Coral Vue Hydros

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

• Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just bought an ATO to get used to it and begin tank preparations for being gone for 2.5 weeks

Is there anyone around to watch over the tank while you are gone?

Is there anyone around to watch over the tank while you are gone?

My dad will be able to stop by once a day. He's helped in the past but is never good at topping off so this makes one less thing he has to do

Nanofreak79

Yeah, I'd get a babysitter, like Glenn said. I know I'd never leave that long without worrying to death about things. You've got a lot of nice coral and I assume money tied up in that little tank of yours.

Spectra pure UPLC II
Nice top off, very trustworthy.
Yeah, I'd get a babysitter, like Glenn said. I know I'd never leave that long without worrying to death about things. You've got a lot of nice coral and I assume money tied up in that little tank of yours.

Nice top off, very trustworthy.

I know I'll be worried like no other so I'm doing everything I can to ensure as little can go wrong as possible. Obviously can't be completely fool proof but I'm trying my best!

My dad will be able to stop by once a day. He's helped in the past but is never good at topping off so this makes one less thing he has to do

Well that's good :). Yeah, it would be best to limit his effort as much as possible.

I know I'll be worried like no other so I'm doing everything I can to ensure as little can go wrong as possible. Obviously can't be completely fool proof but I'm trying my best!

That's all you can do :).

Just send me all your zoas and paly's.

You know, that's really not a bad idea. If it were me I would likely be more comfortable knowing that my prized z's and p's were being watched over by someone with some knowledge and experience rather than the guy that forgets to top off (no offence!!). IMO, it would be worth the $100 to ship them there and back.

Nanofreak79

I know I'd send mine to Zach at the digital Fishroom. He's a good friend, and trustworthy. It's nice to have someone you could fall back on.

Just send me all your zoas and paly's.

You know, that's really not a bad idea. If it were me I would likely be more comfortable knowing that my prized z's and p's were being watched over by someone with some knowledge and experience rather than the guy that forgets to top off (no offence!!). IMO, it would be worth the $100 to ship them there and back.

Something to think about. Hmmm. That'd be one heavy box! And no offense taken, especially since it's true :lol:

I know I'd send mine to Zach at the digital Fishroom. He's a good friend, and trustworthy. It's nice to have someone you could fall back on.

I'm fortunate enough to have a couple of people locally that I would not only trust with my tanks, but with a key to my house, lol. BA has been getting a crash course in reefing. He'll have it down sooner than later. I'm sure I could bribe him with corals to come babysit my stuff.

Something to think about. Hmmm. That'd be one heavy box! And no offense taken, especially since it's true :lol:

Zoas really don't need much water for shipping. Granted, it would still be pretty heavy since you have so many sweet corals. Better make that $120-$140 for shipping. Still worth it considering the thousands you have invested in livestock, IMO.

Nanofreak79

I check on my babies many times a day, blowing off fish poop and any debris accumulating. I'm sure everything will be cool.

Nanofreak79

You need to post some more pics. Are you gonna start glueing some of those in? I'm hoping to get a camera tomorrow if everything pans out. Finally have some better shots.

You need to post some more pics. Are you gonna start glueing some of those in? I'm hoping to get a camera tomorrow if everything pans out. Finally have some better shots.

I was actually going to start placing them all the day I found the nudi. Figured it would be easier to monitor them all for signs of trouble from the racks so I left them there. Haven't seen anymore and can't find any eggs but still waiting a bit to glue em down. There's nothing new to take pictures of! I'll see what I can come up with :)

Forget new cameras, how many tanks you got going now?? I saw the 60 in one thread and talk of another!

I will nominate myself for this :lol: as long as I can frag off any new polyps that form :).

I was actually going to start placing them all the day I found the nudi. Figured it would be easier to monitor them all for signs of trouble from the racks so I left them there. Haven't seen anymore and can't find any eggs but still waiting a bit to glue em down. There's nothing new to take pictures of! I'll see what I can come up with :)Forget new cameras, how many tanks you got going now?? I saw the 60 in one thread and talk of another!
Just admit it you have a weird place in your heart for racks like me :).

I will nominate myself for this :lol: as long as I can frag off any new polyps that form :). Just admit it you have a weird place in your heart for racks like me :).

I do like a nice full rack :)

You got room for about 45 frag plugs? :lol:

I do like a nice full rack :)

You got room for about 45 frag plugs? :lol:

I sure do in my NEW sump frag tank. Should have room for about 300 micro plugs :lol:
Nanofreak79
I sure do in my NEW sump frag tank. Should have room for about 300 micro plugs :lol:
I don't think he wanted to hear that....and damn that's a lot of plugs. I hope you plan on utilizing that to spread some love. :)

I was actually going to start placing them all the day I found the nudi. Figured it would be easier to monitor them all for signs of trouble from the racks so I left them there. Haven't seen anymore and can't find any eggs but still waiting a bit to glue em down. There's nothing new to take pictures of! I'll see what I can come up with :)Forget new cameras, how many tanks you got going now?? I saw the 60 in one thread and talk of another!
The 20 long I'm having built might replace that little 1 gallon, I'm not sure. The 60 I got through a GB, and couldn't pass up the opportunity. The 60 was suppose to be for when we moved, but............it's calling my name. It's still in the suv, might put it in storage or just upgrade now. Decisions? I just figured you got that sweet azz camera, why not. How about some selfies.
I don't think he wanted to hear that....and damn that's a lot of plugs. I hope you plan on utilizing that to spread some love. :)The 20 long I'm having built might replace that little 1 gallon, I'm not sure. The 60 I got through a GB, and couldn't pass up the opportunity. The 60 was suppose to be for when we moved, but............it's calling my name. It's still in the suv, might put it in storage or just upgrade now. Decisions? I just figured you got that sweet azz camera, why not. How about some selfies.
I plan on spreading the love later this Summer with a 10 dollar per plug frag sale. I am fragging your polyp tonight :happydance:

I heard that song yesterday for the first time. You talk about annoying lol.
300 damn! That would be sexy holding all sorts of z/p's of every different color!
Like, omg, I'm gonna shoot myslefy. Thanks for fragging me a little somin somin.
I'm ready for the selfie fad to be over :lol:

I plan on spreading the love later this Summer with a 10 dollar per plug frag sale. I am fragging your polyp tonight :happydance: I heard that song yesterday for the first time. You talk about annoying lol.
Frag me something :)

Archived