Top Shelf Aquatics

Diver's Pony Paradise - New photos! (pg. 64)

Felicia

Congrats on the Coris Wrasse, the yellow is so vibrant, a nice splash of colour to any tank.

Thanks! I do love how vibrant they are. He'll definitely pop in the seahorse tank.

wow yellow coris is one of my fave fish! i miss mine a lot, you have a really nice looking one.

They're definitely great fish.

FF are so shy so that's great that it's not bothered by the wrasse! I'll have to keep the coris in mind as a possibility. It would be nice to have a colorful fish that is always out and about.

Sounds like a great potential for $$$ in your pockets with the seahorses :D.

Yeah, the yellow coris wrasses are very peaceful and a bit shy themselves at first. The one in my main tank is out and about swimming all around the tank now that he's used to it, but he doesn't bother any of the other fish. The new one in the seahorse tank made a brief appearance today, but is back in hiding now. I had to pick a fish that would be peaceful enough to be with the seahorses. I can't have anything that would be aggressive towards the seahorses or take all their food. If its chill enough for seahorses, I don't see why it would bother your pink streaked wrasse any.

Possibly! We'll see! I'm just interested to see if they start mating soon. I haven't seen any mating behavior yet at all.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
SquishyFishy

I feel for you, I was practically hysterical just trying to capture a chromis and get it out of my tank, thought I was killing everything! Cried for 30 minutes...its amazing how bonded we become to these little creatures.

Don't beat yourself over the head about it, we would probably all have done the same. Just remember, God knows when even one sparrow falls to the ground.....In the wild, worse things could happen....you've done well

SquishyFishy

How is this fresh water dip done??? I don't have a QT and need an effective method for ich prevention????

How is this fresh water dip done??? I don't have a QT and need an effective method for ich prevention????

ich prevention?

feed garlic B)

So you acclimate the fish to the new tank as you normally would. I float the bag for 20 minutes first. Then I remove some bag water and add some tank water and wait 15 minutes. I repeat that 2 more times. In the meantime, prepare a bucket of fresh water. About a gallon or two will work and it should be the same RO/DI water you use in your tank if possible. Make sure its heated to the same temp as the tank and you need to adjust the pH to match the tank using buffer. Normally, freshwater will have a pH around 7, while your saltwater tank has a pH around 8.2. Once the temp and pH of the bucket match the tank, then you can add the methylene blue to the water. Add 8 drops per gallon of water and stir it up well. I used a powerhead to make sure it was all mixed. Now, dump the bag of water with the fish in it out over a net, so get the fish with no water. Then put the fish into the FW dip bucket. It will act panicked at first, but then calm down. I've read a recommendation that you do the dip for 30 minutes, but that stresses me out. I did 5 minutes both times I've done it. Your fish may play dead by laying on the bottom after a moment or so. Just nudge it gently with the net and if it starts swimming around again its just fine. Also, I recommend covering the bucket with some sort of lid during this in case the fish tries to jump. I've done this with two jawfish and now my coris wrasse and they've all done great. No signs of disease and they're all happy and healthy.

SquishyFishy

Thanks...I'll try it next newcomer.

BTW Ice, all my fish are fed Spectrum with garlic :rolleyes: You need to read back....

Thanks...I'll try it next newcomer.

BTW Ice, all my fish are fed Spectrum with garlic :rolleyes: You need to read back....

<_< im never one to read a lot lol

SquishyFishy

I have an overactive fear of ich! Anything to help prevent it or get rid of it.....I see it all over everything....even though I don't have it.........yet...... :blink:

i once read a great write up about how ich is always present in you're tank. its about the slime coat fish have the consistently fight it off. and when they lose that coat they attract ich. this might be old news though

I also heard that ich will remain let's say in a common sleeping spot for a fish, so when it returns it'll get ich again. Something like that. And that's another reason why it's hard to get rid of it.

Here's a quick video of the new yellow coris wrasse in the seahorse tank. Please ignore the flatworms on the glass...hopefully those will be gone soon when this guy goes to work!

I love the name Mellow Yellow. Looked like he picked one off the glass around the 34 sec. mark?????

I think he did! I'm not positive though. He's definitely picking around in there and eating something. He doesn't eat the PE mysis I feed but he looks fat and full, so I'm optimistic he's chowing down on flatworms. My other coris demolished the population of them in my other tank.

I think he did! I'm not positive though. He's definitely picking around in there and eating something. He doesn't eat the PE mysis I feed but he looks fat and full, so I'm optimistic he's chowing down on flatworms. My other coris demolished the population of them in my other tank.

I'm pretty sure he got one! He looks VERY plump and healthy. He'll knock them out in no time at all :).

I'm pretty sure he got one! He looks VERY plump and healthy. He'll knock them out in no time at all :).

I picked him out of the bunch that they had because he looked so plump and active. Also, I love the markings on his face. He's so chill too, which is good with the seahorses. He's not bothering them at all or stealing their mysis. He just meanders about and picks at flatworms :)

I love the soft look to this tank, w/ all its fuzzy gorgs and black spiral corals, sponges, and mushrooms- just so damned pretty!

I love the soft look to this tank, w/ all its fuzzy gorgs and black spiral corals, sponges, and mushrooms- just so damned pretty!

Thanks! Its definitely a very relaxing tank with lots of fuzzy things and movement :)

Looks so pretty! I just got done cleaning my tanks too. I love that fresh clean look...wish they stayed that way throughout the week :lol:.

Looks so pretty! I just got done cleaning my tanks too. I love that fresh clean look...wish they stayed that way throughout the week :lol:.

I agree! Especially since I'm fighting flatworms. I scrape them off the glass and then a few hours later they're back to look bad in my photos.

I agree! Especially since I'm fighting flatworms. I scrape them off the glass and then a few hours later they're back to look bad in my photos.

Least you don't have cyano. I'm sure flatworms are just as bad though.
  • 2 weeks later...

That red sponge is so cool, would love to get my hands on one.

Yeah, they're pretty cool and inexpensive. Unfortunately they can be a bit touchy. I got all my sponges from KPA.

how are the xmas worms doing? :D

And nice pics!

They're doing good! I'm glad you enjoyed the pics! I have some more live brine on hand for the seahorses, so I'll try to take a video later today of them hunting :)

Archived