ReefCleaners.org

GtTap 75 (Keeping It Reef)

GtTap

think i might superglue a bunch of my rubble rock together and make a small structure for acans, that way later down the road its only super glue to take rock apart.

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Everything in your tank is looking SOOOO healthy !!!!! Keep up the good work :)

Thanks alot Danna. Im picking up a 20 long sump today that a local reefer is giving away might also be buying his wp10.

Thanks alot Danna. Im picking up a 20 long sump today that a local reefer is giving away might also be buying his wp10.

I loved having a sump on my 40. I ran a filter sock over the intake and it kept the tank spotless :) Nice to be able to hide all of the equipment too.

I loved having a sump on my 40. I ran a filter sock over the intake and it kept the tank spotless :) Nice to be able to hide all of the equipment too.

You had the filter sock over your return pump?

You had the filter sock over your return pump?

No, sorry maybe used the wrong word lol. It was on the drain coming from the tank catching everything coming out of the tank :)

No, sorry maybe used the wrong word lol. It was on the drain coming from the tank catching everything coming out of the tank :)

oh lol yea thats how mine is now. im going to use the sump as a frag tank too. since i have a few corals that im thinking of moving out of the display till i can sell them or trade.

Why wont my acros color up or show feeding tentacles.

Take a closeup picture of the pale acros. As clear and close as you can get.

Are you feeding heavily with good coral food, like reef roids? SPS need to feed and unfortunately we tend to keep our tanks too clean for good color, so it's important to feed heavily once or twice a week to give the corals some food.

2014-03-02.jpg

Take a closeup picture of the pale acros. As clear and close as you can get.

Are you feeding heavily with good coral food, like reef roids? SPS need to feed and unfortunately we tend to keep our tanks too clean for good color, so it's important to feed heavily once or twice a week to give the corals some food.

pic up.

IMG_20140218_232715.jpg

IMG_20140218_232702.jpg

on this side it has polyps out.

Do you have good flow in there? Probably a food issue, but the pics aren't very big. :)

What is your KH, Calcium, and salinity? How often do you dose 2 part and do you know how big the alk swings are?

Do you have good flow in there? Probably a food issue, but the pics aren't very big. :)

What is your KH, Calcium, and salinity? How often do you dose 2 part and do you know how big the alk swings are?

i had a wp25 in just took it out and added a wp10 but flow isnt an issue i think. havent checked parameters this week yet but last time i checked everything was good. havent really had to dose alk was dropping 1 dkh ever 2 days. just started using kents part a and b this week. ill try to test cal and alk tonight if i can.

• 1 month later...

Hey GT,

sorry to hear of your issues. I went through this as well in every tank except the 46.

Double check everything including your salinity measurements, KH, Calcium, Mg, temperature.

Try and understand what happened so it doesn't happen again. It might be something you did wrong, or it might be some kind of poison in the water.

Hey GT,

sorry to hear of your issues. I went through this as well in every tank except the 46.

Double check everything including your salinity measurements, KH, Calcium, Mg, temperature.

Try and understand what happened so it doesn't happen again. It might be something you did wrong, or it might be some kind of poison in the water.

I wondering if my leather is causing this. I havent tested in 2 weeks probably why shit is all jacked up. i switch salt could all be a factor. Temp havent been over 80.

Archived