inTank Media Baskets

GtTap 75 (Keeping It Reef)

GtTap

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nice tank. So I guess LED'S didn't work out for you?

It's not that leds didn't work, I'm just not a fan of all that crazy shimmer it creates too many dark spots. I like the fully lit tank I like the shimmer with moon lights.

reefernanoman

It's not that leds didn't work, I'm just not a fan of all that crazy shimmer it creates too many dark spots. I like the fully lit tank I like the shimmer with moon lights.

True, you either like or hate shimmering. I don't mind it at all.

I like your scapes. I think you need to come up to PA and help do mine lol.

Thank you. Lmaooo aquascaping will be the death of me, i hate thinking about reef rock because i have aquascaping nightmares.

True, you either like or hate shimmering. I don't mind it at all.

Later on i might add leds to the fixture to make it an hybrid fixture just not sure yet.

• 3 weeks later...

Well after seeing the pukani rock my father in law got from brs i cracked :wacko:. I have about 20 to 25lbs of pukani now and ill be making the switch over to that rock.

Here i go again. The biocube just didnt do it for me im going back to a 20long. Cube going to be sold maybe someone else can do better than i did with it.

awe man. the cube was looking good too! I do love the length of the 20L's tho. maybe a couble towers of rock and open look.

good luck!

Well i switched to the 20 long today need to list the cube for sale.

I personally like the look of sand. Plus, i dont think i can have a tank without a randalls pistol shrimp/goby pair.

If you're talking params regarding the decision, i wouldnt know which would be more beneficial.

I personally like the look of sand. Plus, i dont think i can have a tank without a randalls pistol shrimp/goby pair.

If you're talking params regarding the decision, i wouldnt know which would be more beneficial.

im talking about nutrients level for keeping sps.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Snails and hermits keep pushing the plugs to the front of the tank. I'll probably re attach them to the tiles so they say in place. Do yall think wp10 really puts out 1000GPH i dont think so i do miss my koralia nano 425.

20150122_160312.jpg

Sand or no sand that is the question. Black sand, white sand, pink sand, black and white sand what do i pick. :blink:

Got my zoa garden set up and my little baby acan garden is up too.

20150123_144930.jpg

NorthGaHillbilly

Did a water test Alk was 9.2 dkh and Cal was 470 is that a problem?

only issue with higher cal is you need to keep your mag higher for good alk numbers. RedSea salt?

NorthGaHillbilly

No im using reef crystals.

weird, sorry i didnt go back and read into previous posts, but using reef crystals those numbers seem higher than RCs usually give, but theres nothing wrong with them

weird, sorry i didnt go back and read into previous posts, but using reef crystals those numbers seem higher than RCs usually give, but theres nothing wrong with them

Ive dosed up i dont like sitting low like reef crystals kept me i want higher alk around 10dkh seems like zoas and euphyllia like the higher alk.

alk from 8-12dkh is good and ca from 450 -500 is good. mg will keep you frustrated from reaching the alk ca levels if you dont keep it up also. buzzed right now so cant pull the right range outta my head, but test em all and keep em "in range". dont chase numbers. a doser for alk is the minimum i would recommend. gl dood!

alk from 8-12dkh is good and ca from 450 -500 is good. mg will keep you frustrated from reaching the alk ca levels if you dont keep it up also. buzzed right now so cant pull the right range outta my head, but test em all and keep em "in range". dont chase numbers. a doser for alk is the minimum i would recommend. gl dood!

I run my kalk from my ato wouldnt mind getting it on a doser.

Archived