Top Shelf Aquatics

Diver's Paradise: The Sequel (Vacation Pics pg. 48!)

Felicia

Hey! I was only gone for like 6 days this time around. That's not too bad for me. Plus the last time I posted photos was only a week ago :) Unfortunately, school/work has gotten crazy recently.

I sent all of my BTAs to my brother in Texas. The big pink one split and wouldn't stop moving and even floated to the monticap rocks so I had to ban them all :lol:.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr. Microscope

I sent all of my BTAs to my brother in Texas. The big pink one split and wouldn't stop moving and even floated to the monticap rocks so I had to ban them all :lol:.

Where's his thread?

Beautiful tank Felicia! Looks waaaay bigger than 30 gallons (I had to go back to the specs on the first page to check) :lol:

What A/B ratio on your lights are you running?

Where's his thread?

Buried somewhere :lol:. He hasn't been on here in months! Too busy with other things. There's a picture of the anemones in his tank, in my cube thread though :).

I saw that! I've been lurking on my phone when I have a spare moment, but I just hadn't had time to sit down and post. I commented on your thread tonight finally :)

perhaps you can bless us with some fotos of the sump and setup? :D

Here's a video I took a while back of all the equipment on my tank. :)

Beautiful tank Felicia! Looks waaaay bigger than 30 gallons (I had to go back to the specs on the first page to check) :lol:

What A/B ratio on your lights are you running?

Thank you! I love the dimensions. Being long and narrow makes it look so much bigger than it really is.

I have my Maxspect on 70% blue and 50% white right now. I'm still working on getting the exact right setting though.

I participated in the VIP Reef rock flower anemone group buy that keydiver set up. I organized a bunch of people in my local club so we ended up getting 35 anemones delivered today. I picked up the box and distributed the anemones to all the members of my local club. I was like a kid on Christmas unpacking 35 anemones! I loved seeing all the crazy colors and patterns in person. I purchased 3 for myself and it was so heard to decide which ones I wanted with so many options! Here are some fun photos I took today of the anemones!

Picking up the box from Fedex. It got to ride in style! Yes, I have a moped :)
photo22-2.jpg
Got the box home safely!
photo23-3.jpg
Lily had to inspect everything as usual. Then she decided to lay down and watch the whole process.
photo21-2.jpg
photo20-3.jpg
photo17-3.jpg
Repacking the anemones into deli containers for my local club members.
photo18-1.jpg
Tons of beautiful anemones!
photo-18.jpg
photo15-5.jpg
photo14-5.jpg
photo13-3.jpg
photo9-9.jpg
photo8-9.jpg
photo6-12.jpg
photo2-19.jpg
photo3-20.jpg
photo1-19.jpg
photo5-15.jpg
And here are my 3 settled into my tank. The solid orange/red one, the bright orange with green tentacles, and the pink and light blue striped ones are my new ones. The rainbow one and the bright green one are from a past order with VIP Reef.
photo24-2.jpg
And here are some shots of my 3 when they first came out of the box.
photo12-3.jpg
photo11-5.jpg
photo4-20.jpg

Oh your a plumbing master :) excellent! Nice scooter..wheee! You guys have access to such beautiful livestock. :bowdown:

I'm definitely no plumbing master. This is a super simple set-up with just flex tubing. Very easy :) But thank you! Yeah I guess you guys don't get as much up in Canada? We don't see too many rock anemones in California, but we were able to order these from a vendor in Florida.

Those nems! :wub:

I know, right? This is why I'm so addicted to them :lol:

Holy Bananas! Thatsalotta nems!

:o:)

Yes! It was insane getting to see that many rock flower anemones in person! Sadly only 3 of them were mine.

Cameron6796

We get some good stuff in Canada ... It just goes quick. We also have few real aquaculture facilities or collection companies... Which is obvious and not many places like ora or liveaquaria ship to Canada due to foreign animal laws etc. the lfs have to get licenses etc. but we have awesome flower nems. It's all about season and timing up here there are time when my lfs (s) have nothin good and times when they have everything.

Nice nems! It looks like they all shipped very well. They look healthy.

They are apparently very hardy shippers compared to other anemones. Every single one of the 35 showed up in great shape. Tim (keydiver) did an awesome job getting that many anemones shipped safely.

We get some good stuff in Canada ... It just goes quick. We also have few real aquaculture facilities or collection companies... Which is obvious and not many places like ora or liveaquaria ship to Canada due to foreign animal laws etc. the lfs have to get licenses etc. but we have awesome flower nems. It's all about season and timing up here there are time when my lfs (s) have nothin good and times when they have everything.

Yes we do actually, much better than a few years ago. Canada Corals and locally Raging Reef, but you got to be there and be lucky. For me Raging Reef is a 30 minute drive through traffic and it frustrates the crap out of me. I may try Arc En Ciel in the south shore tho.. I doubt I will see those quality anenome's as Felicia has though.

How do you acclimate them?

I usually just float the containers for about 15 minutes and then stick them in the tank. No drip acclimation required :)

Yes we do actually, much better than a few years ago. Canada Corals and locally Raging Reef, but you got to be there and be lucky. For me Raging Reef is a 30 minute drive through traffic and it frustrates the crap out of me. I may try Arc En Ciel in the south shore tho.. I doubt I will see those quality anenome's as Felicia has though.

My nearest decent LFS is about a 35 minute drive without traffic, and there's ALWAYS traffic in the Bay Area so I'm with you on how frustrating that is. At least you have some decent stores that aren't too far away.

20.gif Some serious Hotness going on in here!!

:D

I usually just float the containers for about 15 minutes and then stick them in the tank. No drip acclimation required :)

I love it when they're easy peasy :lol:

RFA now on my stocking list.

Ok, so I just got back from a crazy loop of the bay to hit up all the LFS. I had to deliver posters and fliers for our local club's upcoming frag swap. I managed to get a bit of shopping in too, of course! It made for a long day though considering I hit 6 stores and drove over 100 miles total.

The purchase I'm most excited about is my new little horseshoe crab! Cutest thing ever. He's drip acclimating atm. Apparently, they're peaceful, reef safe, and scurry around eating leftover food and such off the sandbed. They also burrow down into the sand to hide and sleep. I had a weird obsession with horseshoe crabs when I was young after I got to hold one at a marine park, so I was super excited to see little ones at one of the stores.

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo25-2.jpg.html'>photo25-2.jpg

The store that had the horseshoe crab also had a pregnant stingray. So cool! You could actually see the baby stingrays moving about inside the pregnant stingray. Look how big she is!

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo26-3.jpg.html'>photo26-3.jpg

That same store also had literally 60+ blue spot jawfish in stock. All looking super healthy and eating frozen mysis. They were on sale for $69. I resisted the urge to buy one :)

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo27-2.jpg.html'>photo27-2.jpg

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo28-2.jpg.html'>photo28-2.jpg

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo29-1.jpg.html'>photo29-1.jpg

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo30-1.jpg.html'>photo30-1.jpg

Please tell me you didn't actually get a horseshoe crab lol

I did! Its tiny. Yes, I know it will eventually get huge but they grow slowly. I figure I'll keep him for a while and then give him back to the store. They're just too fun to watch :)

Cameron6796

How big of a tank would it need when fully grown.

Why favourite lfs is a five to ten min walk from my house.

Lovely anemones and a beautiful tank! I'm jumping back into the hobby soon and you're giving me so much inspiration! :)

jedimasterben

How big of a tank would it need when fully grown.

Orders of magnitude larger than most home hobbyists. Their shell gets around a foot and with their tail around two feet. They may be scavengers, but at the rate they grow, in a small tank they can't be.

Archived