Coral Vue Hydros

Why do people get rid of their MP10?

Grumblecakes

endless debate, each to their own. Which one is better really depends on who's the person that's using them.

I only chip in because I cannot stand that people think stuffs made in China is inferior than stuffs made somewhere else and at the same time, maybe 80% of the things that we are using at the moments are all made in China. Its the double standards that are getting on my nerve.

Heck, if you have the money to blow on 10 mp10s, by all mean go ahead, and I will only appraise you how good you are in your financial situation and wish you make more and more money.

Last post for me on this topic.

Have a nice day.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Based on resale value an mp10 will actually only cost about $25 more than a wp25, besides the upfront cost.

235-180=$55 loss

80?-50?=$30 loss

55-30=$25

What now? :P

I have a hard time comparing Vortechs to any other powerhead on the market. I know they have their cons, but to me the overriding factor is the space the powerhead takes up in the tank. In that regard, Vortech currently has no competition. I'm not talking customer service, quality, etc. I am simply stating that no one can compete with Vortech on bulkiness in the tank at this point in time. For me, the small, sleek design of the MP10 is well worth the money. With a nano tank, having one of those bulky, huge powerheads in there is just so distracting from the beauty of the tank. I don't want bulky equipment jarring the illusion of a natural reef. Basically, you can have an inch and a half of MP10 in your tank or you can have 5-6" of another powerhead. No comparison on that front.

The killer is that fugly cord hanging over a nice rimless tank. I will keep my Vortech.

Since you dicked me over on that mp10 by not screwing battle athletics, I am going to probably have that fugly cord in my tank.

Based on resale value an mp10 will actually only cost about $25 more than a wp25, besides the upfront cost.

235-180=$55 loss

80?-50?=$30 loss

55-30=$25

What now? :P

I can pull numbers out of my butt too.

Griever do you work for Jebao? I've never seen anyone defend a $70 piece of equipment for 7 pages the way you have. I think the wheels fell off this one a few pages ago.

Griever do you work for Jebao? I've never seen anyone defend a $70 piece of equipment for 7 pages the way you have. I think the wheels fell off this one a few pages ago.

I just don't like it when people who've never touched a product talk bad about it. That and I admittedly like to rile people up, so I'll often take the unpopular view and argue it as far as I can while staying within the realm of truth. I think of them as mental workouts. :D

Besides, at this point we're just beating dead horses and no vauable discussion was happening anyway...

reefernanoman

seems like this threads really turning into an argument so ill try to get it back on track

i happen to own both a mp10 and a wp25 , i personally dislike my mp10 not because of the cost i know this is an expensive hobby and ive accepted that so i didnt mind shelling out the extra cash for it but here are my pros and cons

Pros:

moves water well

lots of different settings

good random flow setting

can be adjusted to a very low flow (200gph)

smaller footprint(can fit in smaller tanks i would not put a wp25 in my bc14 but the mp10 fits fine)

Cons:

cost (but lets be honest if its not free cost is always a con ! )

very very lou(the whining noise is getting to be almost unbearable i assume i need new bearings)

i feel that the flow doesnt reach very far( when i used it on my 20 long the opposite side was very low flow compared to closer to the pump which is true in all cases but i feel like it should have been able to reach that far without having to turn it up so high)

now as for the wp25 ive had mine for a couple of weeks and im impressed, of course long term who knows what could happen but we know for a fact mp10 will need bearing or it will be obnoxiously loud. So with that being said its a little soon to tell the furure of the wp line. but here are my pros nd cons for it.

Pros:

moves alot of water for a small powerhead(1 wp25 in a 90gallon reef is plenty of flow )

random mode is good

fairly inexpensive

Cons:

cannot be used in a smaller tank (would never fit in my bc14)

reliability? (well see what happens a few years from now)

no or little customer support

cord in the tank(i like how the mp10 allows all cables to be outside of the tank)

but with all that being said each one serves its own purpose, for my bc14 i wont use anything but an mp10 but when it comes to my 90 gallon i wouldnt shell out the money for an mp40 so to me each serves a different purpose. at the end of the day both pumps move water and it comes down to which do you think is the lesser of 2 evils bassically , do you want to spend the extra money or take a chance that the cheaper one will last you a few years. thats something every person will have to decide for themself.

I currently have a tunze 6025 in my nanocube 28g,. Do you know if the wp25 is the same size? Thanks.

I currently have a tunze 6025 in my nanocube 28g,. Do you know if the wp25 is the same size? Thanks.

They should be approximately the same size.

reefernanoman

I have a tunze 6025 which looks similar to the wp25, and I wonder if the bracket holding the wp25 would break in the future like it broke on my pump, which would suck big time.

Deleted User 4

You've yet to actually contribute anything to the thread. All you've come here with is how your "3 friends" all bought it and then sold them. Then you personally owned one and sold it because it was too loud and bulky, but had a terrible time with their support. For what? It being noisy? Or were you trying to fix it being bulky over the phone? Cited you've seen tons of negative reviews, which is odd because I'm on several sites and the feedback I've seen from people who buy them has been overwhelmingly positive. Very few people have had issues beyond simple ones that they were able to fix themselves.

If you want to be helpful, post some interesting comparisons. Maybe specific things you didn't like about the pump. Just putting in "china?lol" doesn't help anyone. All you're doing is rehashing things that have been discussed ad nausium in this thread and others.

I've posted my personal feedback on both pumps in question in this thread, and even posted an in depth review of the Jaebo where I talked about the drawbacks and that it's obviously not as good of a product, but for 1/3rd of the cost it doesn't need to wax my car, just push water. All in this very thread, which you would know had you read it all instead of dribbling the same tired talking points.

To be completely frank, I don't believe you've actually owned a Jaebo. I've had both and because the Jaebo is completely inside the tank, it's much quieter, and if you put it in your 35 gallon, that'd be like putting a MP60 in there. It would have turned into an instant snowglobe. Of course you could have a 90 gallon tank that you never talk about, but I doubt it.

Dayummm, someone just got powned. (realreefer)

reefernanoman

Saw some wp25 videos and it looks almost identical to the tunze 6025. I wonder if I would see a difference in flow in my 28g?

Saw some wp25 videos and it looks almost identical to the tunze 6025. I wonder if I would see a difference in flow in my 28g?

Hey, someone who's not a moron! The wp25 should indeed be compared to a tunze. It's nothing like a vortech.

Hey, someone who's not a moron! The wp25 should indeed be compared to a tunze. It's nothing like a vortech.

no one knows what tunze is.. come on :)

BOOYAH!

Looks like it'll work fine in a 17g tank.

Nice videos, looks like it will work on wavemaker mode on a small tank but It's kind of really loud and annoying when it is making waves and no way I could listen to that all day. I believe all/most wavemakers are annoying like that though so not unexpected.

Deleted User 4

Nice videos, looks like it will work on wavemaker mode on a small tank but It's kind of really loud and annoying when it is making waves and no way I could listen to that all day. I believe all/most wavemakers are annoying like that though so not unexpected.

Yeah, I agree with you...I noticed the sound of that thing, holy crap, so loud lmao....but I really do like the waves it promotes.

I might have to consider one ahha later on, make the water level low and make that sexy wave come along. Peace.

Yeah, I agree with you...I noticed the sound of that thing, holy crap, so loud lmao....but I really do like the waves it promotes.

I might have to consider one ahha later on, make the water level low and make that sexy wave come along. Peace.

LOL I had a wavemaker on for like.. all of .. a half a day before I turned it off. Trust me.. you will go insane. :)

Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...

Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...

Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...Bzzzt...

Bzzzt...

Dayummm, someone just got powned. (realreefer)
Not another one.. (Illu) lol

I have a hard time comparing Vortechs to any other powerhead on the market. I know they have their cons, but to me the overriding factor is the space the powerhead takes up in the tank. In that regard, Vortech currently has no competition. I'm not talking customer service, quality, etc. I am simply stating that no one can compete with Vortech on bulkiness in the tank at this point in time. For me, the small, sleek design of the MP10 is well worth the money. With a nano tank, having one of those bulky, huge powerheads in there is just so distracting from the beauty of the tank. I don't want bulky equipment jarring the illusion of a natural reef. Basically, you can have an inch and a half of MP10 in your tank or you can have 5-6" of another powerhead. No comparison on that front.
+1 well said
Welp. I'll let y'all know how I like it when it gets here. It will be ran in conjunction with my mp10.

Haven't you been reading the thread? If you put both in the same tank they'll fight to the death!

Haven't you been reading the thread? If you put both in the same tank they'll fight to the death!
the bigger, badder powerhead will come out victorious. The loser will need to take its propeller fins and driver and get the #### out to make room for another winner.

the bigger, badder powerhead will come out victorious. The loser will need to take its propeller fins and driver and get the #### out to make room for another winner.

You should video tape it. It could be the nano-reef version of Bum Fights.

I am seriously debating wp25 vs mp10 for my 29 gallon tank Im setting up. I have seem some videos of one on a 29 g at full speed and it didnt seem like too much current IMO. I was on that fishstreet website and they also sell Sunsun products which gives me more confidence. I have a sunsun canister filter that is pretty awesome and costs like half of an eheim. If the WP25 has the same value it would be hard to pass it up.

edit

On ebay they have the wp25 with the "new" controller that allows you to adjust flow. Does this come standard on all the new wp25 even from fishstreet?

Archived