Top Shelf Aquatics

Why do people get rid of their MP10?

Grumblecakes

I don't think I'd ever say Jebao is a better quality than ecotech. I honestly think that'd be a bold statement. I would also say that the customer service from ecotech is excellent. I recently purchased a used mp10 that was quite loud from the second I turned it on. Figured it needed bearings, ordered new bearings and did not fix it at all. Called ecotech and the guy although the thing was well out of warranty was very helpful. I did end up giving the mp10 back who I bought it from and ordered a wp25. Main reason was because for what I paid for the used mp10+ a new wetside I would be very close to just buying a brand new mp10. I wasn't too impressed with mp10, maybe because it needed something new but it just wasn't what I was expecting. They're definitely nice pumps and had it not had problems I would still have it and not have ordered a wp25. I've seen the wp25 and 40 in person and the 25 isn't too big, same thing with the 40, honestly for the sized tank you'd have to need a 40 it doesn't take up too much space. Both the 25 and 40 for the price are actually very impressive. The 25's and 40's really aren't even that loud either. The one gripe I really have about the wp's is their speed controller, it's only 3 settings vs the mp's which has 12 if I remember correctly. In the end though I really don't think it matter honestly who spends more money on certain things and then less on another thing. Sometimes it seems this hobby is such a pissing conest as to who has more money dumped in their tank. This really is a hobby for people to enjoy and learn from others so does it really matter who can afford what and who can't? Maybe some people just don't want to shell out the extra cost of the ecotech, which is totally reasonable to me. I never suggest buying cheap $hit ever but when it comes to a powerhead that does ALMOST as much as the more expensive one for 1/3 the cost. I've seen quite a few tanks with wp40's and are all doing fantastic and I might add they've all been running for quite a few months without any issues.

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Jackal_Knight

man mp10s look sweet i wan't one for my small tank but i gotta eat... or do i? <_<

if i had a larger tank i would just settle for a wp25 since everyone says there great, but it might just blow water out of my small tank.

guess I'll stick to my koralia 240 on the smart waves does its job well.

Exactly, as long as there are no power heads taking up so little space I will continue to pay for vortechs.

Cheap people will be cheap, I could buy an mp10 every week if I wanted to.

since your balling,you should buy me one :D. share the love

So jebao is better than ecotech?

Is your question even relevant to my comment?

But just to answer your question, yes from my perspective, it is better than mp10.

BigBlueReef
They also hold their value well. Most MP10's sell quickly. So anyone in need of cash can make a quick buck by selling one. Don't hesitate on purchasing one, they are worth the cash.
+1

I sold my MP10 and bought a WP40 and WP25 for my 100 gallon.. I have my 40 on a voltage regulator(12 volts) and the 25 straight.. I have great water movement in tank.. My WP25 on 100% power on steady flow has way more force than my MP10 had.. I use the WP25 on 75% power at the lowest speed.. These things are a beast and you cant even tell they are on.. Now we wait and see if they hold up..

That's the thig, I hope they last. If I get a year out of mine I'm happy. A wp25 on a 40B perfect IMO.

My WP25 is right at about 60 days and still going strong. Still quiet, and still pushing a ton of water! :)

I assumed they were going to be loud. I can't ever hear mine. The only time I can hear it is when everyone else is asleep and the apartment is dead quiet but even then I can hear my skimmer of the 25 anyways.

Deleted User 4

After reading all the arguments about wp vs mp, I would say that I wouldn't be surprised if wp becomes a competitor of mp. Not that I support wp...I don't have any sort of powerhead in my tank, but the arguments for wp was just much overpowering.

Don't worry guys, I'm taiwanese not chinese. Hahahah!!

BeardedReeferLLC

After reading all the arguments about wp vs mp, I would say that I wouldn't be surprised if wp becomes a competitor of mp. Not that I support wp...I don't have any sort of powerhead in my tank, but the arguments for wp was just much overpowering.

:slap:

i would say from where i come from (singapore) ALOT of people have changed their mp10/40 to WP25/40. i think wp has already become a competitor of MP. IMO.

You think it's "ignorant" to argue stuff like this but you just went far beyond your way to make your point.

Don't know much about Jebao wp25/40's, but I do know its straight out of China. Good luck with customer service issues and warranty claims on these units. If this is Ecotech's best competition, it's really not much of a battle between the two units. The Jebao has probably the largest profile of any powerhead and a few random flow settings. The only thing it has going for it is the price. IMO you get what you pay for. Plus I'd rather support an American company.

+100 lol. There's no need to skimp in this hobby the wp series just came out and already have some pretty bad reviews so how can someone acualy debate them with an mp?I have 3 friends that already sold there wp 25 and 40s.you get what you pay for. Go with whats tried and true and the company with the great customer service. Buy once and forget it! What if your pump goes out? Would you rather wait 1 day for ecotech to overnight you a replacement or wait a month to receive one from china?lol

+100 lol. There's no need to skimp in this hobby the wp series just came out and already have some pretty bad reviews so how can someone acualy debate them with an mp?I have 3 friends that already sold there wp 25 and 40s.you get what you pay for. Go with whats tried and true and the company with the great customer service. Buy once and forget it! What if your pump goes out? Would you rather wait 1 day for ecotech to overnight you a replacement or wait a month to receive one from china?lol

I know more than 3 people that sold their mp10 / mp40 for wp25/wp40. Have you tried them? or you are just saying it because you spent money on a mp10/mp40? Have you had any experiences with Jebao's customer service? Why are you assuming that the local store won't have the Jebao pumps in stock? What makes made in China inferior to made in USA? Do you know that more than 80% of the stuffs that you are using/wearing/eating are all imported from China?

It is true that you get what you pay for, but when you factor in the value that you are getting, Jebao's pumps are worth far more value than the Ecotech.

I know more than 3 people that sold their mp10 / mp40 for wp25/wp40. Have you tried them? or you are just saying it because you spent money on a mp10/mp40? Have you had any experiences with Jebao's customer service? Why are you assuming that the local store won't have the Jebao pumps in stock? What makes made in China inferior to made in USA? Do you know that more than 80% of the stuffs that you are using/wearing/eating are all imported from China?

It is true that you get what you pay for, but when you factor in the value that you are getting, Jebao's pumps are worth far more value than the Ecotech.

Yes iv dealt with there customer service and its pretty bad,Yes I had a wp 40 and I sold it few days after receiving it because it was noisy and to bulky,And I know many that have other problems with them.so ya lol anything else?theres no argument on whats better its hilarious when people try and compare the two.we don't skimp on skimmers and other equipment so why skimp on a pump? BUY ONCE
BeardedReeferLLC

I like to save a buck just as much as the next reefer, just with my upcoming build Ive done a lot, and I say A LOT of research on more "cost affective" products and Ive read far too many horror stories about a chinese LED burining a house down, or a chinese pump shorting out and causing an electrical fire or serious electricution to a child. Theres been toddlers seriously injured by stray currents, theres been numorus house fires, tank crashes, ect. all resulting from a poorly made mass produced Chinese product. Until these types of products are better tested for our type of use I would stay away.

IMO its not worth the couple hundred dollars you may save when you factor in everyhting there is to risk. Did you know Chinese manufacturers will build anything to spec if you can send them a spec? Doesnt mean they have tested their product or met any fo the guildlines of the product they are trying to replicate, all they do is replicate it, the rest is on you.

I'm didn't read the thread, but the only reason I would imagine getting rid of mine I'd because I'm upgrading to a larger tank and need an mp40. Anyone who buys that Chinese knockoff crap is a piece of shit and NOT a good US citizen, they're the kind of people that drive rat/jap/US make foreign assembled cars.

BeardedReeferLLC

I'm didn't read the thread, but the only reason I would imagine getting rid of mine I'd because I'm upgrading to a larger tank and need an mp40. Anyone who buys that Chinese knockoff crap is a piece of shit and NOT a good US citizen, they're the kind of people that drive rat/jap/US make foreign assembled cars.

As much as I'm against these pumps this post was uncalled for... and on top of that your a complete dumb ass to boot. Can someone swing a ban-hammer on him?

As much as I'm against these pumps this post was uncalled for... and on top of that your a complete dumb ass to boot. Can someone swing a ban-hammer on him?

Lol, I bet you drive a Kia. Leave your feelings somewhere else.

As for the ban, wouldn't be the first, I was looking for a forum when I found this one.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of car do you drive?

BeardedReeferLLC

Lol, I bet you drive a Kia. Leave your feelings somewhere else.

As for the ban, wouldn't be the first, I was looking for a forum when I found this one.

I actually own a 2008 VW Jetta.. But thanks for asking hillbilly.

Just out of curiosity, what kind of car do you drive?

UAW GMC Sierra

I actually own a 2008 VW Jetta.. But thanks for asking hillbilly.

Called it. You drive a foreign ratmobile. Did you put one of those US flag magnet/sticker deals on it too? I prefer to spend it where I make it.

Archived