ReefCleaners.org

Diver's Paradise: The Sequel (Vacation Pics pg. 48!)

Felicia

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So in the last thread you mentioned something about a lot of diving pictures .... :naughtydance:

Did you ever post those?

I got super busy and never got around to posting those. I need to do that! Maybe this weekend :)

Here you go. Just get this one:

0314141-325.jpg

It's only $4K. Free shipping too.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=220735

I saw that! I seriously wonder who is willing to spend $4K on a fish. I would have a meltdown worrying about that fish dying.

flame angel ftw!

Flame angels seem to be more likely to nip at corals and clams from what I've read than the coral beauties. Also, they're supposed to be more aggressive.

Those of you that picked "Some other colorful open water swimmer" in the poll, what fish were you thinking of?

I got super busy and never got around to posting those. I need to do that! Maybe this weekend :)

I saw that! I seriously wonder who is willing to spend $4K on a fish. I would have a meltdown worrying about that fish dying.

Flame angels seem to be more likely to nip at corals and clams from what I've read than the coral beauties. Also, they're supposed to be more aggressive.

Those of you that picked "Some other colorful open water swimmer" in the poll, what fish were you thinking of?

candy basslet B)

candy basslet B)

Ok, keep in mind that the fish options need to fit my budget ($50 or less) and need to be acceptable for my aquarium size (30 g) and with my other fish (YWG, orange firefish, yellow coris wrasse, Darwin and orange ocellaris clowns). :D

Btw, this is a horrible photo that my friend took, but here are my new clowns. I'll probably go pick them up from him this weekend. The Darwin is a misbar, which I think is kind of fun :)

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/IMG_3529.jpg.html'>IMG_3529.jpg

Ok, keep in mind that the fish options need to fit my budget ($50 or less) and need to be acceptable for my aquarium size (30 g) and with my other fish (YWG, orange firefish, yellow coris wrasse, Darwin and orange ocellaris clowns). :D

Btw, this is a horrible photo that my friend took, but here are my new clowns. I'll probably go pick them up from him this weekend. The Darwin is a misbar, which I think is kind of fun :)

IMG_3529.jpg

misbars are beautiful as adults! wish i picked one up a long time ago, my set of clowns seem to live forever and i want a misbar!

also candy basslet is great in a 30g. just a little out of price range. i would say realistically Swiss guard basslet but they are pricey too. i just picked one up for my tank and the color is amazing. the down side is they are really ich prone and only come out to eat.

IMO a great fish for this tank, springers damsel!

misbars are beautiful as adults! wish i picked one up a long time ago, my set of clowns seem to live forever and i want a misbar!

also candy basslet is great in a 30g. just a little out of price range. i would say realistically Swiss guard basslet but they are pricey too. i just picked one up for my tank and the color is amazing. the down side is they are really ich prone and only come out to eat.

IMO a great fish for this tank, springers damsel!

I think misbars are super quirky and cool. I'm excited to pick up this pair this weekend.

The basslets are pretty fish, but oddly they just don't thrill me that much. I'm a bit picky I guess. I just love angels and wish they weren't so risky in a reef tank. I just love their body shape compared to other fish that fit in nanos. Also, I want something outgoing that won't hide all the time. I love my YWG and firefish, but they are so shy!

My only worry with damsels is they're so aggressive and might beat up on my shy YWG and firefish. I need something chill so those two will at least come out sometimes and won't get beat up on.

I think misbars are super quirky and cool. I'm excited to pick up this pair this weekend.

The basslets are pretty fish, but oddly they just don't thrill me that much. I'm a bit picky I guess. I just love angels and wish they weren't so risky in a reef tank. I just love their body shape compared to other fish that fit in nanos. Also, I want something outgoing that won't hide all the time. I love my YWG and firefish, but they are so shy!

My only worry with damsels is they're so aggressive and might beat up on my shy YWG and firefish. I need something chill so those two will at least come out sometimes and won't get beat up on.

midnight and lemon peel are great angels too. i know midnights are solid black but that is kinda cool in a reef tank (sucker for solid black fish and coral)

and look into the springers, they are totally different from any other damsel you could ever think of. very calm and collective more like a true reef fish. there is a great hype on google about them. it being in the damsel family really makes it over looked and underrated for the beautie it truly has

midnight and lemon peel are great angels too. i know midnights are solid black but that is kinda cool in a reef tank (sucker for solid black fish and coral)

and look into the springers, they are totally different from any other damsel you could ever think of. very calm and collective more like a true reef fish. there is a great hype on google about them. it being in the damsel family really makes it over looked and underrated for the beautie it truly has

I want a bright color, so as cool as midnights are, those are out. I love the look of lemonpeels, but they're supposed to be one of the worst angels for nipping corals and clams. Its too bad since they're so pretty! At least I have my pop of yellow now with the coris wrasse.

I'll definitely put a springeri on my consideration list! I'll have to weigh all my options and make a decision. I'm so torn! Whatever I pick, I plan on adding it last, so I've got a bit. The clowns will go in this weekend and I'll give them a week to settle in and for the bacteria population in the tank to catch up to the bioload. Then I'll do the big transfer of everything from the holding tank into the new set-up. After that settles in for a couple weeks, then I'll be replacing the angel.

Those clowns look great! Can't wait to see a good picture of them :).

I am awful at getting decent fish photos, but I think I can do better than that. Or if not, I'll take a nice video of them once they're settled into the tank :) The male looks like such a tiny little thing! So cute!

I am awful at getting decent fish photos, but I think I can do better than that. Or if not, I'll take a nice video of them once they're settled into the tank :) The male looks like such a tiny little thing! So cute!

He does look tiny :).

You still have the neon, right? Which fish are left?

I want a bright color, so as cool as midnights are, those are out. I love the look of lemonpeels, but they're supposed to be one of the worst angels for nipping corals and clams. Its too bad since they're so pretty! At least I have my pop of yellow now with the coris wrasse.

I'll definitely put a springeri on my consideration list! I'll have to weigh all my options and make a decision. I'm so torn! Whatever I pick, I plan on adding it last, so I've got a bit. The clowns will go in this weekend and I'll give them a week to settle in and for the bacteria population in the tank to catch up to the bioload. Then I'll do the big transfer of everything from the holding tank into the new set-up. After that settles in for a couple weeks, then I'll be replacing the angel.

agreed if you get a springer it should go in last. with being a smaller tank gives me slight worry about "territorialness" of them.

another great angel is a cherub! i had one. amazing little fish

He does look tiny :).

You still have the neon, right? Which fish are left?

I haven't seen the neon in a couple days, but he does that so I think he's probably just fine. He tends to vanish for a few days and freak me out and then reappear suddenly. I have the YWG, the orange firefish, and the yellow coris and then probably the neon goby.

agreed if you get a springer it should go in last. with being a smaller tank gives me slight worry about "territorialness" of them.

another great angel is a cherub! i had one. amazing little fish

Yep, a cherub is a good idea too. They're just so tiny! I wanted something a bit bigger, but I'll consider one of those too.

This is an interesting article on the different dwarf angels. Honestly, from reading it, it sounds like a coral beauty is my safest bet on the dwarf angel front.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2007-09/jf/

I haven't seen the neon in a couple days, but he does that so I think he's probably just fine. He tends to vanish for a few days and freak me out and then reappear suddenly. I have the YWG, the orange firefish, and the yellow coris and then probably the neon goby.

Yep, a cherub is a good idea too. They're just so tiny! I wanted something a bit bigger, but I'll consider one of those too.

This is an interesting article on the different dwarf angels. Honestly, from reading it, it sounds like a coral beauty is my safest bet on the dwarf angel front.

http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2007-09/jf/

tiny ones are the cutest and produce less bioload :)

of course coral beauty is amazing all in itself. the dwarf angel family is amazing! not one ugly one.

tiny ones are the cutest and produce less bioload :)

of course coral beauty is amazing all in itself. the dwarf angel family is amazing! not one ugly one.

I just need my one big colorful fish! I'd love to have huge angels, but I have a nano tank, so I stick to the right sized fish, but I need one decent sized, colorful, open water swimmer in there!

I just need my one big colorful fish! I'd love to have huge angels, but I have a nano tank, so I stick to the right sized fish, but I need one decent sized, colorful, open water swimmer in there!

once you get the clowns that will be fulfilled though.

1.) never stop swimming

2.) their color is awesome

3.) personality is amazing and they bond to you

i can give 1000 more supporting points but i dont think you would want to sit there and read them all lol

once you get the clowns that will be fulfilled though.

1.) never stop swimming

2.) their color is awesome

3.) personality is amazing and they bond to you

i can give 1000 more supporting points but i dont think you would want to sit there and read them all lol

I love clowns! I think the issue though is that they pick a spot to host and they just hover in that area. My coral beauty was always making laps of the tank, which is fun to watch. I like having a mix of fish with different swimming patterns. My YWG sits at his burrow. The firefish flits in and out of the rocks. The clownfish hover around their host spot. I need something like and angel or a tang that swims the whole tank instead of having only one territory area.

I love clowns! I think the issue though is that they pick a spot to host and they just hover in that area. My coral beauty was always making laps of the tank, which is fun to watch. I like having a mix of fish with different swimming patterns. My YWG sits at his burrow. The firefish flits in and out of the rocks. The clownfish hover around their host spot. I need something like and angel or a tang that swims the whole tank instead of having only one territory area.

are these ORA or tank raised?

mine are ORA and they go everywhere all the time. they never host anything expect maybe my most expensive zoas just to make me mad then they venture off

are these ORA or tank raised?

mine are ORA and they go everywhere all the time. they never host anything expect maybe my most expensive zoas just to make me mad then they venture off

The ones I had up until recently were both tank bred. One was Sustainable Aquatics and I'm not positive what breeder the Darwin was from. The new ones I'm getting are from a friend in the local reef club who breeds clowns. They do swim about a lot until they host, but once they host, the mostly hang out in that one area. Mine would venture about on occasion, but they mostly stayed in their territory.

The ones I had up until recently were both tank bred. One was Sustainable Aquatics and I'm not positive what breeder the Darwin was from. The new ones I'm getting are from a friend in the local reef club who breeds clowns. They do swim about a lot until they host, but once they host, the mostly hang out in that one area. Mine would venture about on occasion, but they mostly stayed in their territory.

i guess it's weird that my clowns do really host anything then..

Clowns can be weird. People have a hard time getting them to host the anemones that they should host. :)

Ok, so what do you guys think of a McCosker's Flasher Wrasse as an option? They're pretty and colorful, open water swimmers, easy to care for, and ok in my size tank. They're also supposed to be peaceful and should be fine with my yellow coris wrasse. I'd just get one nice colorful male.

They will eventually. Sometimes it takes them a while to find a coral they like.

Clowns can be weird. People have a hard time getting them to host the anemones that they should host. :)

Ok, so what do you guys think of a McCosker's Flasher Wrasse as an option? They're pretty and colorful, open water swimmers, easy to care for, and ok in my size tank. They're also supposed to be peaceful and should be fine with my yellow coris wrasse. I'd just get one nice colorful male.

Sounds like a great choice, by your description!

Archived