inTank Media Baskets

Pre-ordered the ALL NEW Innovative Marine SkimMate Ghost Skimmer

IMSR80

Pre-ordered the ALL NEW Innovative Marine SkimMate Ghost Skimmer

http://innovative-marine.com/auqa-gadget/ghost-skimmer.html

I just ordered a full size one for my SR-80 tank. http://www.saltwateraquarium.com/ will ship it on May 14th, next Wednesday, which is the right time for my new IM SR-80.

Got it on Monday. Full size one for my SR-80. See below. The performance so far seems good and neat. I wish they it use that silent pump. I am not sure if I can upgrade it with silient pump later on my own.

This full size one has ceramic shaft, but the nose level is about 80 db now.

It is quiet when you pull it out of water, and 80 db under water. I check the pump and shaft, everything is fine. Nothing is broken.

80 db is like running a hair dryer besides you. Noisy.

I will call IM on Monday to find out why, or if they can take it back for refund.

Disappointed.

MokH8WB.jpg

15AcGHm.jpg

ghost-skimmer0innovative-marine-620x269.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Looks very much like the Aquamaxx HOB-1, minus the HOB. Or if you prefer, it's a repackaged JNS-WS1 with a "integrated airline management system". If those two skimmers are any indication, the Ghost should perform well.

Now, will it supplement the Cadlight PLS-50 that has rave review among the nano crowd? Only time will tell. Or I should say, please provide update once it's in your tank :)

For comparision purpose:

IMG_3563.jpgaquamaxxx-hob-protein-skimmer.jpg

-Jeff

Captain Morgan

I would never buy another IM product

My second tank was a IM nuvo 16. The silicone that was used to hold the wall between the display area and the rear sump had holes in multiple areas. The lights that came with it are were weak even though they were selling each light fixture seperately at $100. The current IM skimmer they're selling sucks.

They have products that have cool designs, but the quality of their products is terrible.

Capt M,

It's unfortunate you had a bad experience with IM. I've been running the Nuvo 16 successfully for 5 months now and also run the IM skimmer with no issues whatsoever. The skimmer can be a little noisy as it chews air in the impeller but it skims like a champ as I'm carrying a pretty heavy bio load. The lighting was okay for softies but as I wanted to move into the hard stuff I switched the lighting to the Maxspect Razor and now have more quality light than I need. All in all I'm happy with IM and will likely buy this new skimmer if it indeed is more quiet. If I move up in AIO system it may however be RedSea.

I gave in and went with the Cadlights, but I think if it'll fit in the BC29 while allowing the lid (or lids if you have the HQI) to close it'll still get a lot of business because right now your only choices are the AL115 (so so at best) or the Tunze, which has to go in chamber 2. The Cadlights also has to go in chamber 2, which is not ideal. Anyone that can create a skimmer that's better than the AL 115 (and honeslty that wouldn't be too hard) that ALSO will fit in chamber 1 of the BC29, I think will have a good showing among the nano crowd.

I gave in and went with the Cadlights, but I think if it'll fit in the BC29 while allowing the lid (or lids if you have the HQI) to close it'll still get a lot of business because right now your only choices are the AL115 (so so at best) or the Tunze, which has to go in chamber 2. The Cadlights also has to go in chamber 2, which is not ideal. Anyone that can create a skimmer that's better than the AL 115 (and honeslty that wouldn't be too hard) that ALSO will fit in chamber 1 of the BC29, I think will have a good showing among the nano crowd.

I spoke with a rep from CadLights and they told me I wouldn't be able to close the lid without some modification. I'm currently running a Hydor Slim Skim Nano, but it's getting ready to take a trip to the trash can because of the constant humming noise it males as well as the amount of micro bubbles it is putting into the tank.

Steensj2004

Looking to order one of these instead of the Aqua Euro I wanted....told my LFS to hold off until I can get a review on these, following!

Steensj2004

Anyone know when these will ship and who sells them

besides Marine Depot? Wanna order one but MD says out of stock. Did the first batch ship? Anyone know of a dealer online that has a desktop version( for the Nuvo 16)

besides Marine Depot? Wanna order one but MD says out of stock. Did the first batch ship? Anyone know of a dealer online that has a desktop version( for the Nuvo 16)

http://www.saltwateraquarium.com/ has them. I ordered from them. They get these on this Wednesday. They sell it cheaper than MD. Check it out.

Marine Depot

Innovative Marine told us they receive their first shipment of Ghost protein skimmers Thursday 5/15 and will need a couple of days to process and inspect them before shipping them to retailers. We're 14 miles from their headquarters, so they told us we can expect to begin fulfilling pre-orders 5/19. We'll happily price match another online vendor to earn your business and ensure you pay the lowest price.

Steensj2004

Innovative Marine told us they receive their first shipment of Ghost protein skimmers Thursday 5/15 and will need a couple of days to process and inspect them before shipping them to retailers. We're 14 miles from their headquarters, so they told us we can expect to begin fulfilling pre-orders 5/19. We'll happily price match another online vendor to earn your business and ensure you pay the lowest price.

I perfer to order from Marine Depot, My issue is knowing if I pre-order will I get some of the first batch or not. For example, if you are recieving 100, are the first 100 already spoken for. I am leaving in June for 2 months and wanted to get a skimmer up and running before then.

Steensj2004

Response form Marine Depot:

"Hello,

Thank you for the email. We are hoping to receive the ghost skimmers sometime by the end of next month. I hope this information helps. Below is a link to the ghost skimmers. Take care and have a good day."

So apparently two different stories.... Think I will scratch the pre-order as I need some kind of idea if my pre-order will yield a skimmer or if it will get me one from another batch in a month. :wacko:

Marine Depot

Response form Marine Depot:

"Hello,

Thank you for the email. We are hoping to receive the ghost skimmers sometime by the end of next month. I hope this information helps. Below is a link to the ghost skimmers. Take care and have a good day."

So apparently two different stories.... Think I will scratch the pre-order as I need some kind of idea if my pre-order will yield a skimmer or if it will get me one from another batch in a month. :wacko:

Sorry for the mixed messaging. We have an internal system that provides estimated times of arrival for purchase orders. The promise date for Ghost skimmers in our system is 5/28, but when I visited their headquarters last week to pick up a pre-production model for testing, they told me they'll receive them 5/15 and we should have them by 5/19. Hopefully that is indeed the case; IM is sharp in terms of marketing and fulfillment so we're confident we'll be shipping out pre-orders next week.

Marine Depot

Now I just need to know if it will fit in my BC 29 and still allow me to close the lid.

Innovative Marine sent us these photos of their new Ghost Protein Skimmer (the MidSize rated for tanks up to 40 gallons) inside the back chamber of a 29-gallon BioCube. They told us you can even put the aquarium hood back on and close it. Nice! The skimmer is held in place using a Mag-Float Magnet Cleaner.

Ghost+Protein+Skimmer+in+BioCube+29+-+1.Ghost+Protein+Skimmer+in+BioCube+29+-+2.

www.saltwateraquarium.com is saying "Preorder - The New Ghost skimmers will be shipping to us on the 14th of May 2014."

That was why I placed this order with them. http://www.saltwateraquarium.com/new-order-sale/preorders-1/innovative-marine-skimmate-ghost-protein-skimmer-desktop-midsize-fullsize.html

"...they told me they'll receive them 5/15 and we should have them by 5/19..." -M.D.

How come saltwateraquarium.com can get this product before I.M. gets them??? Directly shipped from China to retailer?

Steensj2004

Innovative Marine sent us these photos of their new Ghost Protein Skimmer (the MidSize rated for tanks up to 40 gallons) inside the back chamber of a 29-gallon BioCube. They told us you can even put the aquarium hood back on and close it. Nice! The skimmer is held in place using a Mag-Float Magnet Cleaner.

Ghost+Protein+Skimmer+in+BioCube+29+-+1.Ghost+Protein+Skimmer+in+BioCube+29+-+2.

So will the Magnet be included or is that something you need to buy seperate?

Steensj2004

www.saltwateraquarium.com is saying "Preorder - The New Ghost skimmers will be shipping to us on the 14th of May 2014."

That was why I placed this order with them. http://www.saltwateraquarium.com/new-order-sale/preorders-1/innovative-marine-skimmate-ghost-protein-skimmer-desktop-midsize-fullsize.html

"...they told me they'll receive them 5/15 and we should have them by 5/19..." -M.D.

How come saltwateraquarium.com can get this product before I.M. gets them??? Directly shipped from China to retailer?

Saltwateraquarium.com said they will SHIP to them on the 14th, not arrive? Marine depot said they ship the 14th and will arrive the 19th, saltwateraquarium.com might not get them untill the 24th.....

Innovative Marine sent us these photos of their new http://www.marinedepot.com/Innovative_Marine_AUQA_Gadget_Ghost_Protein_Skimmer_Pre_Order-Innovative_Marine-0I10453-FIPSISNWPO-vi.html'>Ghost Protein Skimmer (the MidSize rated for tanks up to 40 gallons) inside the back chamber of a 29-gallon BioCube. They told us you can even put the aquarium hood back on and close it. Nice! The skimmer is held in place using a http://www.marinedepot.com/Mag_Float_Magnet_Cleaner_(Glass)_Floating_Algae_Magnets-Mag_Float-MF1111-FIMTAMCMFM-vi.html'>Mag-Float Magnet Cleaner.

Cool, looks like I'll be ordering on then. I just need to know if it will fit in the 2nd chamber along with an InTank media basket?

Looks like it has some residue from skimming!

Not from that particular empty tank!

Would have been nice for them to have shown this in the back of a Nuvo 16.

Sorry for the mixed messaging. We have an internal system that provides estimated times of arrival for purchase orders. The promise date for Ghost skimmers in our system is 5/28, but when I visited their headquarters last week to pick up a http://blog.marinedepot.com/2014/05/product-review-innovative-marine-ghost.html'>pre-production model for testing, they told me they'll receive them 5/15 and we should have them by 5/19. Hopefully that is indeed the case; IM is sharp in terms of marketing and fulfillment so we're confident we'll be shipping out pre-orders next week.

So if I preorder a mid size one now, when can I expect to get it? After seeing the pics you posted of the BC 29, I'm positive it will fit how I want it to.

Archived