers crossed!

I am interested in these skimmers too. I see many mixed reviews on Innovative Marine products. The name certainly makes them sound cool ;)

Just preordered one, Looks pretty solid for the price. I'm sure a lot of people who have ordered these will write up some reviews of the product once in hand. I will be one of them :P

Steensj2004

Just preordered one, Looks pretty solid for the price. I'm sure a lot of people who have ordered these will write up some reviews of the product once in hand. I will be one of them :P

Heck yes!!! Super excited for this thing. I cannot believe that this thing will disappoint. Getting hopes up lol

Just got my email saying that my order contains back ordered merchandise. I knew that when I placed the order. Hopeful will receive within 2 weeks.

Steensj2004

Just got my email saying that my order contains back ordered merchandise. I knew that when I placed the order. Hopeful will receive within 2 weeks.

I did as well..... I imagine I should have it in a few weeks....

Steensj2004

Ladies and Gentlemen of NR that have also considered or have already pre-ordered the Ghost Skimmer..........I would like to inform you that the site has them listed as,"In Stock!!!!!" omgomgomg

I hope they will be shipping them out this Monday-ish.....Pumped

you guys should let me review this skimmer MD. I have access to diabolic lab equipment, I can empirically test how well this skimmer does!

Ladies and Gentlemen of NR that have also considered or have already pre-ordered the Ghost Skimmer..........I would like to inform you that the site has them listed as,"In Stock!!!!!" omgomgomg

I hope they will be shipping them out this Monday-ish.....Pumped

Since we"re pretty close in location, let's keep in touch and let each other know once they receive their shipment notification.

Steensj2004

Since we"re pretty close in location, let's keep in touch and let each other know once they receive their shipment notification.

Sounds good! I sent a message asking when to expect shipping this morning.

defender.TX

Too bad I just picked up the desktop classic skimmate a few weeks ago...

Would have loved to grab this instead. Looks great! Although I am confused why the new desktop model fits in the Nuvo 24 but says it maxes at 20 gallons.

Steensj2004

Too bad I just picked up the desktop classic skimmate a few weeks ago...

Would have loved to grab this instead. Looks great! Although I am confused why the new desktop model fits in the Nuvo 24 but says it maxes at 20 gallons.

Good Question.... does the midsized also fit inside the 24 as well? Maybe the mid-sized is supposed to be used in the 24...

Wait, you are in Chesapeake?! Why aren't we swapping frags n shiz?! lol

Good Question.... does the midsized also fit inside the 24 as well? Maybe the mid-sized is supposed to be used in the 24...

Wait, you are in Chesapeake?! Why aren't we swapping frags n shiz?! lol

Because I need to grow out some stuff in order to frag it.

defender.TX

I know it will fit physically, the height/depth of the sump in the 24 is the same as the 16. I just don't know of it's beefy enough to adequately skim the 24 since it claims max 20 gallons. The classic desktop claimed a 25 gallon max so it made sense.

Steensj2004

Right.....hmmmmmm, I am not sure. Hoping my skimmer gets shipped out today.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with Marine Depot, Skimmer shipped today! excited omgomgomg

I know it will fit physically, the height/depth of the sump in the 24 is the same as the 16. I just don't know of it's beefy enough to adequately skim the 24 since it claims max 20 gallons. The classic desktop claimed a 25 gallon max so it made sense.

No way IM24 holds 24g of water. It is probably less than 20 and then you have to take sand, rock etc into account.

Right.....hmmmmmm, I am not sure. Hoping my skimmer gets shipped out today.

EDIT: Just got off the phone with Marine Depot, Skimmer shipped today! excited omgomgomg

Does your order show as shipped on their web page? Mine doesn't.

Steensj2004

Not yet, the rep on the phone told me that it had been shipped. She said it is likely already on it's way OR packaged waiting for pickup by COB today. She said tracking email etc should generate later this afternoon/ evening. I trust them, Marine Depot has never lied to me or mislead me.

Does your order show as shipped on their web page? Mine doesn't.

I just got my shipping notification, but now I see they are offering 10% off with a promo code. I just responded to their post to see if I can get that 10% refunded.

defender.TX

No way IM24 holds 24g of water. It is probably less than 20 and then you have to take sand, rock etc into account.

This is correct, mine took about 19 gallons. I guess I just figured that the advertised maximum gallons for a protein skimmer was similar to how they advertise the aquariums themselves - more about tank size than actual water volume. I guess I'm wrong?

Mine just came through as well! Let me know if you get the refund! lol

They're going to give me the difference as a store credit. That's good with me. I had a feeling they would make good on it.

Archived