Top Shelf Aquatics

2G Cube [Casa Del Zoa]

Reefkid88

I do too,I just want something different you know ? I'm still thinking about it,4" is pretty shallow. So being sps dominant,I have to keep that in mind. 

3 hours ago, Nelson said:

I'm looking for someone to try this dooa tank out for a pico reef. Really unique tank

Nice! Love shallow tanks 😛

I’ve been thinking about getting it and selecting several of my fav RFAs for it.  Add an HOB with low flow and the top down view would be amazing! 

HookedOnAquariums
9 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Love the quality on those. If you have specific dimensions in mind you could even build your own. Building the tank I’m planning will cost only around 50 bucks. 24 x 24 x 8. Haven’t been able to find anything under 200 for those dims

I have heard they are amazing. Ehhh,I don't trust myself to build my own. I would rather pay the money and buy a professionally built one for the piece of mind. I really want the bigger one and I want to run T5/LED hybrid...fml. 

HookedOnAquariums
55 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

I have heard they are amazing. Ehhh,I don't trust myself to build my own. I would rather pay the money and buy a professionally built one for the piece of mind. I really want the bigger one and I want to run T5/LED hybrid...fml. 

If you don’t trust yourself to build one than good on you for knowing you limits. You should definitely go for the bigger one Impulse control isn’t useful at all in this hobby at all lol. Would you run the nanobox hybrid, make your own, or get that aquatic life one and just add a commercial LED?

Exactly. I know I would mess it up,and be worried about it every day. I would make my own,all tgat stuff is way too expensive. ReefBrite Supra 2 bulb fixture,heatsink with royals and violets down the middle,BAM !!!  

HookedOnAquariums
3 minutes ago, Reefkid88 said:

Exactly. I know I would mess it up,and be worried about it every day. I would make my own,all tgat stuff is way too expensive. ReefBrite Supra 2 bulb fixture,heatsink with royals and violets down the middle,BAM !!!  

That’s sounds sick! Maybe throw in some mints for popin’ the reds. If I didn’t procrastinate I would do some more diy lights, but I still haven’t finished mine after around 3 months

Eh maybe. It looks better on the white channel than the blue channel. Even with 8 royals and 2 violets the single mint does numbers and make the array brighter,but a little too bright. I think royals,violets,true blues would be suffice enough for pop. 

Shoot,I work 50 hours a week and have a new born,thats no excuse. 

HookedOnAquariums
2 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

Shoot,I work 50 hours a week and have a new born,thats no excuse. 

It’s not an excuse, procrastination is a condition lol. But it also has to do with my funds. Getting food for beetle juice (my spoiled clownfish who only eats the best) and smoothing out my high end fw angelfish tank is first economic priority 

6 hours ago, Reefkid88 said:

I don't think they are meant to be filled though,probably thinner glass and barely any silicone. I'll have to check it out. 

Yeah not sure. I looked at them at the store because I liked the size. They seem like any other regular  2.5g or 5g tank...and lots of silicone. 

• 3 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, SeaFurn said:

You get a tank yet?

I scored this little Lifegard Crystal 4g for Christmas! 

CC43EB37-2A4A-477F-B8DF-B4806178368D.thumb.jpeg.e7f1425e58491323d55e2a61dca14c69.jpeg

I have the 5g still,but undecided on to get it or get something else. 

Can you give me all the dims on this tank please ? Like display,filtration ect.  How is the media rack (if it has one) I have so many questions.. 

I went ahead and ordered 10lbs of stax rocks,all the 3/4" stuff I needed for the tank. 

Next will be salt,heater,ato then the tank will be ready to get wet. 

• Like 1

The official dimensions from the card that came with it are:

12.2” x 8.66” x 9.06”; 4.14 gallons

My measurements (inside dimensions): 

The display: 11 7/8” x 5 1/2” x 8 3/4”

The back filter:

Chamber one is 3 1/8” x 2 1/4”

Chamber two is 5 1/8” x 2 1/4”

Return chamber is 3 1/8” x 2 1/4”

The divider between chamber one and two has an angled cut out at the bottom for the water to pass through. 

Chamber two has a couple of small glass pieces attached to the bottom. I guess that’s to divert/break up the flow as it moves into chamber two. 

The divider between Chamber two and three is 5 1/2” tall. 

No media rack.

There’s a hole in the back wall below the overflow that can be used as another intake but it also comes with a plug for the hole.

Came with a sponges, bio balls, foam mat, a 103gph pump (haven’t tried it yet - I think a Sicce .5 would fit in the return chamber or more power).

Love the clear glass and the 45 degree edges. 

Its a neat little tank. Let me know if you have any other questions. 

871920D3-48B5-4DEA-80B0-7090853D5907.thumb.jpeg.db26c513751148a4c562a5076d4e9651.jpeg

Chamber one at top of picture. 

82A6C6B3-F280-446E-A1C7-D70C86B9B1EC.thumb.jpeg.13f327c5fbf01e167b1470ae320a4182.jpeg

• Like 1

@SeaFurn thank you so much. I want one so bad but the small filter area (width wise) just kills me. Leaves no real room for upgrades. 

I just went ahead and ordered the stuff I needed for the 5.5g and 10lbs os stax rocks and said screw it. 

• Like 2

@Christopher Marks Me too,when I saw it come up for sale I jumped on the deal instantly. Its an incredible light how it sits right now. Definitely should produce some good par. I do like the parchment paper I used (which will be eventually changed out for adhesive) because it cuts out all the shimmer and makes it look like T5's which I love. 

I would love to re-do the wiring,and really the array with new arrays from NBR but money is short at the moment. I just wish the heatsink was about a inch longer and wider. 

• Like 1