inTank Media Baskets

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

HookedOnAquariums
4 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

8Well all the leds are in,tomorrow I just have to get a new soldering iron and wire them up. 

20181020_174714.jpg

Looks good. now all you need is a tank, heater, ect. and then an unholy amount of corals

I definitely did do some significant damage to the blue channel of the one 11up and the lime led but I believe Dave has more I can get and I have another mint led as well. So far that is the only set back. But I did get everything wired up. Wire is a little bigger than I anticipated and like and makes everything look mess but whatever,nobody will ever see it. 

On the upside to blowing the blue channel,if I run a fuge or something I can just use that array lol. 

20181021_163559.jpg

• Like 1

New board will be here today !!! I may also have a piece of old black acrylic hidden,at least I hope I do lol. So I may go get a 10g AGA tank from the redneck hangout (Walmart) lol. 

Also,I got the idea of maybe running a "algae scrubber" on the tank,found these for relatively cheap ($23 shipped) and not have to run a filter or any sort,maybe just a bag of carbon ?! Some input would be nice. All I would need to do is get a driver and a few red,royal blue leds and I have a light. 

20181026_122232.jpg

20181026_122253.jpg

• Like 1
HookedOnAquariums
40 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

New board will be here today !!! I may also have a piece of old black acrylic hidden,at least I hope I do lol. So I may go get a 10g AGA tank from the redneck hangout (Walmart) lol. 

Also,I got the idea of maybe running a "algae scrubber" on the tank,found these for relatively cheap ($23 shipped) and not have to run a filter or any sort,maybe just a bag of carbon ?! Some input would be nice. All I would need to do is get a driver and a few red,royal blue leds and I have a light. 

20181026_122232.jpg

20181026_122253.jpg

Stealing my walmart jokes huh? Jk there can be a bunch of "great value" jokes if you get my rift. 

Ive always wanted to try an algae scrubber althou if you provide the room for that in one of those walmart 10 gals youll probably only have 6 or so gallons of overall swimming space. You can also make those yourself and taylor them to the size you want.

The whole idea of it would be too not use a media reactor or filter of any type and if possible not use a skimmer. 

As for swimming room,I'm not a huge fish fan. Although I will probably be keeping a pair or 2 pair of neon gobies or clown gobies. So perching area more than less. 

I'm messaging the guy on eBay who makes them to see if he can make me something and if not I will make my own. No biggie either way. 

HookedOnAquariums
8 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Got the array glued and soldered in,good lord I need some smaller gauged wire..its annoying. 

20181026_183622.jpg

20181026_183632.jpg

20181026_183608.jpg

zip ties and super glue can fix your wire problems. You cant even see them when the light is up probably. ANd good job getting your build done before i even started,

7 minutes ago, HookedOnAquariums said:

zip ties and super glue can fix your wire problems. You cant even see them when the light is up probably. ANd good job getting your build done before i even started,

I don't think zip ties and super glue would help here lol. I just need need thinner gauged wire,and a solid core wore would be nice. 

Well,I've only built a dozen diy lights lol. I would hope it was fast. I wish I had a little more room on the heatsink. I would love to add some more leds 🤔..

HookedOnAquariums
1 minute ago, Reefkid88 said:

I don't think zip ties and super glue would help here lol. I just need need thinner gauged wire,and a solid core wore would be nice. 

Well,I've only built a dozen diy lights lol. I would hope it was fast. I wish I had a little more room on the heatsink. I would love to add some more leds 🤔..

You already have more leds than me man. plus your tank will have less footprint i think your fine lol. when you decide to make a new one i call first dibs on this beast

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, SeaFurn said:

Lights - ✔️

Now let’s get that tank ordered! lol 

I'm thinking of a Lifegard Aquatics Crystal AIO tank,12"x8"x9" 4g. Seeming the size I'm waitijg to hear back from MarineandReef to see what the filter area measurements are. 

1 hour ago, Reefkid88 said:

I'm thinking of a Lifegard Aquatics Crystal AIO tank,12"x8"x9" 4g. Seeming the size I'm waitijg to hear back from MarineandReef to see what the filter area measurements are. 

Well that's another one! I was looking at the 4 gallon waterbox tanks or the 3.7 imaginarium. I may have to look at these as well. The imaginarium is basically a 6 gallon with the footprint and I wanted it to be as small as possible so I'm leaning towards the waterbox. 

Where do get the info on DIY LEDs? I built my first light but forgot how to calculate LEDs per driver wattage or voltage strength... Also the nanobox arrays look awesome but all the wires intimidate me.  What does the other end of your wiring look like? 

25 minutes ago, el_ote said:

Well that's another one! I was looking at the 4 gallon waterbox tanks or the 3.7 imaginarium. I may have to look at these as well. The imaginarium is basically a 6 gallon with the footprint and I wanted it to be as small as possible so I'm leaning towards the waterbox. 

Where do get the info on DIY LEDs? I built my first light but forgot how to calculate LEDs per driver wattage or voltage strength... Also the nanobox arrays look awesome but all the wires intimidate me.  What does the other end of your wiring look like? 

Yeah I saw it browsing Amazon,it comes with a Quiet One 400 (103gph) pump. Which I would swap out. The WaterBox looks super nice,and definitely a good option. The glass quality is worth the money. Depending on where you get them,it tells you the forward voltage of the led. RapidLed,StevesLeds,LedGroupBuy and LedSupply all tell you the specs of the leds. Its not bad at all. Don't let it get you overwhelmed. Its all super clean,drivers in their own box,with sliding dimmer knobs,switches and 3 cords (1 for each driver which is 2 and 1 more the heatsink,then a spot to plug in the fan. I will post a few pics for you. 

• Thanks 1
2 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

I saw that one. I was thinking of getting one myself. 

For you though, I’m just concerned the back chambers won’t be as big as you are shooting for. Let me know what the dimensions are when you find out. 

They seem to have a 10% discount every month that you could use on it. 

5 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

I saw that one. I was thinking of getting one myself. 

For you though, I’m just concerned the back chambers won’t be as big as you are shooting for. Let me know what the dimensions are when you find out. 

They seem to have a 10% discount every month that you could use on it. 

I emailed MarineandReef and Lifegard asking. Worst case scenario,I just run and skimmer and a slightly bigger tank or I get their rimless tank and make my own AIO. I will see what they say and go from there. 

1 hour ago, el_ote said:

Here is the rest of the light:

20181027_174257.jpg

20181027_174302.jpg

• Like 2

That's a heck of a set-up! I love the look of the heatsink. I don't plan on starting the pico any time soon, so maybe I'll save for one of Dave's Mini Tides. If I DIY it, I'd want one of his arrays anyway.

10 minutes ago, el_ote said:

That's a heck of a set-up! I love the look of the heatsink. I don't plan on starting the pico any time soon, so maybe I'll save for one of Dave's Mini Tides. If I DIY it, I'd want one of his arrays anyway.

Thank you. I got the light for $35 then put about $40-$50 worth of leds into it. 

His fixtures are amazing. I have had one. If I had the money I would get them every time but I don't. 

• Like 1
HookedOnAquariums
15 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Yeahhhhh you havent been here long enough to know I'm never happy with my lighting lol. 

I did read through all your forums tho and that's why i asked for it when your done lol

• Haha 1
2 minutes ago, Lula_Mae said:

Curious what's in the viv! 😄

Our lovely Cresty named Smaug. His tank looks horrible this week,I need to scrape the glass some kinda bad. 

1 minute ago, Reefkid88 said:

Our lovely Cresty named Smaug. His tank looks horrible this week,I need to scrape the glass some kinda bad. 

I think Gena had crested geckos (not sure if she still does).  Name is awesome! 

So I did a thing lol. I have a gut feeling that I will get a response about the filtration area's being too small as well as the display being too small I just went ahead and got a 5g. I still have to look thru all my totes ans see IF I still have the sheet of black acrylic. 

20181028_195144.jpg

• Like 5