Coral Vue Hydros

Diver's Paradise: The Sequel (Vacation Pics pg. 48!)

Felicia

That looks like an awesome party, need to edit some of those into black and white or something, that'd be cool. Make them look older.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Those are nice! Did you get them in the AC ebay auctions or did you go to their store? Unfortunately, my zoa/paly space is very limited in the new set-up, so I'm not trying to acquire any new ones right now. Thanks, though!

Auctions, only $35 for the mini colony of about 40 polyps, once you're ready, I can give you a frag :)

Polarcollision

How are the wrasses getting along today?

I put the mirror up to the tank this morning and he flashed once, then hid in the back of the tank. Poor thing has always been scared of me ever since the jumping incidents so maybe I'll tape the mirror up for a bit.

Your flapper party sounds fun! I used to go dancing in Ybor City every weekend and often thought about taking swing classes there.

Thought you'd enjoy this video:

That looks like an awesome party, need to edit some of those into black and white or something, that'd be cool. Make them look older.

It was a fun party! And yeah, that's a good point :)

Gorgeous friend :).

Yep! Now if only he'll come out of the rocks so I can see his pretty colors.

How are the wrasses getting along today?

I put the mirror up to the tank this morning and he flashed once, then hid in the back of the tank. Poor thing has always been scared of me ever since the jumping incidents so maybe I'll tape the mirror up for a bit.

Your flapper party sounds fun! I used to go dancing in Ybor City every weekend and often thought about taking swing classes there.

Thought you'd enjoy this video:

The wrasses are good. The McCosker's (1st one) is out and about, but is only hanging out over on the right side of the tank near the bonsai pillar. He seems to have picked that area as his territory. The other wrasse hasn't come out of the rock structure on the left side of the tank all day. I can see him in there and he's alive, he's just hiding. I don't think he's hiding from the other wrasse, since the other wrasse stays on the opposite end of the tank all the time. I think the linespot is just taking longer to warm up. It may be a few days before he gets brave enough to venture out. I just hope the clowns don't freak him out even more because those are getting added tomorrow afternoon. I'll keep you posted! I'm anxious to see them interact to see how it goes.

That's cool that he flashed at his reflection! Maybe he startled himself! :lol:

It was a really fun party! It had an awesome turnout and I loved that almost everyone actually dressed up and there were lots of awesome 20's costumes. I've done ball room dancing lessons before, but never swing. I'd love to though because it looks like tons of fun!

I saw that video when I was researching the flasher wrasses. So cool! I love the flashing behavior!

Oh my gosh...he's little! He looked so much bigger in the bag :).

Yeah, he's a bit smaller. I think he's a young male since his spines aren't very long. They grow up to like 2.5-3" max.

Here's a quick video I took of the Carpenter's wrasse eating. The linespot isn't coming out for food yet, but its only been a day since he went into the tank. He just lurked under the heater while the Carpenter's ate like a pig.

Such an awesome fish! I like that flat rock you have on the sand. I need one of those to attach all of my zoas on the frag rack to :).

Have I mentioned how much I L O V E the aquascape?????? It's fabulous :).

I'm so glad you like your rock frm KPA- If I watched this video and I didn't know you bought it, I'd be like....That rock looks familiar. I love all the colors and holes and indentations, perfect for corals. and 5 mos later I'm still finding new things coming out of the rock. Today it was a little snail I've never seen before.

Such an awesome fish! I like that flat rock you have on the sand. I need one of those to attach all of my zoas on the frag rack to :).

Have I mentioned how much I L O V E the aquascape?????? It's fabulous :).

It is a very cool fish! I just hope the other one will come out too! I witnessed the Carpenter's scare the linespot from under the heater back into the rocks. He wasn't super nasty about it though and he didn't pursue him. He just has claimed that area on the right by the bonsai pillar and the heater is right behind there. So he just kicked the other one out of his area. Hopefully they can get along. Both of them are in the rocks right now.

The flat rock is going to be for acans or clams or something :) Zoas and palys is another good idea. Its definitely perfect for a lot of thing!

Thanks, Gena! I'm so glad you like it! I'm really loving it. So different and I just love the openess. :)

I'm so glad you like your rock frm KPA- If I watched this video and I didn't know you bought it, I'd be like....That rock looks familiar. I love all the colors and holes and indentations, perfect for corals. and 5 mos later I'm still finding new things coming out of the rock. Today it was a little snail I've never seen before.

It really is great rock! So colorful and yep, I keep noticing new things. No major hitchhikers on mine since it was cured, but I've noticed some sponges, feather dusters, some small corals that appear to be alive (possibly porites), and just lots of color. I haven't seen any snails other than the initial one and I don't think it survived the cycle because I haven't seen it.

Just give it some time and stuff that was probably miniscule will grow. I think I'm finally getting some colonistas after 5 mos. Those fish! SO cool that you have awesome LFSs nearby that carry fancy things.

Polarcollision

The shy linespot wrasse has moved a bit. Now he's lurking under the heater. I wish he'd come out, but at least I know he's alive and so far I haven't seen the other wrasse mess with him or anything. He must just be more shy.

IMG_5411.jpg

Blowing a kiss. LOL

Blowing a kiss. LOL

It definitely looks like that! I think that's more his scared face since he wasn't too happy with me being near the tank. He's still very shy.

Polarcollision

It definitely looks like that! I think that's more his scared face since he wasn't too happy with me being near the tank. He's still very shy.

Aww. Poor little guy. He'll figure out how lucky he is to be in one of your tanks soon enough

Aww. Poor little guy. He'll figure out how lucky he is to be in one of your tanks soon enough

I hope so. He's way more timid than the first one, so I worry about him getting bullied. The clowns are getting added tomorrow afternoon, so we'll see how he handles that.

The wrasse is gorgeous, nice buy. I found it took a few days for my wrasse and even my hog fish to start acting 'normal'. Hid for about 48 hours before they even showed their faces, then ate and never hid again. It will relax eventually.

The wrasse is gorgeous, nice buy. I found it took a few days for my wrasse and even my hog fish to start acting 'normal'. Hid for about 48 hours before they even showed their faces, then ate and never hid again. It will relax eventually.

Thanks, I really love these two wrasses! The colors are just amazing in person :) Yeah, my fish always take a couple days to settle in. Even though I know this, I always stress until they're acting 'normal' :lol:

Looks like a fun party! Was it populated by other researchers?

Was that wrasse eating flakes?

It was definitely a fun party! Yes, it was mostly other PhD students and post docs. I had friends there from Bioengineering, Materials Science and Engineering, and Molecular Cell Biology, plus some other random students from Berkeley like some students in the law school.

Yep, the wrasse was eating Ocean Nutrition Formula 2 flakes in that video. I wanted a fish that wouldn't be a picky eater since I stick to mostly flakes and pellets in the main tank (the seahorses are the high maintenance ones who get PE mysis and where all the NPS corals are). However, you really can't get any better than a fish eating flakes like a pig on his first day in the tank! He hasn't shown much interest in the pellets I feed, which are Formula 1. He should really be eating Formula 1 since he's a carnivore, so I ordered some Formula 1 flakes off Amazon Prime for him. They'll be here tomorrow. I have yet to see if the other one will eat flakes, but that one ate pellets at the store.

Look who finally came out! And they're not fighting!

Please excuse the horrible glare/reflections off the tank. The light on the tank isn't on for the day yet and the sun is beating in my living room window. I found them both out and about when I came out into my living room this morning. Once I started moving around in the living room, the both went back into hiding in the rocks, but this is progress! Good to see they were both right by each other and not fighting. Let's hope they continue on that way! Btw, the sheen on the purple on in person is just amazing. He's shimmery :)

Oh, and I'm picking up the clowns at 3 pm today!

And both wrasses are out swimming about again! They're just hanging out together on the left side of the tank. Absolutely no signs of aggression, nipping, or chasing! They're just swimming around, hanging out together! So phsyched that this is working out! They're such a colorful duo :)

I just got around to ordering my CUC. I lost most of my inverts in the crash, not that I had many hermits or snails left since the hermits like to kill snails and each other. Anyways, here's what I ordered:

KP Aquatics

- Astreas and Ninja Star Astreas

- Nerites (not the intertidal ones! The ones Reef Cleaners sells are constantly on my floor, whereas the KPA ones stay in the tank!)

- Nano serpent stars

- Blue leg hermits

- Orange claw hermits

Reef Cleaners

- Florida Ceriths

- Nassarius (KPA doesn't sell them since they aren't native to where KPA collects in the Keys)

- Penny macroalgae

- Empty shells for the hermits

Mr. Microscope

!!!!! :)

Please excuse the horrible glare/reflections off the tank. The light on the tank isn't on for the day yet and the sun is beating in my living room window. I found them both out and about when I came out into my living room this morning. Once I started moving around in the living room, the both went back into hiding in the rocks, but this is progress! Good to see they were both right by each other and not fighting. Let's hope they continue on that way! Btw, the sheen on the purple on in person is just amazing. He's shimmery :)

They are sooo fast LOL.

It's about 3pm :).

Archived