Top Shelf Aquatics

A Maiden's Voyage- town house pics, getting more organized

FlowerMama

Nope, I'm getting them from your neck of the cement, Woos. All Paly/zoas.

It's a pain to fill up this one because it's behind a door and the section that needs the filling it's awkward to get to to pour the water in every morning, after work and bedtime.

lol, i had the gold ones in my cart for 2 days. I was wondering who bought them =P. Glad it was you.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOVE those grandis :wub:. They are one of my favorite coral!

Do they like less light? I thought you mentioned that once. I love my order. Can't wait to see them. These have that little whie trim I didn't remember.

Arriving next Tues!!!

WA28_zps8d891ac0.jpg

WA18_zpsaf2a262a.jpg

WA10_zps1947ffd9.jpg

WA12_zps7e2e761a.jpg

Can't wait for my order tomorrow!!!

LOVE those grandis :wub:. They are one of my favorite coral!

God knows I have loved yours for sooooo long. When I finally saw something that kinda resembled them I had to buy them.

Do they like less light? I thought you mentioned that once. I love my order. Can't wait to see them. These have that little whie trim I didn't remember.

Can't wait for my order tomorrow!!!

God knows I have loved yours for sooooo long. When I finally saw something that kinda resembled them I had to buy them.

Yours look prettier than mine. Mine go up and down with coloring it seems. They just recently went through a shedding process and now that they are open they are more brown. But they eventually color up to green. I think it's probably too much light, but I don't know for sure. Can't wait to see yours in the tank!!!!

Just got them but trying to decide where to put them. Think I'll put them on the on the rock on the right side, anything else will be too direct. I have to let them out of the bag now. I'll wait & see how they like that area first before I glue anything.

Here are some early pics. One of them is still too small for me to photograph correctly. The orange one has like 10 heads on it, the pink maybe 4 or 5. Hopefully I'll have a pic of the tiniest one tomorrow. So far I see orange center, then yellow then green. Maybe in an hour I'll try again.

005_zpse5984694.jpg

This one has 3 heads, maybe a tiny 4th starting.

20140923_190528_zpsdn5phus2.jpg

And then w/ the better camera- wasn't sure which pic was better.

004_zps3943f968.jpg

My SealifeInc/KPAquatics order came in. All are happy in the 60 and they sent me 2 red mithrax instead of 1 so I also put one here in this tank!

Here she is!

035_zpsc6d36fb8.jpg

And here are some recent shots.

034_zpsb76a51d0.jpg

St Thomas loves it on the backside here of the gorgonian.

036_zpsf763d488.jpg

041_zpsa80ea2a6.jpg

039_zpse2750967.jpg

044_zps39ca86d6.jpg

037_zps7bd7630e.jpg

038_zps3828529b.jpg

045_zpse27bedcd.jpg

I know the 2 I got today are younger than the green one I had because they're smaller. But SealifeInc says this.....

Red Mithrax crabs, Mithrax ruber, are very close relatives to the green emerald crabs, Mithrax sculptus . The red mithrax crabs tend to be more of an offshore, reef dwelling crab, so I think they are actually more suited for a reef tank than the green crabs, which tend to be more of an inshore, non-reef dwelling crab. Both crabs will clean bubble algae, and hair algae, and both will clean other unwanted fleshy macro algae from your tank.

LOVE them :). The grandis look just like mine. Can't wait to see them explode with growth in your tank!!!!!

I still love that chalice :wub:. One day I need to get one.

LOVE them :). The grandis look just like mine. Can't wait to see them explode with growth in your tank!!!!!

I still love that chalice :wub:. One day I need to get one.

That chalice is growing really well. I wasn't sure where it was going and even when I put it there behind the rock I wasn't sure. Glad I did. Has so many wonderful bright green mouths. Reminds me of potato eyes. I think the grandis will be on the left side, where the St. Thomas is, where the weakest flow is, sitting off the rock from the yellow gorgonian. I think itll be too bright on the right side.

That chalice is growing really well. I wasn't sure where it was going and even when I put it there behind the rock I wasn't sure. Glad I did. Has so many wonderful bright green mouths. Reminds me of potato eyes. I think the grandis will be on the left side, where the St. Thomas is, where the weakest flow is, sitting off the rock from the yellow gorgonian. I think itll be too bright on the right side.

It really is a wonderful looking chalice!!!! It has such a fun/whimsical look to it...I think that's why I adore it so much.

That's exactly where I would put them. I was going to suggest under the yellow gorg! Give lots of space for those giant polyps to grow :).

It really is a wonderful looking chalice!!!! It has such a fun/whimsical look to it...I think that's why I adore it so much.

That's exactly where I would put them. I was going to suggest under the yellow gorg! Give lots of space for those giant polyps to grow :).

Glad you concur with where to put them. I appreciate that since you have so much experience with yours. How many polyps did yours have to start with?

Those palys are awesome! The white dotted outer skirt is very unique.

I thought so too, I didn't remember seeing any with those before or maybe I didn't notice.

Glad you concur with where to put them. I appreciate that since you have so much experience with yours. How many polyps did yours have to start with?

I'm pretty sure this was taken around the time when I got them and there were two plus a baby :). I picked them up from a local reefer.

edit..going through my photobucket right now. THIS is when I first got them. My gosh...look how intense green they were :o.

103112no4.jpg

I'm pretty sure this was taken around the time when I got them and there were two plus a baby :). I picked them up from a local reefer.

122712no5.jpg

I love yours, still. I have 4 heads, only one of them big, the other is smaller than a dime, another even less and one hasn't opened. But for $28 I couldn't pass it up.

I love yours, still. I have 4 heads, only one of them big, the other is smaller than a dime, another even less and one hasn't opened. But for $28 I couldn't pass it up.

That's a good price. I can't remember what I paid...maybe like $20 or $25?

edit..going through my photobucket right now. THIS is when I first got them. My gosh...look how intense green they were :o.

103112no4.jpg

what's that blue / yellow thing to the left of the paly???

103112no4.jpg

So do you think it was too much light that lightened them up?

udpate!

018_zpsfba3a8f7.jpg

023_zpsa96ea4b2.jpg

025_zpsbded8922.jpg

This one's doing well, there's another head in there about to open!!

016_zpsce1715ba.jpg

And lastly, do you think I should let the blue trail down? or frag? same w/ the greenish brown? Oh, and I love the encrustation of those war corals is it?

020_zpsebaa77f5.jpg

Archived