inTank Media Baskets

Diver's Paradise: The Sequel (Vacation Pics pg. 48!)

Felicia

The leopard wrasse is out a lot???? If so, I'll go for one of those and a kole tang. I think I'll order them from Live Aquaria though so I know they most likely won't have parasites/ich. I've never had issues with their fish. I think getting from the LFS is more risky. I know Randi got her kole from LA, and it was perfect :).

The hogfish is very active!

My leopard wrasse is ALWAYS out. She doesn't even hide if I put my hands in the tank. She's never phased by anything. The only time I don't see her is when the lights are out, which is when she's sleeping down in the sand. As soon as the lights come on for the day, she pops up out of the sand and stays out in the open, swimming about, all day. Eddie has told me that his leopard is always out as well, so they don't seem too shy. They're very peaceful though, so you don't have to worry about them with your more shy fish.

A combo of the tang and wrasse would really add some movement to your tank! I think ordering the tang sounds good because of ich, but you may want to try to find a leopard wrasse locally. They're notoriously bad shippers, so it seems easier to pick one up locally that you know already arrived healthy and is doing well at the LFS. Also that way you can make sure you get one that eats well since they can be a tad picky. Granted, Eddie got his from Live Aquaria (I think) and his has done really well too.

The hogfish seems like she's going to be another colorful, active swimmer. She's still just shy. I haven't seen her since the lights came on.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Doesn't LA have a really long guarantee? Or maybe it's only a week? I'll have to look into it. I don't trust getting mine locally but we'll see :). What is the name of the leopard wrasse you have? Are there different varieties? Cuz I like yours the best :).

Doesn't LA have a really long guarantee? Or maybe it's only a week? I'll have to look into it. I don't trust getting mine locally but we'll see :). What is the name of the leopard wrasse you have? Are there different varieties? Cuz I like yours the best :).

That's true about the LA guarantee. I believe its 2 weeks. I think the issue is just that the leopard may die during shipping and you may have to try a few times. They just don't ship the best from what I've heard. I just have a standard leopard wrasse, which is the cheapest variety. Mine is a female. The males look completely different.

This variety is the kind I have:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1378+339&pcatid=339

That's true about the LA guarantee. I believe its 2 weeks. I think the issue is just that the leopard may die during shipping and you may have to try a few times. They just don't ship the best from what I've heard. I just have a standard leopard wrasse, which is the cheapest variety. Mine is a female. The males look completely different.

This variety is the kind I have:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1378+339&pcatid=339

I would want the female. Usually the males are better looking but in this case I think the females are cuter :). I'm tempted to order right now LOL. I'll see if they have the kole in stock :).

I would want the female. Usually the males are better looking but in this case I think the females are cuter :). I'm tempted to order right now LOL. I'll see if they have the kole in stock :).

They only have a medium kole right now :(.

Yeah, I like the females better. Eventually the females can turn into a male, but I believe it takes quite a while, especially if you start with a small one. Eddie's is much bigger than mine and its still a female. Do it! How big is the medium kole tang?

Did you see this tang they have on Divers Den right now? Has the same space requirements as a kole tang and is very pretty.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=230538

Yeah, I like the females better. Eventually the females can turn into a male, but I believe it takes quite a while, especially if you start with a small one. Eddie's is much bigger than mine and its still a female. Do it! How big is the medium kole tang?

Did you see this tang they have on Divers Den right now? Has the same space requirements as a kole tang and is very pretty.

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=230538

OMG...I think I might get a tomini tang instead!!!!! I was on youtube watching some videos about them, just now. They are adorable :). Hmmmmm....gonna watch a few more videos. They actually are smaller than a kole too. Thanks for the heads up :).

OMG...I think I might get a tomini tang instead!!!!! I was on youtube watching some videos about them, just now. They are adorable :). Hmmmmm....gonna watch a few more videos. They actually are smaller than a kole too. Thanks for the heads up :).

I figured I'd look at Diver's Den when you mentioned ordering from them and I thought the Tomini tangs were super cute. They've got 2 on Diver's Den right now. Definitely nice looking fish. I like their white tails and yellow on the fins.

I figured I'd look at Diver's Den when you mentioned ordering from them and I thought the Tomini tangs were super cute. They've got 2 on Diver's Den right now. Definitely nice looking fish. I like their white tails and yellow on the fins.

Same here. I love the yellow tang, but that's out of the question. The yellow on the Tomini is very nice though, plus that white tail. I'm going to see if my LFS down the street has those. He keeps them in copper so I might trust getting one from him. Maybe the leopard too, just to save on shipping cost.

Same here. I love the yellow tang, but that's out of the question. The yellow on the Tomini is very nice though, plus that white tail. I'm going to see if my LFS down the street has those. He keeps them in copper so I might trust getting one from him. Maybe the leopard too, just to save on shipping cost.

I've never really liked yellow tangs much for some reason. Maybe just because too many people have them. Checking with the LFS sounds like a good plan. I always hate paying the $50 shipping cost for things.

I've never really liked yellow tangs much for some reason. Maybe just because too many people have them. Checking with the LFS sounds like a good plan. I always hate paying the $50 shipping cost for things.

Same here on shipping cost. I think I'd only be willing to pay that amount with LA since they have such healthy fish. I may end up going through them. I'll find out this week :).

Same here on shipping cost. I think I'd only be willing to pay that amount with LA since they have such healthy fish. I may end up going through them. I'll find out this week :).

Awesome! Keep me posted. I'd love to see some open water swimming fish in your tank :)

Cameron6796

Wait how big is this tank. Lol love the music you have been using lately my parents got me into country

Wait how big is this tank. Lol love the music you have been using lately my parents got me into country

Only 30 gallons. I'm overstocked, I know, but I'm not having any issues. Its a 3 foot long tank so that works much better for these wrasses than a cube tank. They've got plenty of territory and swimming space.

Great new fish!

Love the recent cat pics. lol :)

Thanks, Eric! Hopefully I get to see the new hogfish out and about some today. I didn't see her before I left for work this morning, but it was super early and still really dark in the tank.

Yeah, Lily has been more interesting than the tank lately. She's such a diva :)

Mr. Microscope

Thanks, Eric! Hopefully I get to see the new hogfish out and about some today. I didn't see her before I left for work this morning, but it was super early and still really dark in the tank.

Yeah, Lily has been more interesting than the tank lately. She's such a diva :)

Is it like a wrasse that sleeps in the sand or rock crevices (i mean your hog, not Lily, lol)?

Is it like a wrasse that sleeps in the sand or rock crevices (i mean your hog, not Lily, lol)?

It sleeps in the rocks, I believe. I didn't read anything about sand when I was looking for info on it, and I keep seeing it going in and out of hiding in the rocks. My flasher wrasse sleeps in the rocks and then the leopard and yellow coris are sand dwellers.

Lily sleeps in a fancy cat bed, in my bed, or on top of her cat tree :lol:

dixie reefer

I used to have a candy hog, it was good for a couple months but it started bullying all of my other fish, even my maroon.

I used to have a candy hog, it was good for a couple months but it started bullying all of my other fish, even my maroon.

Odd. I hope mine doesn't do that. Live Aquaria says they're supposed to be super peaceful. The one I got was in a tank with a flasher wrasse, and the flasher wrasse was out and about and happy. Flasher wrasses are very docile and prone to getting beat up, so I figured it it was fine with one of those then it should be fine with everything else. Also, mine is the tiniest fish in the tank now (even smaller than my little baby clownfish), so I figure she's the low man on the totem pole in there. Especially since she got added last after everyone else is already well established. We'll see!

Mr. Microscope

Lily sleeps in a fancy cat bed, in my bed, or on top of her cat tree :lol:

lol! Our cat is a user of spots. She'll hang out somewhere for a couple weeks, then abandon it never to return. For that reason, we won't get her any more fancy kitty beds.

Yikes!

Live Aquaria says they're supposed to be super peaceful.

That's what I've heard as well.

lol! Our cat is a user of spots. She'll hang out somewhere for a couple weeks, then abandon it never to return. For that reason, we won't get her any more fancy kitty beds.

Yikes!

That's what I've heard as well.

Lily is sort of like that except she'll come back eventually. She always has a nap spot for daytime and a sleep spot for nighttime. She sticks to those (they can be different spots or the same spot) for a couple weeks and then she switches to different spots. She just constantly rotates through all the options. Cats are bizarre creatures.

I sure hope the Live Aquaria info holds true and that Stephanie's was just an exception. I'd hate to end up with a bully in my tank since everyone gets along so well right now.

How's the Lawnmower blenny behaving? I read online that they can eventually start messing with clams! Thought I'd give you a heads up in case the clams start acting weird.

Archived