Top Shelf Aquatics

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

Has anyone ever had a issue using a gift card on fish-street ? I'm trying to order the Mini X filter but its saying declined,but showing up on my FS account ? 

On another note,my DC650 will be here tomorrow !!! 

• Like 1
1 hour ago, YHSublime said:

That is one tiny pump, lol!

It really is,but its supposedly pumps out like 170-180gph. 

So,I guess I'm just gonna run a AC30 with some media. Should keep a bit of flow in the filter chamber to keep poo from settling and keep things clean. 

Well my grabdparents treat me as if I'm 12 years old still gave me a $100 gift card so the tank process if moving along a smidge quicker than I thought !!! So I ordered a 12"x12" sheet of black acrylic and then some stuff from @Marine Depot !!! 

Screenshot_20181114-173158_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Well my grabdparents treat me as if I'm 12 years old still gave me a $100 gift card so the tank process if moving along a smidge quicker than I thought !!! So I ordered a 12"x12" sheet of black acrylic and then some stuff from @Marine Depot !!! 

Screenshot_20181114-173158_Samsung Internet.jpg

Thank you for shopping with us and for the shout-out! Much appreciated, sir!

Jeff @ Marine Depot

Got the acrylic today,got it cut and the holes layed out. I do need to move them a little higher up and trim the top. My hacksaw cutting abilities is terrible. 

All my stuff from MD will be here Monday and I will drill the holes in the acrylic,install everything and I will just need salt,and water pretty much besides test kits. 

Here are a few quick pics:

20181117_213344.jpg

I'm actually thinking of making a insert to go on top of the tank,to fit the bottom part of the light so I can basically set it on top of the tank to get the most out of the light seeming I will be using a frosted material on the light to reduce shimmer. 

20181117_213408.jpg

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Christopher Marks said:

That's great, good progress! Are you going to finish building the divider today?

Thank you sir !!! I don't think I'm going to usr any. As silly as it sounds,#1 I don't really have room for any and #2 I feel like using none and having the AC30 in the filtration area,the flow od that should keep things clean,which is my goal. 

The rest of the acrylic will be used to make a braket if you will for the leds to sit into and be placed right on the top of the tank. 

• Like 1

This morning consists of ghetto mods for the tank lol 

Ghetto media rack for the AC30:

20181122_101321.jpg

Ghetto light mount. This will have 2 pieces of acrylic tying the 2 ends together so the light will just sit inside the bracket:

20181122_105551.jpg

20181122_110707.jpg

So I ordered some rock and stuff from BRS,but the FMT x Barb elbows I ordered don't fit,and the rubble rock was basically useless lol I got 2 pieces that were usable to the scape. 

I will probably just pick up a few small pieces from a local store. 

20181127_182806.jpg

20181127_182816.jpg

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

So looking around on amazon,I found a few "vases" that look pretty promising. What do you guys think ? I'm just already not really feeling the 5g. I would still use the DC650,i'm pretty sure the AC30 is too tall so a DIY media basket would be made,and a small heater all in a small AIO compartment. 

I personally REALLY like the super shallow cube:

Screenshot_20181210-121102_Samsung Internet.jpg

This one is just a little too skinny for my likings: 

Screenshot_20181210-121307_Samsung Internet.jpg

• Wow 1
2 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

I saw those too awhile back,they are so weird but cool lol. I want to try the 10"x10"x4" I posted,I want a shallow lagoon cube so bad and this might be it. 

• Like 2
3 hours ago, SeaFurn said:

I'm looking for someone to try this dooa tank out for a pico reef. Really unique tank

3 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

I saw those too awhile back,they are so weird but cool lol. I want to try the 10"x10"x4" I posted,I want a shallow lagoon cube so bad and this might be it. 

Nice! Love shallow tanks 😛