SaltCritters.com

Diver's Paradise: The Sequel (Vacation Pics pg. 48!)

Felicia

Wow, so many pichurs Felicia. The tank really is looking amazing. I want to try and recreate your LPS tower in my tank to cram with SPS :P .

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

NEW PAGE QUOTE! :D

I went a little overboard taking photos of the tank tonight, so be prepared for photo overload! I'm also working on a video that I'll post as soon as its done.

Ok, so let's start with the FTS's.

FTS 7/7/14

IMG_8182.jpg

IMG_8196.jpg

IMG_8300.jpg

Left Side

IMG_8151.jpg

Middle

IMG_8314.jpg

Right Side

IMG_8161-1.jpg

Alright, now for some coral shots!

Symphyllia Brain

IMG_8051.jpg

Rock Flower Anemones

IMG_8058.jpg

IMG_8062.jpg

Elegance

IMG_8065.jpg

IMG_8067.jpg

Duncan

IMG_8086.jpg

Acans

IMG_8092.jpg

Dendros

IMG_8102.jpg

Tube Anemones

IMG_8108.jpg

Wall Hammer

IMG_8184.jpg

Euphyllia Island

IMG_8190.jpg

IMG_8113.jpg

And finally, the tank inhabitants!

Flasher Wrasse

IMG_8449.jpg

IMG_8453.jpg

Yellow Watchman Goby and Orange Firefish

IMG_8468.jpg

Yellow Watchman Goby

IMG_8484.jpg

Clownfish

IMG_8082.jpg

IMG_8292.jpg

Yellow Coris Wrasse and Leopard Wrasse

IMG_8404.jpg

Yellow Coris Wrasse and Yellow Candy Hogfish

IMG_8352.jpg

Yellow Candy Hogfish

IMG_8373.jpg

Leopard Wrasse

IMG_8441.jpg

IMG_8340.jpg

IMG_8341.jpg

Cleaner Shrimp

IMG_8089.jpg

Sexy Shrimp

IMG_8166.jpg

Video Time!!!

No such thing as too many pictures..

Mr. Microscope

Awesome update Felicia! 'Enjoyed the video as well. It really got me thinking that I should start researching leopard wrasses. I love how they swim. Might have to invest in one of those some day. Yours looks fairly docile. Do you know if they get aggressive as they age?

BTW, how'd you pan so smoothly while shooting the euphyllia garden?

Wow, so many pichurs Felicia. The tank really is looking amazing. I want to try and recreate your LPS tower in my tank to cram with SPS :P .

I've been slacking on my NR updates, so I figured I'd overload you all with photos. Should tide everyone over for a bit, right? :lol: An SPS tower would look awesome! Just more maintenance :) I got the idea from Mr. M and changed it to a tower crammed with euphyllia instead of crammed with BTAs.

Wow, your leopard is so teeny!! Beautiful tank, as always!

Yeah, the leopard is pretty tiny and adorable, although the new candy hog is actually even smaller. Its good though because they can both get up to like 5" long, but hopefully that will take them a long time! Thank you! :)

NEW PAGE QUOTE! :D

No such thing as too many pictures..

Thanks for quoting everything over!

Good! I figured as much ;)

Awesome update Felicia! 'Enjoyed the video as well. It really got me thinking that I should start researching leopard wrasses. I love how they swim. Might have to invest in one of those some day. Yours looks fairly docile. Do you know if they get aggressive as they age?

BTW, how'd you pan so smoothly while shooting the euphyllia garden?

Thank you, Eric! Honestly, I would highly recommend a leopard wrasse to anyone. She's my absolute favorite fish right now. They're supposed to be very peaceful even when full grown. I know Zia has a much larger/older one and his is also very docile. Luckily though, even though they're peaceful, they don't seem to be super shy. My firefish is peaceful but hides most of the time. However, my leopard wrasse is always out and about and she's not even phased if I stick my hands in the tank. Also, she's a spunky little thing, and although she doesn't bully any other fish, she also won't take any bullying. She'll stand up for herself if the coris wrasse nips at her or something. Definitely a great fish!

I took the video with my iphone, so I just had the iphone pressed all the way up against the glass and then just slid it along. I was surprised how smooth it turned out!

Looks awesome! Those tube anemones are really cool too. I'm thinking about the leopard wrasse again :lol:. One of those and a blue damsel that Ben recommended, Springeri or something like that. Have to do some research. If I do I'll order them from the Drs.

Looks awesome! Those tube anemones are really cool too. I'm thinking about the leopard wrasse again :lol:. One of those and a blue damsel that Ben recommended, Springeri or something like that. Have to do some research. If I do I'll order them from the Drs.

Thanks, Gena! I love the tube anemones. They're so easy and its nice they can be in the shade from that pillar.

I love my leopard wrasse, so I definitely recommend one. I've heard good things about Springeri Damsels too :) Although, I have heard they can get aggressive, which would worry me with some of your docile fish. Here's what Live Aquaria says:

Like many of the other damselfish within the Chrysiptera genus, it can become aggressive towards slower moving tank mates. Be sure the aquarium has plenty of live rock for territories and hiding.

The Blue Sapphire Damselfish is hardy and is a good fish for beginners. They also make an ideal companion fish for a saltwater aquarium of over 30 gallons, and are safe with corals and invertebrates. As the fish matures it may become aggressive, causing problems with the selection of other species of fish added to the aquarium. If keeping with other damselfish, provide plenty of live rock with multiple hiding places to break up territories and decrease aggression.

Thanks, Gena! I love the tube anemones. They're so easy and its nice they can be in the shade from that pillar.

I love my leopard wrasse, so I definitely recommend one. I've heard good things about Springeri Damsels too :) Although, I have heard they can get aggressive, which would worry me with some of your docile fish. Here's what Live Aquaria says:

Yeah, that's why I was going to research them heavily before I make any decisions. If I find even one complaint about aggressiveness, I won't buy one. Thanks for the info!

Yeah, that's why I was going to research them heavily before I make any decisions. If I find even one complaint about aggressiveness, I won't buy one. Thanks for the info!

It seems like every fish has a drawback. And a lot of it comes down to luck with the specific fish you get because even within the same species they can have very different temperaments.

This aquarium is outrageous :wub: Everytime i see it, i have to remember that's it's less than five months old :huh:

Everytime i open this this thread

682875.gif

In other breaking newz ~ She killed Lily y'all :o

lily_zpsd0dc4eaa.jpg

I just booked my flight to MACNA! Woohoo! So excited! :) Who else is going?

This aquarium is outrageous :wub: Everytime i see it, i have to remember that's it's less than five months old :huh:

Everytime i open this this thread

In other breaking newz ~ She killed Lily y'all :o

Thank you :) I like that gif! And NO I did not kill Lily. Lily is just fine.

It seems like every fish has a drawback. And a lot of it comes down to luck with the specific fish you get because even within the same species they can have very different temperaments.

I was at my LFS today. Got another orange FF. I asked him about the leopard wrasse and he told me it wouldn't get along with my pink-streaked wrasse! What do you think? I know you guys are keeping multiple wrasses in your tanks. I love my PSW and would hate for something to happen to him.

I was at my LFS today. Got another orange FF. I asked him about the leopard wrasse and he told me it wouldn't get along with my pink-streaked wrasse! What do you think? I know you guys are keeping multiple wrasses in your tanks. I love my PSW and would hate for something to happen to him.

Honestly, I have no idea why he'd say that. Mine is not aggressive at all. If one of the other wrasses nips at her, then she'll nip back but that's it. Flasher wrasses are SUPER peaceful and can be very easily bullied from what I read and she NEVER bothers mine. From everything I've read, leopards are supposed to be very docile wrasses.

My new light is here!!! omgomgomg:happydance:

I've got it sitting on its legs on the tank temporarily, but I don't really love the look of the legs, so I'm going to hang it from the ceiling. Also, the fixture sits too low on the legs and I'm not getting the full 3 feet of spread I need for the tank. I just need to raise it up a bit and it will be great. Plus that makes tank maintenance so much easier when its not sitting down on the tank :)

I love getting reef packages!

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo-16.jpg.html'>photo-16.jpg

The official box inspector hard at work. She takes her job very seriously.

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo2-17.jpg.html'>photo2-17.jpg

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo3-18.jpg.html'>photo3-18.jpg

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo1-17.jpg.html'>photo1-17.jpg

"So what is this thing anyway?"

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo5-14.jpg.html'>photo5-14.jpg

"You've got to be kidding me! Its another reef toy isn't it?"

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo4-19.jpg.html'>photo4-19.jpg

Sitting on the tank with the old light still turned on.

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo6-11.jpg.html'>photo6-11.jpg

Turned the old light off and turned on the new one! This is only at 25% on each channel.

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo7-8.jpg.html'>photo7-8.jpg

I had to run to the tool lending library to get a ladder and then to the hardware store to get hooks and such. I'm about to get to work on hanging it now. Here's a nice photo of a ladder in the backseat of my car :)

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo8-8.jpg.html'>photo8-8.jpg

Alright! Its hanging! I still have some cleanup to do...patching old screw holes in the wall, cleaning up the drywall dust mess I made drilling, etc. But its hanging and I'll get to that stuff tomorrow :)

Ignore the weird white patch on the wall behind the tank. That's spackle to repair where I yanked off some drywall when I pulled off the cord hider for the old fixture. I'm going to paint that tomorrow to match again. Also, I'm still trying to decide on the exact right height for the light, so I just have the excess wire from the hanging kit hanging down behind the light. I'll cut those off or something once I decide on the height.

Work in progress.

Workinprogress.jpg

Lightabovetank.jpg

Lighthanging.jpg

I used two of these hooks for the hanging kit.

Hook.jpg

Is it me or is it slightly lopsided? DW, just my OCD kicking in :D. Looks great hung.

Oh I am SO OCD. Trust me, its level. I used a level and everything. I just apparently can't take a straight photo, so its the photo thats crooked and not the light. Don't know how the photo made it look so lopsided in relation to the tank. Weird.

Thanks! Its super sleek and I really like the quality of the hanging kit that comes with it! I'm really happy with the look!

Mr. Microscope

Cool cool!!! Congrats on MACNA! That should be amazing. Wish I could attend. Maybe some year.

Your new light looks really cool. How does it compare to your last light in intensity? I'm assuming you're starting off pretty low(?).

Cool cool!!! Congrats on MACNA! That should be amazing. Wish I could attend. Maybe some year.

Your new light looks really cool. How does it compare to your last light in intensity? I'm assuming you're starting off pretty low(?).

I'm super excited! Luckily flights to Denver from here aren't too expensive and the timing worked out well. I'm really glad I get to go. I'll take tons of photos for you guys!

I really love the look of it. I honestly haven't turned it up much yet to compare because I'm afraid of frying things. I only have it on 30% for now. Its 160 watts of Cree LEDs, whereas my old fixture was 106 watts of Bridgelux LEDs, so its quite a bit more powerful. I'm just going to slowly increase it by 5% at a time until I get it where I want it. I haven't worked on color balance between the channels yet either. I just have it set at 50-50 until everything acclimates and then I'll tune it to exactly what I want.

My rock flower anemones decided to eat my cleaner shrimp's latest molt.

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo-17.jpg.html'>photo-17.jpg

The new wall hammer is doing really well so far! I'm hoping it will continue to do well long term. Its been nice and puffy!

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo1-18.jpg.html'>photo1-18.jpg

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo2-18.jpg.html'>photo2-18.jpg

Fun shot of the small clown and BTAs.

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/photo3-19.jpg.html'>photo3-19.jpg

The new light looks awesome!!!!! I did the 5% every week and didn't lose anything. That was coming from T5's too. How do you like it so far?

Archived