inTank Media Baskets

BC14 revamp... New Pic in first post 12/13/13

notwithit

Happy fun times.. Filled the two 40B's to leak test and forgot I was doing so on the second one..... Forced garage cleaning ensued!!

The wife was less than thrilled.

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Happy fun times.. Filled the two 40B's to leak test and forgot I was doing so on the second one..... Forced garage cleaning ensued!!

The wife was less than thrilled.

haha, ya I have to make RO/DI water in my bathtub because I always forget it and it overflows.

Coolhandreefer

haha, ya I have to make RO/DI water in my bathtub because I always forget it and it overflows.

I've forgot it so many times. I tell myself I'll remember, yea right but now I set an alarm for it lol.

Well the garage is now a bit cleaner :-D..

The tanks are doing their leak test thing for another couple days.... I looked at my Mag 5 and realized that I gave my friend back the wrong pump...... SOOOOOO time to look for a new pump for the return..

Anyone suggestions for a return pump? Was thinking about a three chamber sump with display draining into the middle of the sump, fuge on one side and chemical/return on the opposite side.

I've forgot it so many times. I tell myself I'll remember, yea right but now I set an alarm for it lol.

Me too. :blush: :lol:

Wheres the updates! I only leak tested mine for an hour. :scarry: :scarry: :scarry:

Lol! I found out my pump has no impeller anymore and thus doesn't work. Ordering a new pump soon. Was at the er yesterday with my beautiful bride making sure all was well with our new addition due in March. :) The 40 build is going to be pretty slow until I'm full time with my job. Thanks for the reminder!

oooo congrats! How exciting :) Kids love fish tanks, you got an early start! :D

Sounds like this build is going to be an extended version. Baby in march, two vacations, and a new job + multiple business trips to california. Woot woot!

Sounds like this build is going to be an extended version. Baby in march, two vacations, and a new job + multiple business trips to california. Woot woot!

Busy, busy! You will still have the BC14 until its up and running though.

Water change today.

The blastos have gotten quite large. Wish there was more flow in the tank but couldnt find the pads for my other koralia nano to add it to the tank. Zoa's are blowing up the tank and things are looking nicer since raising ph and calcium.

Ohh and dosing iodide has certainly made corals love life much more.

Thanks all!

Clownfish doesnt seem to be as active as usual after water change... Strange...

In other news, I got a free 40B stand today.. Yeehaw!

Suppose it'd be good to throw new pics in here....

Yesterday I got a suggestion from the glorious pregnant beautiful wife that went something like, "You know... Those aquariums sitting in the garage full of water sure do take a lot of space up"... So extended leak test is now complete :-D.

It is good to get free stuff. Too bad the stuff to put in it is not free. :)

Chinese proverb: Keeping happy a pregnant wife, is the secret to a long life.

:lol:

lol. I wish I could get this phone to do the correct settings.

I'm battling ever increasing numbers of chaeto and trying to get that evil algae crap off the rocks. If I had a second tank set up I'd gladly pull all the fish and coral off, do some rescaping, and be so stinking happy. At some point the 40's will be up and running though so all in good time.

Aw! Did you sneak in a picture of your baby frag in here? :wub:

Is this your first? Exciting! :D

Tis my first :-D. My wife has been incredible so far and I'm so proud and blessed to have her by my side! Hopefully I can be the support she'll need.....

Bring on the meltdowns in the kitchen over spilled milk!!!

There weren't too many meltdowns at my house. But I did feel like I could face down anyone who gave me grief, even the Pope. I was a tiger mom even before the kids were born. :D

You guys will have so much fun. I know it is a cliche but it really is true; time flies before our eyes, so enjoy every moment. :)

There weren't too many meltdowns at my house. But I did feel like I could face down anyone who gave me grief, even the Pope. I was a tiger mom even before the kids were born. :D

You guys will have so much fun. I know it is a cliche but it really is true; time flies before our eyes, so enjoy every moment. :)

Tis the trend for my wife. Both of us are very.... strong willed already... lol.

Doing ok. Tried to convince the wife we should put the piano somewhere else so I could do the 40b.... that went over like refried beans and ramen. "Don't ask".

Got an acan yesterday. It would be so much easier to go topless and run a razor nano for even coverage but man that money could go towards the 40 instead. Hmm... wonder if my buddy has a qt tank I could borrow to rescape and redo the 14.

Archived