SaltCritters.com

The Bro Love Build! A bro love story! 75g of wet lov'n!

gulfsurfer101

gulfsurfer101

Check out my rawkz! The boulder on the right weighed in over 30 pounds. I got about fitty pounds for a benjammin! I might add some dry rock to the mix but honestly I think what I have in here along with what I have I'm my display 20L and sump, I should have enough to get a decent scape in my 75g. Now I'm just waiting in my glass bottom replacement to keep this project moving.

post-30503-0-13960300-1385151664_thumb.jpg

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
gulfsurfer101

I've yet to fabricate my overflow box but I bought the megaflow overflow kit that I plan on using with the bulkheads on my current 20L. I'll use the same black plastic that I used to fabricate the false wall I'm my spare 20L to make my overflow box. I'm pretty upset with bingswagners glass right now because they told me they would have my glass by today and since I got rained out of work and have off the weekend I have plenty of time to work on the tank but now I won't have it till at least Monday when I go back to working 12hrs till the holiday.

gulfsurfer101

Ok just had to say this, CAPITAL LETTER F*CK BINSWAGNERS GLASS! In the poop chute! I bought and paid for the replacement glass fur my 75 exactly one week ago and was told it would definitely be done by Friday. Friday I call one how before closing and they say they got too busy it'll be done on Monday. Ok understandable. Monday comes aroundand I call two hours before closing and was told they were backed up but it should be done in the morning. I go by there today to go and pick up my replacement glass and was told it was not ready. I was then told that it should be ready in about a half an hour so I come back after brunch to find my piece wrapped up and waiting for me. I load it in my expedition only to find that the two holes I had paid for had not been drilled. They apologized but said that they were backed up and that it would not be ready till next week. I thought they had to be f*cking with me since I didn't even see anybody else in there. I went ahead and just got my money back and decided not to look back. I was treated like a street person, and the girl was like is your girlfriend here, the one who paid for it. This pissed me off, my girl might have used her card to make the purchase but with money I put into her account. This I felt like I shouldn't have to explain to this dumb b*tch but I did. I damn near did everything in my power to not strangle a b!tch up in there. F*ck you I'm out, till I have more to report!

Ok just had to say this, CAPITAL LETTER F*CK BINSWAGNERS GLASS! In the poop chute! I bought and paid for the replacement glass fur my 75 exactly one week ago and was told it would definitely be done by Friday. Friday I call one how before closing and they say they got too busy it'll be done on Monday. Ok understandable. Monday comes aroundand I call two hours before closing and was told they were backed up but it should be done in the morning. I go by there today to go and pick up my replacement glass and was told it was not ready. I was then told that it should be ready in about a half an hour so I come back after brunch to find my piece wrapped up and waiting for me. I load it in my expedition only to find that the two holes I had paid for had not been drilled. They apologized but said that they were backed up and that it would not be ready till next week. I thought they had to be f*cking with me since I didn't even see anybody else in there. I went ahead and just got my money back and decided not to look back. I was treated like a street person, and the girl was like is your girlfriend here, the one who paid for it. This pissed me off, my girl might have used her card to make the purchase but with money I put into her account. This I felt like I shouldn't have to explain to this dumb b*tch but I did. I damn near did everything in my power to not strangle a b!tch up in there. F*ck you I'm out, till I have more to report!

Man that sucks! So you just gave them back the panel? I could've drilled it for you man! I promise I won't break non tempered glass, lol. I totally see your point though...

gulfsurfer101

Yeah I have it back to them. That gave me so much bullsh*t over it and then when the dumb b*tch insulted me I was like f*ck you. Oh well, I'm I'm no hurry, just figured I had the week off and I could have got it all set up and ready to fill some time next week. Looks like it won't happen now till maybe after the new years.

• 4 weeks later...
gulfsurfer101

Merry Christmas eve to all my nano-reef peeps! I'm feeling all jovial and sh!t, so don't make me slap-a-hoe on ho ho ho day, jajaja!

post-30503-0-82900800-1387901594_thumb.jpg

post-30503-0-73644000-1387901646_thumb.jpg

post-30503-0-13467200-1387901679_thumb.jpg

post-30503-0-35440100-1387901708_thumb.jpg

gulfsurfer101

I'll have to post back, they are still closed up from a turbo snail frag rack disaster. They are starting to open up though.

gulfsurfer101

No doubt, I'd say like 80% of my coral is CGA certified goodness! I've still got that beast of a 75g just waiting to get going after the new year. I'm going to need tons of stuff to fill out that bad boy!

gulfsurfer101

I can't complain when the man lives two miles down the road from me! Good luck on your overpriced mushbox bro! You want to dump them scoly's my offer still stands. I can drive up to Austin and get them each for 75 bucks but I hate car trips because I'd rather be chugging beer and kicking *ss with my spare time;)

I can't complain when the man lives two miles down the road from me! Good luck on your overpriced mushbox bro! You want to dump them scoly's my offer still stands. I can drive up to Austin and get them each for 75 bucks but I hate car trips because I'd rather be chugging beer with my spare time;)

Wait? Austinaquafarms.com??? Dude, they're selling it for $150-$500!! check their site, but I'm assuming you get hook ups from them?? Heck, that is really cheap if you can get them for that low....I mean you spent much more on your clowns ahha. And I thought your clowns are at about the right prices not much cheaper for those types of clowns.

gulfsurfer101

I got connects when I show up in ATX, I get any scoly I want for 75 bucks. I paid 50 for a pokerstar montipora the size of a basketball, four years back when people were still paying 60 a frag. I'm just blessed and grateful to have good people in my life I call friends, and respect how this hobby brings people of all walks of life together. The key word there my friend, was RESPECT! It truly is more powerful than the American dollar. With just a little, it can take you a very long ways!

Nice! Get some scolys man!!! :)

I wish I had connects like you did haha.

Also, since you get such connects, might as well buy some and sell it for double the price. It shouldn't be hard for you lol.

Archived