Innovative Marine Aquariums

GtTap 75 (Keeping It Reef)

GtTap

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just don't worry about it and keep moving forward. As the tank ages more and more things will be happy.

I keep telling myself that but you know how patience goes we want to see results fast lmaoo.

Looks good man glad to see some pics!

Thanks ill be posting more pics just busy with life and moving.

You need to stop measuring PH for a while and look at some other things first. 7.55 is not easily possible so I think your measurements are bad. My advice is to ignore PH and start locking down your Alk.

Test every day, same time every day, before doing any dosing. Figure out what the daily usage is and then calculate how much Alk supplement you need to keep it stable. Target around 9KH for now and see how it goes. Test with Salifert test kits, throw out the API test kits.

Remember, trying to fix a problem can do more damage than the problem itself.

You need to stop measuring PH for a while and look at some other things first. 7.55 is not easily possible so I think your measurements are bad. My advice is to ignore PH and start locking down your Alk.

Test every day, same time every day, before doing any dosing. Figure out what the daily usage is and then calculate how much Alk supplement you need to keep it stable. Target around 9KH for now and see how it goes. Test with Salifert test kits, throw out the API test kits.

Remember, trying to fix a problem can do more damage than the problem itself.

I use redsea test kits for alk, cal and mag. Problem with the redsea kit is the color change messes me up I'm not sure when to read it. I took some water to the LFS Saturday and they said cal was 450 and alk was 10.9.

Well found out some bad news, i have a shit batch of redsea test kits. This is the type of stuff that makes this hobby suck. Spending money on crap................. OK rant over.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

How does $70 sound for a single head gold torch?

Too much, $40 maybe if it's real perty. :)

My tank is eating alk like its sugar.

Yep, they will do that.

How often are you really doing water changes and what %.

For my 29, about 4 gallons once a week. For my 150 about 10 gallons every other week, sometimes more, sometimes less.

I like PEA, so it might be worth it. I got mine locally for $25, but not sure if it's as gold or not.

i live 15 minutes from this place and they know me maybe i can ask for a discount.

If you can see it prior to purchase, and it looks brilliant gold under daylight lighting then I would by it. I'm a big fan of PEA, ordered once form them and again when their frag swap team was at a local event. Good stuff.

Archived