Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

KG's Reef² Coming Down

kguske2

Without reading anything yet, first question is how toxic is FWE to corals?
I have never had 1 coral die from FWE. Usually bristle stars ball up and I loose a few.
  • Replies 3.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nanofreak79
Do they only lay eggs on zoas? Seems like that would be too easy

They lay them usually on the stalks of the zoas. There round spirals of egg sacks. They could lay them on any nearby coral or rock,just as long as it's easy for the babies to find food right away. As of now no dip kills the eggs, I'm sure your already aware. These little basterds are easier to see at night with a red flashlight. You can pick them off easier that way. Use a turkey baster to get everything to close up and you'll find them and some eggs usually fairly easy.

Your corals will be fine. There are lots of horror stories or should I say newb saying it's bad and they thought everything was dead and dying. Honestly I wouldn't treat my whole tank if it were dangerous. The danger comes when using it of flatworms. They basically burst and cause a contaminated water situation. I do a 20% water change and run carbon after treatment has sat for 2 hours.
Always a noob saying FWE killed a coral. I agree with you 100% Nanofreak.
Nanofreak79

Always a noob saying FWE killed a coral. I agree with you 100% Nanofreak.

Anything not to be liable for there own stupidness.

Edit: stupidness is not a word.

Definitely one or the other! How's the site coming along?

It's getting there. Still loading product and waiting to see who wins the logo contest :).

Just spent the last hour or so taking out both racks and inspecting each frag. No visible eggs so at least that's a positive! Now time to check once lights are out for a bit and see what's moving around

Nanofreak79

If you haven't gotten any frags recently, it's usually a bigger problem. I've never found just one personally. I've had them twice. The first time I saw this really cool glowing thing crawling on the glass......noob, totally figured out I was fd. Second time I got them for an LFS. I dipped and nothing came off the frag. Frag wasn't looking good for days and then bam full blown infestation. And now from being a cheap ass and not restocking my FWE I missed whatever got past the dip again. At least now I have a separate QT and FWE again to notice this before sticking std's in my tank.

Well that would make sense about the recent additions. Let's see I've gotten deliveries on the 6th, 12th, 19th, 20th, and 26th..... *walks away in shame* :lol:

I noticed this one from a weird angle I was like "wtf is the spikes on that polyp" turns out it was the nudi

Nanofreak79

I know when your buying shizz like its goin out of style these things tend to happen. No QT process and this shit tends to happen....me included. Dip all your stuff with FWE from now on. Even I know better.

Well that would make sense about the recent additions. Let's see I've gotten deliveries on the 6th, 12th, 19th, 20th, and 26th..... *walks away in shame* :lol:

I noticed this one from a weird angle I was like "wtf is the spikes on that polyp" turns out it was the nudi

It happens don't stress. I have had FW 2-3 times and bryopsis 4-5 times. Had a tank crash on me once and that was worse than any pest.
Nanofreak79
It happens don't stress. I have had FW 2-3 times and bryopsis 4-5 times. Had a tank crash on me once and that was worse than any pest.

Isn't this hobby awesome.

I know when your buying shizz like its goin out of style these things tend to happen. No QT process and this shit tends to happen....me included. Dip all your stuff with FWE from now on. Even I know better.

Definitely. Coral rx per usual and fwe!

Isn't this hobby awesome.
Yes it is lol. Buy some coral and it melts :). Buy a light for X and sell it 6 months later for half price. Buy some cool frags to spend more money to rid a pest the frag brought in. Just like owning a boat a hole in the water you throw money into.
Nanofreak79
Yes it is lol. Buy some coral and it melts :). Buy a light for X and sell it 6 months later for half price. Buy some cool frags to spend more money to rid a pest the frag brought in. Just like owning a boat a hole in the water you throw money into.

Hahahaha, so true. Glad I don't own a boat too.

Hahahaha, so true. Glad I don't own a boat too.

I always wanted a boat :lol:

So while scouring the tank tonight for any nudis, I found this guy instead. Not a clue what kind of snail it is! I think it's a stomatella!

62342460-01FF-419B-8577-1C9889390CAF.jpg

It happens at every level, unfortunately. In the past two weeks ive had no less than 10 acro colonies stn on me, or completely brown out, and a REALLY nice scoly just up and die for absolutely no reason. One day it looked fantastic, the next day it was nothing but a white skeleton. The other scoly sitting right next to it still looks great today..just the way it goes sometimes.

Nanofreak79
It happens at every level, unfortunately. In the past two weeks ive had no less than 10 acro colonies stn on me, or completely brown out, and a REALLY nice scoly just up and die for absolutely no reason. One day it looked fantastic, the next day it was nothing but a white skeleton. The other scoly sitting right next to it still looks great today..just the way it goes sometimes.

I hate acros.....kidding mine are making a comeback, finally.

looking good bud!

Thanks man!

Dude. That's about to fall over... LOL

Well I would move them to the other rack but I filled that one up a little too much :) gotta save room for incoming additions. And the local frag meet is this weekend! First time going to there's no telling what I'll come back with

Middle Tennesee frag swap tomorrow afternoon wonder what I'll come back with! Any tips for attending as this will be my first?

Archived