Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

Official Mandarin and Dragonet Show off thread

metrokat

Mandarin Training  

164 members have voted

1. 1. Does your Mandarin Fish eat Frozen?

• Yes & I trained my mandarin
    • Yes & I had nothing to do with it
    • No
  2. 2. Answer this if you have a 2nd Mandarin Fish

• Yes & I trained my mandarin
    • Yes & I had nothing to do with it
    • No
    • I don't have a second Mandy

I haven't been home in the evenings much to see if they still doing the dance but shes still full of eggs. It looks so uncomfortable but she doesn't seem to mind. She is the boss lady of the tank now!!!

datbelly1_zpsade8ef35.jpg

datbelly2_zpsfa377885.jpg

Bones is getting healthier and doing good! He loves to perch on the clam.

bones1_zpsa3c8c9bd.jpg

bones2_zps94de6a0f.jpg

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm sorry Amayeu :( I hope she shows up. She looked very healthy. Did you check the back chambers? Maybe she jumped through a small space somewhere.

My ruby red has been missing since Thursday. Can not find her. Ugh.

Had my LFS order me one of these foods. Sam is still skinny even though he is constantly eating, enjoys frozen and even hovers around the pipette.

De-Wormer-Caviar.jpg

The good doctor is from my neck of the woods. I see him a couple times a month when he hand delivers the store's orders. I absolutely love his stuff. If you ever need anything quicker than your LFS can get it for you message me and I'll see if I can help.

• Like 1

These pretties were on DD today. They had been conditioned for over a month to eat frozen enriched brine. Scooters come on DD a lot eating frozen but not mandarins (even if it is just brine, other foods wouldn't be far behind!). Nice to see a pair eating frozen available.

_cfimg-3872262855047016351.PNG

• Like 1

SOMEBODY FATTEN UP MY MANDY!

He's going to get the beating stick any minute now! :angry:

I just realized he doesn't give 2 hoots about mysis and I've been throwing in a cube of mysis everyday while the pumps are off and letting the bits thaw and float down. I thought they were brine but I was wrong. Anyway so today I fed brine and he was a little pig. In the meantime though he has gotten very skinny again. I am for sure considering a parasite. So that de-wormer will hopefully help whenever the LFS gets it in for me.

The good doctor is from my neck of the woods. I see him a couple times a month when he hand delivers the store's orders. I absolutely love his stuff. If you ever need anything quicker than your LFS can get it for you message me and I'll see if I can help.

Tell Dr G that Kat said hi. He had replied to an email I wrote some time back. I wanted to try all the foods they make but the full sized retail packaging is too much food for me. I had written to see if I they make sample sized foods that I could buy.

I also invited him to be my guest on nano reef radio but he didn't reply to that.

Ova isn't fattening him up? Mine mostly eat only ova (besides the pods in the tank) and I would even consider my spotted mandy to be past fat and right into obese.

how do you all portion out the ova? ive been breaking off a chunk and thawing it in a measuring glass(looks like a shot glass) and using my coral thingy to spray the area shes in. I also have to spray around some to keep the scavengers (clowns and flasher) away. I ask because im getting too much algae and its because im overfeeding to make sure she gets enough. i was thinking about diluting it in water and refreezing in small ice cube trays if i can find em (ive reused the mysis blister packs of extra food, but not for my mandy)

edit found these trays on amazon going to give them a shot

how do you all portion out the ova? ive been breaking off a chunk and thawing it in a measuring glass(looks like a shot glass) and using my coral thingy to spray the area shes in. I also have to spray around some to keep the scavengers (clowns and flasher) away. I ask because im getting too much algae and its because im overfeeding to make sure she gets enough. i was thinking about diluting it in water and refreezing in small ice cube trays if i can find em (ive reused the mysis blister packs of extra food, but not for my mandy)

edit found these trays on amazon going to give them a shot

That's exactly how I feed. I use mexican turbo snails and they eat all the algae faster than it can grow.

I used to wash it using a filter sock or tiny mesh but I'm lazy.

SOMEBODY FATTEN UP MY MANDY!

He's going to get the beating stick any minute now! :angry:

I just realized he doesn't give 2 hoots about mysis and I've been throwing in a cube of mysis everyday while the pumps are off and letting the bits thaw and float down. I thought they were brine but I was wrong. Anyway so today I fed brine and he was a little pig. In the meantime though he has gotten very skinny again. I am for sure considering a parasite. So that de-wormer will hopefully help whenever the LFS gets it in for me.

Tell Dr G that Kat said hi. He had replied to an email I wrote some time back. I wanted to try all the foods they make but the full sized retail packaging is too much food for me. I had written to see if I they make sample sized foods that I could buy.I also invited him to be my guest on nano reef radio but he didn't reply to that.

First of all. What is NR radio and why don't I know about it!? Second I will tell him you said hi lol I will also ask about the samples but I must say, if you had to pick any single one of his foods, make it the LPS max. His coral feeds were actually inspired by some home made stuff we had been making with his products at the store. We finally asked him to make an all included coral/reef feed so he made those products. One with large particles for LPS and fish and a small particle food for SPS. I've found the LPS max to be the perfect food mix for mandarins. It sinks well and stays mixed so they get a ton of great things like decapsulated brine eggs, mysis, caviar and a bunch of other stuff.

• Like 2

First of all. What is NR radio and why don't I know about it!? Second I will tell him you said hi lol I will also ask about the samples but I must say, if you had to pick any single one of his foods, make it the LPS max. His coral feeds were actually inspired by some home made stuff we had been making with his products at the store. We finally asked him to make an all included coral/reef feed so he made those products. One with large particles for LPS and fish and a small particle food for SPS. I've found the LPS max to be the perfect food mix for mandarins. It sinks well and stays mixed so they get a ton of great things like decapsulated brine eggs, mysis, caviar and a bunch of other stuff.

Wait, where can I get this food?

• Like 1

Ova isn't fattening him up? Mine mostly eat only ova (besides the pods in the tank) and I would even consider my spotted mandy to be past fat and right into obese.

He eats ova but he won't stay in one spot grazing for too long, He moves away like he's bored.

He eats ova but he won't stay in one spot grazing for too long, He moves away like he's bored.

Mine did that too! Its like no stupid your food is by your diner not at the top of the tank with the SPS! Go eat where I put your food.

In dingos diner I added a handful of live rock. This allowed the food to catch on to things and not float away and Dingo seemed to be more inclined to graze at the diner. Something about picking on rocks they enjoy