inTank Media Baskets

| Pico~Arium | Sadness has struck!

ExSmoker

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me likey mucho.....

Have you considered a small cannister filter for this beauty? You could remove that pump in there and would only have two tubes in there and would really help with filtration and flow.....

Not sure but I think you could add an inline heater on a cannister filter as well....

I'd really consider some purdy photo gorgs in there. They are instant accent corals and are quite hardy.

Been thinking about a canister filter alot.

Imagin this, a cyclinder stand with a DIY cainster filter via a small external pump, use some clear acrylic tubing as the inflow/out flow of the tank. so all you see is two tubes as you suggested :)

The filter would hold, heater, carbon, filter floss and bio media... enless I can diy a inline for the 6" tall heater I have here.

Me likey mucho.....

Have you considered a small cannister filter for this beauty? You could remove that pump in there and would only have two tubes in there and would really help with filtration and flow.....

Not sure but I think you could add an inline heater on a cannister filter as well....

I'd really consider some purdy photo gorgs in there. They are instant accent corals and are quite hardy.

ok so I have a friend of mine who builds SW aquarium stands for a living, building me a nice octagon shaped pico stand, will be 7"W x 12"H... and have some trimming on it. Will post photos once its build next week.

The only daily update that I have is.

Ive noticed more ditoms and my friend has started building the pico stand :)

Waiting on some New Leds to show up in the mail also. Feel free to ask questions.

I never had ecopicos led strips, the strips I have are from Ebay... altho they do look alot like ecopicos lol I will use the current leds yes. but if they are not stronge enough I will have a backup set of different lights besides the par38 I got here.

Why new LEDs? Where the ecopicos not strong enough? You had several of them.

Just ordered some Red Titan Macro and a some unknown purple macro... They should ship by Monday...

Who's got some sources for a good Pico glass cleaner? I mean the glass is too thin for a mag float, so whats my options here?

Get thicker glass :D

If this tank is not cool enough for the "cool" kids on NR, I swear I may take a curling iron while plugged in and see how much DIY fireworks I can make with the vase lol

This looks like its going to be really cool!

Thanks :) it Rocks right? NPS would be cool, but alot of work. Im wayy to busy in real life for that.

Keep things simple, beautiful and on the cutting edge of DIY and fun.

Love that center rock!!! I know NPS are a pain but I picture it covered with dendros and sun

Corals :)

Guess nobody likes the Trout haha, its cool. I love it alot. :)

Is a freshwater fish :rolleyes:

Who's got some sources for a good Pico glass cleaner? I mean the glass is too thin for a mag float, so whats my options here?

Get a nanomag cleaner it really works :) ,most of online vendors carry it

I have a customer that recently built a pico in a Walmart vase thingy that's just about the same shape and size as this. He managed to turn it into an AIO with chambers and skimmer in the back, all DIY. He did an impressive job with it.

I like where you're going with the rock work in there, you can do some interesting things with that when it comes to adding coral.

Thinking about the Vertex mini mag or Nanomag or DIY one for like $3.00

Get a nanomag cleaner it really works :) ,most of online vendors carry it

Sounds great, do you have a link to this persons build thread? Ive been trying to figure out excatly how to DIY a PIco sized external overflow tube setup for a mini sump, same as pvc style just bot as bulky...

I have a customer that recently built a pico in a Walmart vase thingy that's just about the same shape and size as this. He managed to turn it into an AIO with chambers and skimmer in the back, all DIY. He did an impressive job with it.

I like where you're going with the rock work in there, you can do some interesting things with that when it comes to adding coral.

Sounds great, do you have a link to this persons build thread? Ive been trying to figure out excatly how to DIY a PIco sized external overflow tube setup for a mini sump, same as pvc style just bot as bulky...

No there's nothing online about it that I know of. He came in the store a couple months ago and we bounced ideas around on it and about a week ago he came in and showed me some pics of it running. He has access to a mill or cnc or something, so he made everything he needed to get it going.

It was a cylinder just like yours, but it has a small attached stand on the bottom of it all in one piece. He built a false wall inside it with the overflow and chambers for his media. IIRC he designed it so that the whole structure (rock and all) can be taken out in one piece for maintenance. He also built his own skimmer to run in the back of it.

Sounds pretty cool. I like seeing other builds.

Hopefully mine will live up to the coolness that I have in store.

No there's nothing online about it that I know of. He came in the store a couple months ago and we bounced ideas around on it and about a week ago he came in and showed me some pics of it running. He has access to a mill or cnc or something, so he made everything he needed to get it going.

It was a cylinder just like yours, but it has a small attached stand on the bottom of it all in one piece. He built a false wall inside it with the overflow and chambers for his media. IIRC he designed it so that the whole structure (rock and all) can be taken out in one piece for maintenance. He also built his own skimmer to run in the back of it.

Also for got to say that I have my copy of

Nano Reef Aquariums Book by Albert Thiel and shall be reading it as the tank progresses. My past experiances, Alberts book and with your help Im sure this tank will be Awsome.

Patience is a virtue :rolleyes:

Im trying haha

Some good and bad news.

Good news is that I tested out water evap, it took 3 full days whitout a canopy to get the SG to change by 0.01... before I had to top up... NICE!

Also good news, expecting some Red Titan Macro in the mail today, will post pics tomorrow of this.

More Good, I can get some white mirco worms culture from a friend in a week or so, can use them to feed my FW fish and SW inverts :)

The BAD... My friend, while building the stand, he decided that using a Nail Gun was a good idea and a few mins later he missed and well, he drove a 2.5" brad nail into and right through his finger. OUCH... So the stand is in hold for now lol

Archived