Pod Your Reef

Rock Flower Anemone Information and Appreciation Thread

Mirya

The price was 54.99. I had %20 off of that. I did message the seller about the pic not being very representative of the product received. They responded its a red RFA. I think I have to chalk this up to a learning experience on my part.

I think I purchased my red rock flower anemone from the same place (same price and discount). It didn't look nearly as nice as the "representative" photo, but I chalked it up to shipping stress and the eventual discovery that it was being eaten by a peppermint shrimp. Bottom line, I expected better for the (non-discount) price.

I think I purchased my red rock flower anemone from the same place (same price and discount). It didn't look nearly as nice as the "representative" photo, but I chalked it up to shipping stress and the eventual discovery that it was being eaten by a peppermint shrimp. Bottom line, I expected better for the (non-discount) price.

My advice is to only purchase WYSIWYG RFAs. That's the only way you can make sure to get awesome RFAs and don't forget that the really really nice ones are NOT cheap.

• Like 1

So I just recently picked up my first rock flowers and I had a few questions. I bought a red rock flower a few days ago. The listing was NOT wysiwyg, but.... They did have a representative picture up:8609A190-4E3F-4397-AC69-B30EC0C0E9C4_zps

The listing did say it was their pick and sizes will vary. This is what I received:F8497A6D-D19D-4A44-967B-F7F954726908_zps

Before I leave a review, I wanted to hear what you guys think. Am I wrong for being a little disappointed? Is this standard for this type of transaction? If I screwed up by not buying wysiwyg in the first place, please let me know. That's how I kind of feel right now, lol.

Sorry you are disapointed and i understand why but i realy like your new rfa, to me that is a nice and "wellness" looking animal, i do hope you dont let it see your disapointment then it will get sad to.

bought a 5th RFA today at ASD.

they got three baskets in! will go on sale this

weekend! :D

nothing that we haven't seen before--but still pretty

stock. i got a light green faced one with faint stripes

and a gray skirt.

• Like 4

Was just watching tank and noticed this guy hitching a ride. On another note is the lifespan of these known? I had one of my spawning adults die last week out of no where.

786AB1A9-6CE1-49F2-8A91-8892288EC81E_zps

• Like 4

Was just watching tank and noticed this guy hitching a ride. On another note is the lifespan of these known? I had one of my spawning adults die last week out of no where.

Cute hitchhiker. :)

I have wondered about their lifespan as well. I have one that I've had for close to two years that I bought as a pretty large specimen. Recently he has shrunk a little and not been as "eager" as my other RFAs. All the other ones in the tank are fine. I don't know if it is a senescence thing or what. That being said, even though s/he is large compared to most RFAs I've seen at stores, I know s/he isn't anywhere near the max size they get in the wild, so I can't imagine he is "geriatric."

• Like 1

So I just recently picked up my first rock flowers and I had a few questions. I bought a red rock flower a few days ago. The listing was NOT wysiwyg, but.... They did have a representative picture up:

8609A190-4E3F-4397-AC69-B30EC0C0E9C4_zps

The listing did say it was their pick and sizes will vary. This is what I received:

F8497A6D-D19D-4A44-967B-F7F954726908_zps

Before I leave a review, I wanted to hear what you guys think. Am I wrong for being a little disappointed? Is this standard for this type of transaction? If I screwed up by not buying wysiwyg in the first place, please let me know. That's how I kind of feel right now, lol.

I recognize the photo and will say, I had the same problem with the same vendor when I purchased a red RFA. The one I got was pretty bleached out and lacked any sort of color. I will say though that after 5 months in my tank, it is a gorgeous bright orange RFA now. So give it some time to color up. I think you'll be surprised.

No, everything i've read says can't be fragged. Just got to let mother nature take care of it....plus if they successfully spawn you could literally end up with hundreds as opposed to just a few from fragging if it worked for these guys.

Do not cut! They're not like mushrooms or bubble tips. They don't reproduce like that at all. The males spew and females ingest it in the water column, later little babies crawl out.

• Like 3

My rock flower girl(?) just upped and rompped around. She moved to the front. Kinda nice.

I like it when they move some, gives 'em character! I had 3 on a rock that kept taking turns moving around on the same rock. Sometimes these 2 would be close to each other, then then next day, like they had a fight, I wake up and the other 2 are cozy instead. I always think about it in terms of arguments for some reason. They are social and love grouping together.

• Like 3
  • Christopher Marks pinned this topic