Coral Vue Hydros

THE OFFICIAL TRIDACNID CLAM THREAD

ZephNYC

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

.....On an unrelated note. Guess what my X wife wants in my divorce settlement ???

What would be the ONE thing I couldnt live without...

.....the one thing that would hurt me the most ???

YES SHE WANTS MY GIGAS CLAM AND IM NOT KIDDING. In fact a court appointed "fish expert" will be paying me a visit to appraise my fish room and its total worth, as most of these items are considered marital assets. My Attorney assures me I wont lose my clam, but I will have to pay her for half of whatever this putz puts on my fish.

LESSON TO THE KIDZ !!! NEVER...EVER...GET MARRIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!

A woman scorned...

Does she even care about it? Or is she just doing this to twist the dagger?

jedimaster1138

As a NYC taxpayer I am offended and disgusted at the lengths this woman is going through to hurt you, however possible, and the level of time and $ being wasted by the court to hear her demands. She (and her ambulance chasing attorney) should simply accept whatever is a normal cash settlement for a divorce and be on their way. The judge needs to grow a pair and start squashing their demands and the time they are spending to flesh out. They are putting an unnecessary burden on the already way too busy legal system and are tying up the court's docket just so she can twist the knife.

Also, I'd like her address. I am going to start bottling up skimmate :)

We'll considering that a $7500 setup would maybe sell for $3000 on craigslist... ok $2500 (lowballin pieces of dirt) maybe, and that's with furniture quality stand... U prob don't have much to worry about.

Well damn hope you dont loose your clam

THanks. Im assured I wont actually loose the clam. She couldnt care for a Gigas if her life depended on it. Im DYING to see what price tag this so called "fish expert" places on it. A court appointed " fish expert".... LOL....what a joke. I cant wat to test his knowledge. Im trusting he wont have a clue how much a Christmas Island black tang is worth.

A woman scorned...

Does she even care about it? Or is she just doing this to twist the dagger?

Shes cares about it like the dog we purchased together, which she couldnt live without, had to have, and promised she would walk and care for.

...I dont think she ever walked it once in 13 years....lol. Shes just twisting the knife for sure.

The coney island aquarium emails you say you get about donating the clam. That's your proof that it's a charity item, it is worth zero.

Its worth whatever the appraiser says its worth. End of story. No room for arguing.

As a NYC taxpayer I am offended and disgusted at the lengths this woman is going through to hurt you, however possible, and the level of time and $ being wasted by the court to hear her demands. She (and her ambulance chasing attorney) should simply accept whatever is a normal cash settlement for a divorce and be on their way. The judge needs to grow a pair and start squashing their demands and the time they are spending to flesh out. They are putting an unnecessary burden on the already way too busy legal system and are tying up the court's docket just so she can twist the knife.

Also, I'd like her address. I am going to start bottling up skimmate :)

Her adress is 666 Hell street, Hell city, Hell.

And just for another laugh, she is legally handicapped and gets disability. THis is the same woman that was a professional bodybuilder and we powerlifted together for 10 years. Now because she is "disabled " ( and a scam artist), the judge says I have to pay support for the rest of her life. FOR LIFE!!!!!! UNHEARD OFFFFFF!!!!!!

We'll considering that a $7500 setup would maybe sell for $3000 on craigslist... ok $2500 (lowballin pieces of dirt) maybe, and that's with furniture quality stand... U prob don't have much to worry about.

True that. When they first told me my fish were marital assets they said i would have to sell them. They would literally have to lock me up first. Or I would sell it and to my best friend and buy it back the very next day. A HOLES!!!!

duncan-junkie

ABSOLUTELYY RIDICULOUS!!! Did she ask for your bean bag in a jar too?? I'm sure she would consider THAT a marital asset too!! Sounds like quite the lady.....

jedimaster1138

Its worth whatever the appraiser says its worth. End of story. No room for arguing.

Her adress is 666 Hell street, Hell city, Hell.

And just for another laugh, she is legally handicapped and gets disability. THis is the same woman that was a professional bodybuilder and we powerlifted together for 10 years. Now because she is "disabled " ( and a scam artist), the judge says I have to pay support for the rest of her life. FOR LIFE!!!!!! UNHEARD OFFFFFF!!!!!!

True that. When they first told me my fish were marital assets they said i would have to sell them. They would literally have to lock me up first. Or I would sell it and to my best friend and buy it back the very next day. A HOLES!!!!

This is very similar to what I went through with my mom between her and her sister following my grandfather's death in 2012. And it's still going on...session #2 on dissolving his physical assets in the house is next Sunday. I'm slowly coming to a boil as I'm basically acting as my mom's attorney (Newsflash - I have a BS in Electrical Engineering, not a J.D.) and it's hell on earth. The skank formerly known as my aunt and your ex should probably be on the same boat and sent out to the North Atlantic to meet an iceberg. Don't get me started.

I would imagine if the appraisal is complete BS, you can move to have a second appraisal. I know for sure you can do that with real estate, as my mom just did it last year. You'd have to pay for the second appraiser out of your own pocket, but from the sounds of things, she's going great white shark on your pockets anyway so... yeah. What's another few benjamins for a second appraisal? lol Course there's always the risk the second appraisal doesn't come out in your favor either.

Either way your attorney needs to borrow Kat's beating stick. And jesus, the judge needs to learn to tell her and her attorney to STFU and accept some purchase price + appreciation (or depreciation) buy out and free the court up for other things.

Barf I'm sorry.

:ninja:

Sneak peak at the 40 BBBBB. I told all my friends I wasnt going to show it untill it was nearly finished, but its going pretty good and im getting excited !!!!. The NYC Zoanthid billboard will be filled in with assorted zoas and palys pretty soon, then I will get most of those acros up on the rocks to make room for the rest of the clams. There are 11 Maximas in there.

fortyB_zps389a58ae.jpg

jedimasterben

Zeph, I thought you had some crocea and squamosa in that tank, as well. (viewing the pic from my phone and I can't see it very big without it distorting, so they may be there and I'm blind)

Zeph, I thought you had some crocea and squamosa in that tank, as well. (viewing the pic from my phone and I can't see it very big without it distorting, so they may be there and I'm blind)

The squamosa is gone. It was one of the first clams in this tank and I was stupid for even putting it ( and a few others) in there that fast with such a low bio load. Feeding didnt help much either. Im far more confident in this current bio load:

40 Breeder and 10 gal in sump

pair of ORA gold nugget maroon clowns

3 yellow stripe cardinal fish

2 blue damsels

small yellow tang :P

4 Waitei anthais ( these are awesome)

about 20 various hermits

about 20 various snails

6 peppermint shrimp

I plan on filling this tank with an obscene amount of Anthias.

So.... Yes, I have two croceas still. A 6 inch beast and a 4 inch that is going on 4 months now, but they were hogging up an entire rock so i moved them to Big Berthas old tank now that shes in the 210.

LOL ! Thanks !!!! it will be a while before it fills out.

Haha no problem, my clam is still lookong good, it detached the other day, probably cause it didnt like being buried in sand by my pistol shrimp and then dug out by me, hes back up on the rack and hopefilly stays put, I also thought I saw new growth

What are those Zeph...

Some type of pink dartfish??

Those are Waitei anthais from Live aquaria. Theyre not as shy now and hang out right front center. Gorgeous...

Jumpy loves the Investigation channel. She said she likes it cuz its real. :o

jumper_zpse3660cfa.jpg

Those are Waitei anthais from Live aquaria. Theyre not as shy now and hang out right front center. Gorgeous...

Jumpy loves the Investigation channel. She said she likes it cuz its real. :o

jumper_zpse3660cfa.jpg

nice, i used to have koi that would sit and watch modern marvals and entertainment tonight

nice, i used to have koi that would sit and watch modern marvals and entertainment tonight

She DEFINITELY watches the television, I have one in the bedroom and she does the same thing in there.

zeph, where does your rabbit do its business? is it house broken? use a litter box? or do you just clean it up as it happens?

She is 100% litter box trained, just like a cat. I dont even lock her up ih her cage anymore. She used to chew wires, but doesnt even do that anymore. She learned from the small shocks she gets when she chews electric cords down to the metal. LOL. She learned the hard way.

Hey Zeph, just wondering if you're still using the phycopure zoox in your tanks?

Also, I've tried to compile a list of products that you either use or have used at one point or another. So if you don't mind telling, what's the current product list?

BSD golden pearls

Coral accel

Coral amino

Phycopure zoox etc etc.

I also just recently purchased a 2.5" gold max from my LFS for a test subject, first one since coming back after breaking down my tank and selling off all my clams :(

Hoping to be back in the clam game to the fullest. Going to keep it a very simple system for now sumpless, protein skimmerless, and with just a HOB aquaclear. Will keep you posted and I'm hoping to add it to the registry soon if I can get a good picture of it. Lastly, have you heard from pacificeast about their larger 4-5" specimens? I've just been seeing smaller ones on their site lately.

Archived