Pod Your Reef

| Pico~Arium | Sadness has struck!

ExSmoker

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The BAD... My friend, while building the stand, he decided that using a Nail Gun was a good idea and a few mins later he missed and well, he drove a 2.5" brad nail into and right through his finger. OUCH... So the stand is in hold for now lol

OOOOUUUUUCCCCHHHHHHHH........

Ok people, the custom stand is now canceled.

My buddy says the stand looks like shit because he caint get the cuts right....

Suggestions on a stand please everyone.

One photo is more of a squirt, not a dump. :D:P

yeah i guess it does look silly........i was having problems with resizing, so i had to go have a smoke and a drink....

let's try this madness again...

post-67473-0-74578400-1376712926_thumb.png

You'll have to actually upload your photos somewhere else if you want to post a bunch at once. Doing them as attachments won't work so well and you'll run out of attachment space soon.

Haha I kna, but who really wants 10 shots of the same macro and dirty glass.

One photo is more of a squirt, not a dump. :D:P

Sure... Your Vase is almost the same idea as mine. how long has it been running?

this is cool....

i've got lots of old photos of stuff, can i drop a few here?

Ive been updating the 1st post with costs and content. in case anyone is wondering what Im using and how much it costs.

my cylinder vase has been my main display since oct-nov 2012...but its sandbed is about five years old....

if you really want some tips, go slowly... i buy single polyps that are only just now starting to become colonies..

be prepared for a total wipeout or two...don't stir up the sandbed, let the smails do that.

what kind of filter are you using? i'm completely on air.. impeller pumps create heat..thats a big problem in summer, especially if they jam... the smaller pumps seem to jam easier...they also grind up plankton.

Nice, I will keep checking in for pods.

Its not unusual. Sometimes takes up to a month or so to see pods.

The only filter is Live Rock + 20% Water changes & Red Titan Macro for some nutrent export... I will be Trying to stock slowly, will be very hard since my supplier just lives 20mins away and has awsome frags for $5.00 lol

Wont be touching the sand at all, just Nass snails for that...

5yrs is a Loooonggg time for a any Pico :) Great Job.

my cylinder vase has been my main display since oct-nov 2012...but its sandbed is about five years old....

if you really want some tips, go slowly... i buy single polyps that are only just now starting to become colonies..

be prepared for a total wipeout or two...don't stir up the sandbed, let the smails do that.

what kind of filter are you using? i'm completely on air.. impeller pumps create heat..thats a big problem in summer, especially if they jam... the smaller pumps seem to jam easier...they also grind up plankton.

Ordered a TDS Pen the other day :)

New lights have yet to show up :(

Cycle is still on-going and making things look ugle.

2013-08-20072918_zps6679070f.jpg

Very dirty glass lol

here are some tools i've made over the years... pretty straight forward.

bamboo skewers, super glue, superglue containers, tooth brush, putty,

here's some closer images

post-67473-0-51571300-1377027238_thumb.png

post-67473-0-51779700-1377027357_thumb.png

post-67473-0-44051100-1377027371_thumb.png

Changed 98% of the tanks water just now.

Matched temp 78°F and SG to 1.024 perfecty.

Scrubbed glass with toothbrush, then cleaned inside glass with peroxide to prevent new growth on glass... Then moved some of the Macro closer to the center, re-adjusted the center rocks placment as to be able to clean around it next time... Then cleaned outside glass... Enjoy!

Dirty Tank

2013-08-22114626_zpsf04c9b06.jpg

Empty Tank

2013-08-22122242_zps7f77c15c.jpg

Red Titan close up

2013-08-22122234_zps6e1d92be.jpg

Clean Tank

2013-08-22123718_zpsa35f6eae.jpg

2013-08-22123621_zps1b3724f1.jpg

2013-08-22123610_zps76d96eae.jpg

2013-08-22123559_zpsc25bf6bc.jpg

2013-08-22123553_zps36b1985b.jpg

I like how clean it looks with that lid!

you can bunch up all those lighting wires if you want. using something like a cable organizer.

Thanks Newman, that lid is a folgers coffee can lid haha. The wires do drive me nuts, I think I will find a way to make them hidden...

Cant wait to see how your Vase turns out too.

I like how clean it looks with that lid!

you can bunch up all those lighting wires if you want. using something like a cable organizer.

get at least two cerith snails. try to get dwarf ones. they might even breed so you can have more. then you can give some away to your friends on here :P

Archived