ReefCleaners.org

Diver's Paradise: The Sequel (Vacation Pics pg. 48!)

Felicia

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

UUUUUGGGGHHH! Seriously, I would like to know what I did to the reef gods to piss them off recently? I checked on the holding tank this morning and everything was fine. I just went in my kitchen to fix some dinner and noticed that Johnny (my black and white oscellaris) is dead on the bottom of the tank. I've had him for two years and I want to cry! Poor June! I started looking at the other fish to try to figure out what is going on and my fish are COATED in ich! What on earth?! Its not like I added a new fish. June is covered and so is the coral beauty and my neon goby. My coris wrasse looks fine and my YWG and orange firefish are hiding, so no idea on those two. I am seriously not having a good time with this hobby right now...trying to decide what to do about this. I don't have a tank big enough to treat them all in for ich. I don't even think I could catch any of them without pulling every bit of rock and coral out of the holding tank. I guess I'll be doing a large water change tonight instead of working on the scape and hoping for the best...seriously...so upset right now. I am going to cry if I lose June and my coral beauty.

:( Fish have been on my mind a lot lately. Too much bad fish news lately. I'm sooooooo sorry Felicia. I hope you can save the others. Sending you good vibes.....

Lily is to damn cute!!

Ohmigod Felicia, this is not how the day was supposed to end. How miserable losing your clown of two years :( I'll send good vibes on the rest of your fishes pulling through! So bummed to hear this. Stay focused on the silver lining, new tank, new tank , new tank. Maybe you could move only the coral over when the new tanks ready and leave the fish in this temp holding tank and treat them there if needed.

dixie reefer

Loving the new coral and the new scape! Sorry to hear about your fish though. I also have some bad fish news, just found my pinkbar goby behind the tank :(

Oh no! Sorry to hear about your clownfish :(

I know it's a bit of a drive for you, but it you really don't have the space, you can bring some of the fish to Baja. I can hold them there until you have a place to put them, or until they get better. They can have a vacation in one of our medicated systems, or our quarantine system :)

I know it's a bit of a drive for you, but it you really don't have the space, you can bring some of the fish to Baja. I can hold them there until you have a place to put them, or until they get better. They can have a vacation in one of our medicated systems, or our quarantine system :)

Wow! That's awesome!!

This is awesome!!!!!

Thanks so much Christina! You're so kind. Unfortunately, I don't think I could catch the fish to get them out of the tank at this point without pulling out every single coral and live rock. I really don't have anywhere to even put all the coral while I'm catching the fish. I also don't know if the stress of catching them and then a 40 minute drive in a bucket might kill them at this point. They look pretty bad. I'll keep you posted though if I decide to try to catch them.

June looks the worst and I have a JBJ picotope (3 gallon) on hand, so I set that up so I could at least put her in there with some medicine. I figured as bad as she's looking and as chill as she usually is anyway, that she'd be easy to net. Yeah, not so much. She's still healthy enough to get the heck away from that net. I'm doing a water change and I'll feed some food with garlic and hope for the best. I've had plenty of fish fight off ich on their own, so I hope my fish can pull through. I'm just still so upset about losing Johnny after 2 years. I really don't want to lose any of the others. I'll keep you all posted!

In the meantime...let's just look at the adorable photo of Lily and not think about fish!

Mr. Microscope

So sorry to hear about your poor fish.

I used one of these to catch a problem wrasse.

http://premiumaquatics.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PA&Product_Code=RG-ACM&Category_Code=

You just set it up vertically and wait for the fish to swim in it (bait it with some cyclope-eze or something), then drop the door. It may take an evening to catch them all, but you wouldn't have to disassemble the tank.

Also, I'll bet if you put out a desperate plee on your local reefing forum, that someone would have a spare tank laying around that you could either have for extremely cheap or free. They might even have one laying around that they've already used for treatment that they don't want to use for anything else and is just taking up space.

Good luck. I hope the tide turns for you.

BTW, love that cat! :)

http://premiumaquatics.com/store/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=PA&Product_Code=RG-ACM&Category_Code=

You just set it up vertically and wait for the fish to swim in it (bait it with some cyclope-eze or something), then drop the door. It may take an evening to catch them all, but you wouldn't have to disassemble the tank.

That looks pretty handy dandy to have on hand :). I'm putting that on my wish list!

Thanks so much Christina! You're so kind. Unfortunately, I don't think I could catch the fish to get them out of the tank at this point without pulling out every single coral and live rock. I really don't have anywhere to even put all the coral while I'm catching the fish. I also don't know if the stress of catching them and then a 40 minute drive in a bucket might kill them at this point. They look pretty bad. I'll keep you posted though if I decide to try to catch them.

June looks the worst and I have a JBJ picotope (3 gallon) on hand, so I set that up so I could at least put her in there with some medicine. I figured as bad as she's looking and as chill as she usually is anyway, that she'd be easy to net. Yeah, not so much. She's still healthy enough to get the heck away from that net. I'm doing a water change and I'll feed some food with garlic and hope for the best. I've had plenty of fish fight off ich on their own, so I hope my fish can pull through. I'm just still so upset about losing Johnny after 2 years. I really don't want to lose any of the others. I'll keep you all posted!

In the meantime...let's just look at the adorable photo of Lily and not think about fish!

I hope they pull through :) Let me know if you need anything, or if there's anything I can do to help, you'll have all the resources of a LFS if you need it

Lily is so fluffy!! :3

So sorry to hear about your poor fish.

Also, I'll bet if you put out a desperate plee on your local reefing forum, that someone would have a spare tank laying around that you could either have for extremely cheap or free. They might even have one laying around that they've already used for treatment that they don't want to use for anything else and is just taking up space.

Good luck. I hope the tide turns for you.

BTW, love that cat! :)

I hope they pull through :) Let me know if you need anything, or if there's anything I can do to help, you'll have all the resources of a LFS if you need it

Lily is so fluffy!! :3

Thanks for the help guys! You're all so awesome! All the remaining fish are still alive today and seem to be hanging in there, so I think I'm just going to feed garlic soaked food and do frequent water changes and see if they can kick the ich on their own. I think that's the best route at this point since I don't have a trap on hand. I'll keep you all posted on how they're doing or if I decide I have to get them out and treat them.

I got the scape all epoxied together tonight and the sand is in the tank, but of course now its a giant cloudy mess. Once that all settles, then I'll get a photo up for you guys.

I'm glad everyone enjoys the Lily photos. Here are a few more for you guys!

Chillin'

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo5-8.jpg.html'>photo5-8.jpg

I was folding laundry and Lily decided to hang out in a bag.

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo6-6.jpg.html'>photo6-6.jpg

Hello!

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo7-5.jpg.html'>photo7-5.jpg

Mr. Microscope

Chillin'

photo5-8.jpg

"oh, you just got up for a second to go the food room? I'll take that warm spot for you. No, I'll keep it. You find somewhere else to sit now."

I was folding laundry and Lily decided to hang out in a bag.

photo6-6.jpg

bagohol

"oh, you just got up for a second to go the food room? I'll take that warm spot for you. No, I'll keep it. You find somewhere else to sit now."bagohol

b00c0d70-f799-4f53-88c8-d32631a97bda_zps

Your guys' captions seriously made me laugh! Looks like I need to put Lily up on Icanhascheezburger :lol:

In sad news, June is almost dead. She was laying on the bottom of the tank when I left this morning and she's way too far gone to save at this point. She was looking a bit better yesterday, but she must have taken a turn for the worse during the night. Luckily the coral beauty and the neon goby look a bit better and the YWG, coris wrasse, and firefish all seem to be unaffected. Hopefully June is the last to go and the other fish will continue to look better. I HATE ich!

b00c0d70-f799-4f53-88c8-d32631a97bda_zps

LOL Sexy! :D

Your guys' captions seriously made me laugh! Looks like I need to put Lily up on Icanhascheezburger :lol:

In sad news, June is almost dead. She was laying on the bottom of the tank when I left this morning and she's way too far gone to save at this point. She was looking a bit better yesterday, but she must have taken a turn for the worse during the night. Luckily the coral beauty and the neon goby look a bit better and the YWG, coris wrasse, and firefish all seem to be unaffected. Hopefully June is the last to go and the other fish will continue to look better. I HATE ich!

I've been wondering how they are doing :(. Poor June. I hate hearing about fish deaths. Thank goodness the others are hanging in!!!!! :grouphug:

dixie reefer

So sorry to hear about June :( ich sucks big time! I dealt with it once and had to catch and qt everything and leave the tank fallow. Needless to say, I learned my lesson and qt all new fish (except the seahorses) before they go into the main tanks.

On a side note: Lily is so adorable!

Archived