Cultivated Reef

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

HookedOnAquariums
53 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

https://aqualabaquaria.com/collections/pico-rimless-aquariums/products/uns-3n-ultra-clear-rimless-aquarium-3-gal-ultum-nature-systems : I may get this tank. 

If Dave has the arrays I think he has (I'm still waiting a text from him) I will use 2 of those and 1 mint & 6 violets from 400-430nm. Whole array will have 8 royals,2 true blues,4 whites,2 cyan,1 mint and 6 uv. 

That’s a really nice tank. I love the dimensions. Great choice in lights too

On 10/10/2018 at 3:00 PM, Reefkid88 said:

Thank you !!!! More than likely a pico. Probably all sps or all zoa's one of the two. 

EDIT: Just got a email from @Marine Depot and the 2g Aquamaxx won't be in stock or anything until Winter or maybee not at all so I have to find another tank. I my go cube or a longer tank and have a AIO tank. 

I was going to suggest trying Aqua Lab Aquaria or Buce Plants for UNS tanks lol. 

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Lula_Mae said:

I was going to suggest trying Aqua Lab Aquaria or Buce Plants for UNS tanks lol. 

ALA has the best prices,I mean MD's are the lowest I have seen on the tank sizes I want but they hardly ever have them in stock. Now its just figuring out what tank I want. I may just saw screw it and get a AGA 5g and de-rim it and save some money. 

• Like 1
HookedOnAquariums
2 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

ALA has the best prices,I mean MD's are the lowest I have seen on the tank sizes I want but they hardly ever have them in stock. Now its just figuring out what tank I want. I may just saw screw it and get a AGA 5g and de-rim it and save some money. 

That's what i did, had a petco tank, de-rimmed it and added some anti bowing precautions and boom, it looks good if id do say so myself

3 minutes ago, HookedOnAquariums said:

That's what i did, had a petco tank, de-rimmed it and added some anti bowing precautions and boom, it looks good if id do say so myself

I've done it numerous times before just love the clean look of a rimless tank and Low Iron glass.  I would leave the bottom rim on if I am to do it that way. 

Those are them,I'm getting 2 of them. 1 channel is 4 royals and 2 true blue I believe and the other channel is 2 warm white,2 neutral white and 1 cyan if I'm not mistaken. I'm waiting on Dave for his paypal but I'm gonna check and see if I have it already. 

I'm probably gonna order all the other leds tonight maybe tomorrow at work seeming I'm a pipe fitter and work with slow welders lol. 

I did tear apart the light already since I got it today. Took the leds and fan out,scrubbed it real good since it had a good amount of silicone all over the fixture and give it a good cleaning and paint it. Then patiently wait for leds to come in lol. 

• Like 1

Leds are ordered this morning,I got 2 Mint's from Steves along with some adhesive and 2x 400-410,2x 410-420 & 2x 420-430 and a Lime from Rapid. 

This weekend I'm get the heatsink painted and figure out how to mount or hang it. 

So far it looks like the channels will be loaded with: 

CH1: 8 Royal Blue,4 True Blue,1 Mint,2-4 Violets.

CH2: 4 Neutral White,4 Warm White,2 Cyan,1 Lime or Mint,a couple of Violets. 

• Like 1
HookedOnAquariums
17 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Got the heatsink painted,no the best but it will do:

After:

20181014_194832.jpg

Before:

20181012_175452.jpg

Thats great! how are you going to mount it?

16 minutes ago, HookedOnAquariums said:

Thats great! how are you going to mount it?

I habe galvanized hanging wire,I may use that and keep the acrylic plate that goes on the top off so I can use the 4 holes to run thw wire thru once I drill the holes out. 

1 hour ago, TatorTaco said:

Are you planning to move all your corals to the future tank, or go a different direction stocking wise? 

Oh this tank has been torn down for monthhhhhs. I'm just keeping this thread alive until the new tanks gets going. Basically all planning and all that fun stuff will reside here until further notice. 

I have not. I am waiting on a response from Aquamaxx about a tank seeming Marine Depot will not be getting them back in stock. 

But on another not,I had my violets and lime come in from RapidLed today,and every time I try and test a led it pops and crackles and spark and I already lost 2 violets because of it. So I don't know if there is a short somewhere or what,but I'm pretty mad about it. 

That’s so frustrating about the LEDs. Hope you figure out what’s going on with it. 

I know your an HOB filter fan but have u considered a less than 5 gal AIO? 

I have a feeling its because the driver is a minimum of 18v,but you would think that it wouldnt even put power to the single led. But I will wire everything up with my arrays from Dave come in tomorrow and see what the deal is. 

Well I want to do a small AIO but its gonna have to be a custom one. I want a big area behind the false wall to house a nice sized return pump (probably a DC650 from Jebao),skimmer (air driven skimmer more than likely a BioCube skimmer,media reactor (Mini X from Fish-Street,heater,ato and whatever else I need. I'm probably gonna do like a 4"-5" wide false wall. 

Stuff I still need is:

-Mini X Reactor-$35 OR $65 with     DC650 pump

-BioCube Skimmer-$32

-ReefBreeders ATO-$50

-Jebao DC650 for return-$40

-Heater-TBD

-Jebao SW2 (MAYBE)-$50

-1/2" Strainer Bulkhead for overflow-$3

-1/2" Threaded bulkhead for return-$3

-2x threaded 90's for intake and return-$6

• Like 2
HookedOnAquariums
15 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

I have a feeling its because the driver is a minimum of 18v,but you would think that it wouldnt even put power to the single led. But I will wire everything up with my arrays from Dave come in tomorrow and see what the deal is. 

Well I want to do a small AIO but its gonna have to be a custom one. I want a big area behind the false wall to house a nice sized return pump (probably a DC650 from Jebao),skimmer (air driven skimmer more than likely a BioCube skimmer,media reactor (Mini X from Fish-Street,heater,ato and whatever else I need. I'm probably gonna do like a 4"-5" wide false wall. 

Stuff I still need is:

-Mini X Reactor-$35 OR $65 with     DC650 pump

-BioCube Skimmer-$32

-ReefBreeders ATO-$50

-Jebao DC650 for return-$40

-Heater-TBD

-Jebao SW2 (MAYBE)-$50

-1/2" Strainer Bulkhead for overflow-$3

-1/2" Threaded bulkhead for return-$3

-2x threaded 90's for intake and return-$6

Thats a good plan for equipment. I regret going with a cheap hearter (even though my fluval keeps the temp stable really well its large annoying and not submersible) so i would go for a cobalt neo therm. I really like the sw2 and used ones show up on amazon pretty often (i got mine for 40 dollars perfect condition) but you whould have to crank it down the random mode is almost to muck for my 10 gallon so you would have to use it on wave 1 or 2 at around 30 percent power.

Yeah that is one thing you never skimp on quality is lighting and heaters !!! I ran RW4's on my 7g and my 2g. I used a 500mah power supply to cut power in half and on my 7g I could run it really full power with the dial about 50% and my 2g it was on the 1st dot on pulse mode dial at the lowest setting. 

SW2's are way smaller,so that will be nice.