SaltCritters.com

Why do people get rid of their MP10?

Grumblecakes

You're right. It's known for Chinese crap

I saw your username earlier and didn't think anything of it, now I'm drunk and see boobs :)

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It is a no name company from China. They are knock offs of the Tunze nano stream. You will have no warranty, no support, the "company" has no representation in the USA. You will be happy with such a cheap price but when it breaks you won't have a company like EcoTech to take care of you. You guys all cry about price but then cry when things break.

I'm sure the WP-25 is UL approved. lol

Actually, I have seen a lot of thread about Ecotech pumps breaking a few days after the warranty and them refusing to refund it.

And I say again: has anybody seen a documented instance of a wp-xx pump breaking AND not being refunded by Jebao? I find that exceedingly unlikely. All my dealings wit overseas companies have never yielded bad feelings.

Just to chime in and bump my sale thread.

I'm selling mine to buy (most of) a Sigma 50mm 1.4 camera lens. I value my money in the bank more than that lens, but I do not value a (sort of) liquid asset like this pump as much as the lens. Economics yo!

I didn't read any of this, but I imagine it's gotten no where like every other time this argument got started.

Actually, I have seen a lot of thread about Ecotech pumps breaking a few days after the warranty and them refusing to refund it.

And I say again: has anybody seen a documented instance of a wp-xx pump breaking AND not being refunded by Jebao? I find that exceedingly unlikely. All my dealings wit overseas companies have never yielded bad feelings.

A lot like 2 or more?

Their warranty is 2 years, which is pretty good IMO. I've seen "a lot" of threads where they helped the customer past that 2 year mark. If you are referring to the thread where the guy was in Canada that has to do with 1. a warranty deadline and 2. international dealers making the final say.

Buy China, live China, we make you happy!

I like what they can do but I don't like the sound! They sound like a dirtbike if you have a tank with a fishroom so there is nothing else to drown out the loud noise. I am going with tunze and I dont mind the heat in the tank I think it will help less work for my heaters, I live in the northeast. I will have a controller with my tunze and it will be just as expensive as running ecotech but it will be silent!

I've never tried the Jebaos but I have had my MP10 pumps for 4 years now and they are still running strong without servicing. They are certainly not silent but they're not loud either. I got used to them.

I have an original mp10, and an mp20, both of which still work today. That said, over time, the whirling noise they make when they crank up on pulse mode has gotten louder. Now, it isnt loud enough to be bothersome to me as my tanks are in my basement, but i think its the opposite for many people based on tank location. If it was in my bedroom, it would drive me batsheet crazy. I can actually hear my mp10 when in my living room, one floor above the tank.

I still have the original mp10 and 20 as well. If you clean the wet side regularly they stay quiet. Mine are both well over 4 years old now, and I bought the mp20 used!

I was looking to get an mp10 for a while and have been looking at used stuff, but after visiting a local reefer/grower on Monday and seeing that 3 out of 8 of his mp10s and mp40s have awful bearings after only a couple years, I'll probably look into the wp25 now.

After seeing and hearing the mp10/mp40s in person I just have a hard time buying one now, and especially a used one.

Mine was just noisy in certain modes. Not a bad bearing (I tested another dry side). I guess thats the trade off for not having the motor housing within the tank.

BeardedReeferLLC

mp10s and mp40s have awful bearings after only a couple years, I'll probably look into the wp25 now.

Smart choice... :rolleyes: Good Luck with customer service.

Meep: All my dealings wit overseas companies have never yielded bad feelings.

Because you talk to google translator.

A buddy of mine had a problem arise with the controller on his wp40 and contacted the company and they replaced it with no questions asked. A guy on another forum ordered an wp25 from Fish Street and it went from Hong kong to Ohio in less than 48 hours. So far so good.

• 4 weeks later...

Well i just put a Jebao wp25 in my biocube 29 and it moves plenty of water. I mean ecotech has thier benefits of customizing and adjusting their mp10s but for $90, this Jebao is great. I have only had one problem with my Jebao wp25, it flows too much but now their new controller has speed settings which the older style controller does not have (its cheap to upgrade to the new controller $13 plus shipping). I have an older controller and i had to buy an inline power dimmer ($5 on ebay) to lower the voltage getting to the controller, i plan on buying the new controller soon. The key of this pump in nano tanks is placement, if you dont place the pump right it will start blowing sand around, which it is still doing in my tank. i have to play with it a little and make the proper adjustments. i keep my pump on W1 with the dial at halfway towards the right for a longer wave.

A buddy of mine had a problem arise with the controller on his wp40 and contacted the company and they replaced it with no questions asked. A guy on another forum ordered an wp25 from Fish Street and it went from Hong kong to Ohio in less than 48 hours. So far so good.

it appears fish street has great customer service so far. I have heard from plenty of people on RC that they are great and are quick shippers

I have a WP-25 now, buying 2 more. I will not replace my MP10 in my 40, I like it too much for what it does. As I posted in my thread, the WP-25 seems to be an exact copy, or actually IS, a Tunze with an added controller. The similarities, including construction of the base, are striking.

I have a mp10, a wp25, and a wp40.

Honestly speaking, the only 2 things that I see a mp10 is better than a wp25 are the space it takes up, and the ability to fine tune the flow power. Other than these 2, wp25 is hands down on par or better.

Customer service? Why would you expect on par customer service when wp25 is only 1/3 of mp10wes? Heck, if the pump breaks down after 1 year or 2, I can buy a new one and STILL come a head. As for WP40 vs MP40, I can't really say anything as I don't own a MP40, but hell, its like $110 for WP40 and how much does MP40 cost?

I would add lack of heat as well, for a benefit. This is a huge plus in my 40, which ran 3 degrees hotter until I added the MP10.

One thing i will say is that fish street has also started to sell parts of the jebao pumps like controllers, light switch, impellers, etc. Seems like they are delivering what us as customers want. As far as customer service, there are some guys on the other forum RC, who have gotten new pumps and broken parts replaced. I have heard that Fish Street is doing pretty about good customer service for being a foreign company.

rmacedo2010

Funny I see this all the time also and I ask myself constantly should I buy one or not I here they are awesome and I do agree the a the different modes are sweet but I also here that they are noisy and I have been told that they need rebuilding. But I guess I need to buy one to test this theory

Funny I see this all the time also and I ask myself constantly should I buy one or not I here they are awesome and I do agree the a the different modes are sweet but I also here that they are noisy and I have been told that they need rebuilding. But I guess I need to buy one to test this theory

i thought about it like that at first until i finally bought one and put it in my tank. it does give off a little noise, but its not horrible to the point that its annoying. I haven't had one that long to need rebuilding but we will see in time. worst come to worst, i will get an MP10 later if this Jebao turns out to be crap, but so far its doing its thing.

My friend (texass2323) just got a wp25 and a wp45 for his new tank. Personally, if price isn't an issue I would still prefer a vortech over a jabeo because the flow from the jabeo is MUCH more laminar. However, the amount of water that those jabeo's move is very impressive. Both jabeos are considerably stronger than the comparable vortech. Great pumps for the $$$ and dead silent. Tunze definitely has some competition.

You fell off the wagon? Again?

That was like 6 weeks ago, I got back on the wagon. Sucks I had well over 100 days and messed it up.

100 days? That's pretty darn good. I stopped at a full month.

The WP25 and WP40s are relatively new pumps in terms of life cycle. I'm waiting to see how they perform long term in a couple more years or so. Even if they die out in a couple of years, they're still a fraction of the cost, so it isn't bad if anything.

As for me, I'm sticking to Vortechs for the fit and finish. There's really nothing with a smaller footprint in the tank than these and the amount of flow they put out is amazing (coming from someone that had 3 MP40 in a 33G as well as a MP40 in a 3.5G...MP20s and MP10s weren't around at the time). Those 3 MP40s are still in operation with new wet sides. I sold those off to a buddy of mine when I took a hiatus and he's still using them (going on 4 years).

100 days? That's pretty darn good. I stopped at a full month.

The WP25 and WP40s are relatively new pumps in terms of life cycle. I'm waiting to see how they perform long term in a couple more years or so. Even if they die out in a couple of years, they're still a fraction of the cost, so it isn't bad if anything.

As for me, I'm sticking to Vortechs for the fit and finish. There's really nothing with a smaller footprint in the tank than these and the amount of flow they put out is amazing (coming from someone that had 3 MP40 in a 33G as well as a MP40 in a 3.5G...MP20s and MP10s weren't around at the time). Those 3 MP40s are still in operation with new wet sides. I sold those off to a buddy of mine when I took a hiatus and he's still using them (going on 4 years).

Exactly, as long as there are no power heads taking up so little space I will continue to pay for vortechs.

Cheap people will be cheap, I could buy an mp10 every week if I wanted to.

Exactly, as long as there are no power heads taking up so little space I will continue to pay for vortechs.

Cheap people will be cheap, I could buy an mp10 every week if I wanted to.

Please do not make assumptions that people buying wp25 are cheap. I have a mp10 AND wp25 AND wp40. I am definitely NOT cheap towards this hobby. Its an alternative not because I am cheap.

Please do not make assumptions that people buying wp25 are cheap. I have a mp10 AND wp25 AND wp40. I am definitely NOT cheap towards this hobby. Its an alternative not because I am cheap.

So jebao is better than ecotech?

Archived