Pod Your Reef

Hey's 50 rimless (fts update 9/10)

hey

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hay hey. :D

Can you link me to the frosted cling stuff that you used on the Home Depot site? I tried three times to spray on frosted spraypaint and effed it up each time, so I went ahead and set the tank up without it, but dayum yours looks pretty good!

Please and thank you!

Its cling film applied with water from hd as brad discovered recently as well lol etched glass is the only non patterned version of it

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Artscape-36-in-x-72-in-Etched-Glass-Decorative-Window-Film-01-0122/100616371

also small air bubbles if your applying it once its already running will probably be in it (mine is too) but you cant see them from the front and only if your lookin close from the sides... worst case scenario is just wiggle the bubble behind some rocks.

edit*

I like the new additions!

I might try the frosted cling stuff on my tank. I used some of that frosted spray on one of my planted tanks a while back and it looked pretty good. So I'm interested in the link that Ben wants as well!

forgot to include your quote so you knew the link was posted

AWWWW YEEEAAAAAA

Prolly gonna go get some tonight before they close :)

sadly i found it was another case of you get what you pay for... I wish i could find an exception to that crap.

jedimasterben

sadly i found it was another case of you get what you pay for... I wish i could find an exception to that crap.

Oh, so maybe it's a good thing that I didn't get to go, then? What's wrong with it?

Oh, so maybe it's a good thing that I didn't get to go, then? What's wrong with it?

nono i meant it was like 3x the cost of any other cling film which sucks haha.

jedimasterben

nono i meant it was like 3x the cost of any other cling film which sucks haha.

OHHHHH ok lol, I thought you meant that it sucked lol

Well russian roulette paid off with no quarantine procedures and it looks like I have the start of a uronema marinum outbreak... the kicker I noticed is by the time you positively ID this crap its too late. Fish 1 down, others are all infected at this point and should be dead within a few days (before I could even order chloroquine phosphate) which by most accounts cures it with slightly less success than the oral meds for it.

The bitch of it is, is it stays in the tank pretty much forever unless I break down and restart it putting the corals in a qt tank while the tank recycles after cleaning.

Uronema is very popular in chromis. Did you add any recently?? I can't remember, but thought I had seen a post where you added some. I don't know why it's such a popular parasite with that particular fish. I once did some research on it for a friend. He also introduced it into his tank from chromis.

I have heard UV helps, and top notch water quality. Other then that, you would have to tear down to completely rid the tank of it. Goodluck. It's a nasty one to deal with.

Uronema is very popular in chromis. Did you add any recently?? I can't remember, but thought I had seen a post where you added some. I don't know why it's such a popular parasite with that particular fish. I once did some research on it for a friend. He also introduced it into his tank from chromis.

I have heard UV helps, and top notch water quality. Other then that, you would have to tear down to completely rid the tank of it. Goodluck. It's a nasty one to deal with.

Indeed the chromis brought it in, I may look at this as a chance to upgrade though lol, either a bigger tank or move tank downstairs and put a 100g sump in my storage room running plumbing through a wall. I will probably do chromis again either way but I will prophylacticly give meds in a qt tank before introducing them as apparently once I started reading these guys are bringing it in like wildfire right now.

Oh wow - I've never heard of that! But I've never had chromis either. I would hate to see you take this beautiful tank down! :(

Oh wow - I've never heard of that! But I've never had chromis either. I would hate to see you take this beautiful tank down! :(

hardscape should be easy enough to redo, which I plan on as I like it heh. I knew I was risking disease, but this one is a real pita one to get.

Also def not going to take it down unless it clears out the entire tank, I am fine with a single fish in a 50.

JavaJacketOC

Here are a few new additions, the chromis are still schooling which is ammusing but I know it most likely won't last long.

14993267672_5e95f1571a_c.jpg

14993625505_6a8183cb91_c.jpg

You going to get a big one to run the herd?

the other 2 are now showing the early splotches of the disease... The spots start as white and turn red within a day. This one has a spot on his head which I believe the middle one in trio pic I posted was the first to die as I think I see the start of his spot which started as 3 smaller spots near the head then formed together and started turning red.

heres the latest:

15020801061_95f37cc3e3_c.jpg

My clowns are have been hyper aggressive toward them, hyperactivity is an early symptom though but I also think the aggression is because the clowns know they are weak/ill.

Also on this note, I may just set up a small plagued coral tank because the protos can still live on bacteria on the corals and I don't trust a fw dip to prevent this from carrying over to the new system.

Does uronema marinum appear on the fins as well? One of my chromes had a white spot on his tail fin... :(

not sure I have only seen spots on the head or body in pictures and in this experience. Its a shame I can't get the pink hue to come through in a picture at this point either but its pretty distinct in person.

not sure I have only seen spots on the head or body in pictures and in this experience. Its a shame I can't get the pink hue to come through in a picture at this point either but its pretty distinct in person.

:unsure: This disease sounds really disappointing. You have my sympathy. I would hate to lose all my fish...

Are any still alive?

would it help to dose melafix/pimafix? maybe it's just a bacterial infection.. I'd try that before tearing anything down.. especially if there is pink on the fish's flesh, that makes me think infection..

if you're already considering tearing down the tank then there's no harm in trying..

would it help to dose melafix/pimafix? maybe it's just a bacterial infection.. I'd try that before tearing anything down.. especially if there is pink on the fish's flesh, that makes me think infection..

if you're already considering tearing down the tank then there's no harm in trying..

Yes try everything that you can before giving up.

Archived