ReefCleaners.org

40B Tang Hangout

GHill762

TheTeenReefer

Yeah i like open top better but i'm also afraid of my cats going for a little snorkeling trip in my tank lol. I guess i'll go with mesh for my 40 breeder. I'll be starting mine this summer so check it out!:)

• Like 1

Yeah i like open top better but i'm also afraid of my cats going for a little snorkeling trip in my tank lol. I guess i'll go with mesh for my 40 breeder. I'll be starting mine this summer so check it out! :)

hmm... yeah, the cat thing would scare me.. none of our cats over the years have ever really payed any attention to fish tanks though, we've had a fw tank for probably 15 year or so, and maybe 3 cats over that time frame, none have really ever bothered anything.. you could always build a canopy..

Cats are all different. I have 4 and none have ever bothered my tanks. My brother adopted 2 of my kittens a couple of years ago (full siblings to 2 of mine) and his kids can't keep them out of their tanks! Go figure!!!! :blink:

• Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Have you had any issues with the tang and the clam? Considering one in my tank but concerned about nipping.

not yet.. from the reading I've been doing online I think it's pretty rare for most tangs to bother clams.. keeping them well fed will help as well. I really wanted a yellow eye kole, but couldn't find a small one, two days after ordering my yellow from liveaquaria I got an email saying they had a small kole in stock :slap:

I did have an emerald crab that tore up the mantle on my crocea right when I put the clam in the tank, he got banished to the sump.. then about two months later my pygmy angel (that had been so well behaved up to that point) started picking at it, so he got taken out and given to my lfs. the only thing in my tank that really irritates clams now is my hermits and snails, they climb all over my maxima and irritate it. they don't pick at it or anything, but the crabs will crawl right over the top of the clam..

I want the kole as well but wasnt sure if it would work out or not. I guess if you were gonna try it I might as well give it a go and see if it will work

I really wanted a yellow eye kole, but couldn't find a small one, two days after ordering my yellow from liveaquaria I got an email saying they had a small kole in stock

• Like 1

I want the kole as well but wasnt sure if it would work out or not. I guess if you were gonna try it I might as well give it a go and see if it will work

the recommended tank size is smaller for the kole than for the yellow.. and they are a little more unique and pretty IMO..

the recommended tank size is smaller for the kole than for the yellow.. and they are a little more unique and pretty IMO..

Went ahead and put my order in with my LFS. Only $35

• Like 1

Dood...im getting a kole too :happy: looking for a small purple one

Went ahead and put my order in with my LFS. Only $35

TANGS!! TANGS FOR EVERYONE!!

hope the tang fuzz don't find out.. FTTP! :lol:

I wish I'd stuck it out for a kole, but I love my little yeller feller.. he's fun to watch..

You didn't. I saw a glimpse on the first page. White with black trim?

lol yeah.. I just uploaded some to flickr.. these are the only decent photos I could find on my phone (and they're both edited all artsy-fartsy-like).. can't wait to get it back out and get 60mpg rather than 15.. lol.. it's only a little 300, but it's my first bike.. I just started riding last year..

http://www.flickr.com/photos/115806844@N04/12656641904/'>12656641904_033e2be50d_b.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/115806844@N04/12656641904/'>Untitled by http://www.flickr.com/people/115806844@N04/'>GHill762, on Flickr

12656042825_71249173df_b.jpg

Untitled by GHill762, on Flickr

• Like 1

I don't know much (okay, anything) about street bikes but that looks like it goes fast :) !!!!!!!!

not really.. it's basically a beginner bike, it looks faster than it is.. it'll get up to about 107-110 ish.. it's pretty good for zipping around town, but I want to get an R6 :wub:

• Like 1

My guess is, ...... Just over 100mph

Edit. Too late. I figured it was in mid of 100-110

you ever ride with corals? I'm considering it this summer because the closest decent lfs is like 2hrs away, and the bike gets way better mileage than the truck.. we have a local guy here that drives 2-3 hrs with corals in his backpack..

yeah, and the 107-110 is indicated, and that's about as reliable as a weather forecast.. actual is probably closer to 103-105..

Never rode with frags or fish on my bike. Even chicks get left behind. Only one allowed on my bike is my daughter but that requires swapping the solo seat for a bench type.

You should try monster 1100 ;)

• Like 1

Never rode with frags or fish on my bike. Even chicks get left behind. Only one allowed on my bike is my daughter but that requires swapping the solo seat for a bench type.

You should try monster 1100 ;)

I can't decide if I like monsters or not.. one day I love nakeds, the next I think they're ugly.. idk.. but duc's are probably the best looking nakeds out there though...

I do like the looks of the streetfighter 848.. schmexy..

I can't decide if I like monsters or not.. one day I love nakeds, the next I think they're ugly.. idk.. but duc's are probably the best looking nakeds out there though...

I do like the looks of the streetfighter 848.. schmexy..

Rode it once. This girl handles herself beautifully.

New ducs handle a bit better. Even monsters. It depends what you want and need in a bike. I like it stupid simple and reliable.

Next bike...... Probably bwm f 800, monster 1100 or something old school after resto.

• Like 1

Rode it once. This girl handles herself beautifully. New ducs handle a bit better. Even monsters. It depends what you want and need in a bike. I like it stupid simple and reliable. Next bike...... Probably bwm f 800, monster 1100 or something old school after resto.

the problem is, around here we're limited to kawasaki, suzuki, yamaha, honda, harley, etc.. pretty mainstream stuff (and most dealerships are actually something else, like the kawa dealer is actually a tractor/implement dealer - so their selection is pretty small), and a pretty limited used bike market.. definitely no ducati, triumph, etc.. right now I'm really into sport bikes, I like other styles but I just want a sport bike while I'm young enough for one. down the road I'll likely get some sort of sport cruiser or chopper or something..

not really.. it's basically a beginner bike, it looks faster than it is.. it'll get up to about 107-110 ish.. it's pretty good for zipping around town, but I want to get an R6 :wub:

Wish I'd have known. My son only had this 6 months - he's an adrenaline junkie but he said the only place he could really let loose on this was the racetrack. Traded it for a snowmobile (phew lol) I didn't know what it was until you just mentioned getting an R6....then I remembered the R6 logo on this thing.

http://s861.photobucket.com/user/DannaMiyamoto/media/r6.jpg.html'>r6.jpg

Your tank is looking AMAZING by the way. It's one of my inspiration tanks. I just love everything about it.

• Like 1