Coral Vue Hydros

Diver's Pony Paradise - New photos! (pg. 64)

Felicia

Everybody's gotta give kudos to those little guys. It's nice to be able to count on something to function like you've been told. Look at all those peppermint shrimp folks have bought and isn't there's just a select variety that actually eats aptasia?

Yeah, these guys ONLY eat flatworms and can't live on anything else, so that works out well :)

OMG - did you catch it's little tongue slipping out and latching on to them like a cartoon? Awesome video. I've never seen them go to town like that. I had two of them at one time years ago and they just disappeared. I think they get caught up in power heads and also get sucked into overflow drains. Foam on the power head intake and overflow usually keeps them around longer.

Yep! Its so cool looking the way they just slurp them up. One of mine has already been MIA for a day or two, but the other is still going strong. My MP10 is turned down on the lowest setting right now and has the foam guard on. My overflow is grated off. Even with the overflow grating, I found the nudibranch in the back chamber earlier today. He doesn't fit through the grating, so he must have climbed up and over the overflow. He was just chilling back there and was just fine when I moved him back into the tank. I sure hope he survives for a few weeks to eat all my flatworms. They're touchy little things.

That is way cool!!!!!!! I thought the other end was the head before watching that video :lol:. I'm glad there is a solution for FW that isn't chemical :).

They're fascinating! Yeah, they're weird looking and its hard to tell whats what on them. They're smushy and just sort of blob like :lol: I was avoiding using FW Exit, so this is a nice alternative.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks, David!

Flatworms are such a pain. Unfortunately, I can't remove all of my rock to try to kill mine. Glad you were able to kill yours!

Here's a video I took yesterday of one of my nudibranchs eating flatworms off the glass. Go nudibranch, go! :) Ignore the crap in the water, I was cleaning the tank and kicked up a bunch of stuff.

Lol! Wow, that thing eats like a chubby! The only thing I would worry about is if the tank runs out of flatworms or the filtration intakes. Otherwise, it should be fine as usual. B)

Sounds like there needs to be a rental program and you can bounce 'em across the community to keep them alive & well. You could call it Nudis for the Cure across America!!!! Of course it would probably raise a few eye brows called that :o

Lol! Wow, that thing eats like a chubby! The only thing I would worry about is if the tank runs out of flatworms or the filtration intakes. Otherwise, it should be fine as usual. B)

Sounds like there needs to be a rental program and you can bounce 'em across the community to keep them alive & well. You could call it Nudis for the Cure across America!!!! Of course it would probably raise a few eye brows called that :o

Yep! I plan to pass it off to someone else when/if it eats all the flatworms.

Another shot of the nudibranch.

http://s289.photobucket.com/user/alatarie/media/BlueVelvetNudi.jpg.html'>BlueVelvetNudi.jpg

Have your spiral wires been losing their flesh at the base or did you buy them like that? Mine has more black at the base now. I'm wondering if it's declining or if it's being stung by some nearby zoas? It never had as much black showing as it does now. It's not a lot but more than when I got it.

Have your spiral wires been losing their flesh at the base or did you buy them like that? Mine has more black at the base now. I'm wondering if it's declining or if it's being stung by some nearby zoas? It never had as much black showing as it does now. It's not a lot but more than when I got it.

Yeah unfortunately, mine have slowly been losing flesh. I feed them all the time, so I don't know what the deal is. There isn't a ton of care info out there for them, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Yeah unfortunately, mine have slowly been losing flesh. I feed them all the time, so I don't know what the deal is. There isn't a ton of care info out there for them, so I'm not sure what the deal is.

Ok :(. At least it seems to be a slow decline. I'm still wondering if the zoas are irritating mine. The wispy skirts do touch them down at the base. I have a feeling it's not that though...bummer.

Ok :(. At least it seems to be a slow decline. I'm still wondering if the zoas are irritating mine. The wispy skirts do touch them down at the base. I have a feeling it's not that though...bummer.

Yeah, mine aren't touching anything but its still happening. From talking to Eddie about it, he's had the same issues. I think they're just not that easy to keep long term which is probably why they're not more popular :(

Yeah, mine aren't touching anything but its still happening. From talking to Eddie about it, he's had the same issues. I think they're just not that easy to keep long term which is probably why they're not more popular :(

Well, at least all three of us are experiencing the same thing with them. Makes it a little easier to know that it's not something just one of us is doing wrong :). Mine doesn't open as much as it used to either. It still does, but not as fully as before. Too bad. I really love them. They are so unique!

Well, count me in as the 4th, I do have some polyp extension and it's back in the 34 but there's an inch of black on the bottom. I dunno.

Polarcollision

I've been watching how the spiral corals do for everyone, hoping to get one at some point. Check out NanoTopia's thread. Last I heard hers is still going strong. Maybe she's on to something that will save your spirals?

I've been watching how the spiral corals do for everyone, hoping to get one at some point. Check out NanoTopia's thread. Last I heard hers is still going strong. Maybe she's on to something that will save your spirals?

I don't think she's had hers as long as us though. Mine just started doing this and I will have had it a year in August, I believe.
Cameron6796

I just realized something really cool, coincidental and irrelevant. This tank was established a day before my bday. We can celebrate this tanks one year I believe lol. I've always loved seahorses they are amazing little creatures. Gosh I need to go to bed I'm stalking everyone's threads. Whats sleep anyways hahah.

Archived