Innovative Marine Aquariums

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That lion is beastly.

They were pretty sweet to watch for a bit. Especially knowing just how strong they truly are

buddy the lion...

Actually this ones name was Chris :lol:

No! But I could have walked with it in another area of the trip. I wasn't feeling up to walking openly with lions though so I stuck to the 4X4

4 things in life I don't mess with. Heights, gas, electric, and any animal bigger than a dog (this also includes spiders) oddly enough, the job I want will entail all of those things.

4 things in life I don't mess with. Heights, gas, electric, and any animal bigger than a dog (this also includes spiders) oddly enough, the job I want will entail all of those things.

+1

No! But I could have walked with it in another area of the trip. I wasn't feeling up to walking openly with lions though so I stuck to the 4X4

I was joking ahah but damn, that's cray.

I would only pet it if it had a muzzle over its mouth lol. Yup, call me a pusss. lol

lol

Oh man, seems I've missed you. I was out of the country and for some reason I never get updates to this thread so I never knew. <_< I Hope you had a good time here. Perhaps next time we can grab a beer. :)

Oh man, seems I've missed you. I was out of the country and for some reason I never get updates to this thread so I never knew. <_< I Hope you had a good time here. Perhaps next time we can grab a beer. :)

Definitely had a good time! The country is amazing. Pretty sure there will be a next time so I'll hold you to that :)

Did a bit of tank clean up today, still needs much more. However, looks like I only lost one zoa frag so thats good.

Uploading over 800 pictures of the trip to my computer now :)

South Africa 2014:

The country was like nothing I ever expected. When most people hear Africa they think the Sahara, and while I knew the South Africa was not like this, I still did not expect it. The landscape is mixed with flatlands, huge mountains, and vineyards everywhere.

Throughout the trip I visited 2 wineries, went on a safari, dove with sharks, rode elephants, explored the city of Cape Town, and went to class a few times. Oh yea, and drank entirely too much :)

Lets go to Amsterdam first!

]14224814276_1f08f52242_z.jpg

14061315989_d6a64c3916_z.jpg

Cape Town here I come

[14245768272_7df8d2cb70_z.jpg

Flying over mars?

14245766672_a686b7f4b4_z.jpg

We have arrived!

14224834366_2203c4eb72_z.jpg

My home for the 2 weeks

14247652244_9a76caa5eb_z.jpg

And where classes were

14061369540_cc29ba6cce_z.jpg

Welcome "braai" (also known as bbq)

14244672031_91ec204a9d_z.jpg

14061387617_af320d76b4_z.jpg

Nanofreak79

Nice to have u backs hope you had a great time, which it looks like you did. Question? What are your settings on your razor. I needed up putting one over the z and p tank. Things are doing pretty good, but we have similar dimensions. Just curious.

Id have to look to be sure but it's around a 11 hour period

Light comes on at 12 and ramps up to around 30 white 40 blue over 2 hours

Continues till peak at around 40 white 60 blue

Ramps down to 30 white 40 blue

10pm goes to 0 white 35 blue for an hour then off.

Glad to be back! More pics will be coming sometime. I'll get you the specific times and % tomorrow if you want. I'm still slowly moving each channel up 1% every 3-4 days

Nanofreak79

That's cool. I'm right about where your at. If you get time I'll take the scheduled points. No hurry.

That's cool. I'm right about where your at. If you get time I'll take the scheduled points. No hurry.

Ok I looked at the schedule here it is. Keep in mind my light is on the legs that stand on the sides of the tank. So not very high off the water

1) 12:30 A0% B0%

2) 13:30 A35% B45%

3) 15:30 A45% B60%

4) 20:00 A35% B45%

5) 22:00 A0% B35%

6) 23:00 A0% B0%

Thanks. How's your stuff doing? Obviously good, but do you think you need more %.

I don't see much growth out of anything lol but everything appears to be healthy. I'm holding off on upping the % any for the time being to see how everything reacts for a bit. Also can't get my sps to color. Don't know if that's a lighting issue though :/

Nanofreak79

Sps and LEDs can be weird. Too brown not enough light bleached and too much light. And then there's the whole need enough nutrients but not too much. Lol. My larger tank has a razor now to. My sps are colored up nicely and some that I bleached are coming back. Keeping a mixed reef is tough IMO. Thanks again for the info.

Sps and LEDs can be weird. Too brown not enough light bleached and too much light. And then there's the whole need enough nutrients but not too much. Lol. My larger tank has a razor now to. My sps are colored up nicely and some that I bleached are coming back. Keeping a mixed reef is tough IMO. Thanks again for the info.

No problem! Mine are a nice shade of brown so maybe I do still need to crank up the light! They're actually growing nicely though so it makes no sense. Z/p don't grow for shit, sps grow nicely but look like a turd :lol: i caught up on your thread today. Looking good for sure

Archived