inTank Media Baskets

CNCreef Asis Pro 824 LED/T5HO Evil Cluster Hybrid

jedimasterben

The spread of the reflectors looks pretty good with very little light spill on the walls. The light with both channels on looks very purple. Hopefully the cyan and cool blue wil balance it out, looking forward to seeing the complete cluster in action.

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

is this a full spectrum led? Ive been thinking about pulling the trigger on a set of reefbreeders value fixtures but if I can make my own that would be better for relatively the same price im game. Im just a total noob at what I need.

Im aware I need the leds, heatsink, and power supply. But what do the drivers do? Can someone post every single thing that i would need and possibly where i can get it so i can start to piece it together?

This would be for a 29g but i want to upgrade to a 40breeder. So i would like to be able to use it on a 40 breeder.

Thanks in advance.

jedimasterben

The spread of the reflectors looks pretty good with very little light spill on the walls. The light with both channels on looks very purple. Hopefully the cyan and cool blue wil balance it out, looking forward to seeing the complete cluster in action.

It is nowhere near as purple - it was originally going to be an unalterted test between this and the Lumia, but that didn't turn out like I had planned, so I didn't correct the pictures.

I'd like to see par readings from the bottom of the stand, mostly because it sounds hilarious.

:)

is this a full spectrum led? Ive been thinking about pulling the trigger on a set of reefbreeders value fixtures but if I can make my own that would be better for relatively the same price im game. Im just a total noob at what I need.

Im aware I need the leds, heatsink, and power supply. But what do the drivers do? Can someone post every single thing that i would need and possibly where i can get it so i can start to piece it together?

This would be for a 29g but i want to upgrade to a 40breeder. So i would like to be able to use it on a 40 breeder.

Thanks in advance.

Look in the OP and through this thread. Also reading evil's LED sticky is a good start, look for it at the top of this forum.

You_Wrasse_is_Mine

I personally think that C and SB when used together are the best bet for the purple issue. I'm sure it will depend on the spectrographs though. For me, using XT-E RB and XM-L NW, the cyan did a great job in its own, but the SB made it much crisper/cleaner.

You_Wrasse_is_Mine

Hey guys, what degree optics are you guys using on the 3 watt LEDs?

I personally use Steve's optics. They work good and are cheap.

Those PAR readings are amazing. Are these readings with or without water? Not that it would really matter when you getting PAR numbers like that.

jedimasterben

Hey guys, what degree optics are you guys using on the 3 watt LEDs?

Any acrylic optics are going to work the same, depending on if the lens itself is frosted or not, etc. The angle needed depends on the tank size and how high they are hung.

Those PAR readings are amazing. Are these readings with or without water? Not that it would really matter when you getting PAR numbers like that.

Without water. With water it can easily be 25% higher with surface agitation.

ALexpsycho

And i thought you all where nice people here....

putting me in billing up my Credit Card AGAIN...!:)

Thanks for all the info ppl!you are the best!

Any acrylic optics are going to work the same, depending on if the lens itself is frosted or not, etc. The angle needed depends on the tank size and how high they are hung.

Without water. With water it can easily be 25% higher with surface agitation.

I'm planning to hang my fixture 12" above the tank and the tank is a Nuvo 16 so 24x13x12.

jedimasterben

I'd like to see par readings from the bottom of the stand, mostly because it sounds hilarious.

LMAO - I got 94 PAR for RB and 45 for the NW. That's a distance of 44 inches to the point where I took the reading, and through a pane of fracking glass!

LMAO - I got 94 PAR for RB and 45 for the NW. That's a distance of 44 inches to the point where I took the reading, and through a pane of fracking glass!

Good God what is violet going to do?
You_Wrasse_is_Mine

I'm planning to hang my fixture 12" above the tank and the tank is a Nuvo 16 so 24x13x12.

90 degree optics should be fine and will eliminate light spillage. No optics will cause a huge rainbow around the tank on your livingroom floor.

Thanks!

Well, I have every part I need to finish the build.......except the driver boards. This is frustrating! Haha I guess I'll work on the project box in the meantime. The Sainsmart board/lcd is really small. The only huge thing is the power supply. Not sure how I'm gonna enclose that.

You_Wrasse_is_Mine

Thanks!

Well, I have every part I need to finish the build.......except the driver boards. This is frustrating! Haha I guess I'll work on the project box in the meantime. The Sainsmart board/lcd is really small. The only huge thing is the power supply. Not sure how I'm gonna enclose that.

I'm not sure if your trying to build an evil cluster or not, but maybe you should start your own thread for better help with your build. It can get frustrating, and gathering up the supplies is just the start of it. Building it can be a bit more frustrating.

I'm not sure if your trying to build an evil cluster or not, but maybe you should start your own thread for better help with your build. It can get frustrating, and gathering up the supplies is just the start of it. Building it can be a bit more frustrating.

I am (see my pictures in previous pages). And I think the optics question was relevant to everyone building an evil cluster. The supplies comment was just a sidenote. It wasn't my intention to "litter" the thread. My apologies.

jedimasterben

I am (see my pictures in previous pages). And I think the optics question was relevant to everyone building an evil cluster. The supplies comment was just a sidenote. It wasn't my intention to "litter" the thread. My apologies.

I don't think they quite meant it like that - it is simply easier to keep up with if you have your own thread, that way all of the recommendations are geared towards your tank and situation, whereas here you might find people interjecting with stuff here and there etc.

I don't mind you asking questions here or anything, but it would be best in another thread so we can make sure to give the best recommendation. :)

Evidently I have a 6th sense for possible hilarious outcomes to random situations. Awesome readings.

Now you are starting to understand the power of the Evil side :)

You can imagine my surprise to see 300 PAR at 48" on my original setup. Looking forward to seeing the results on my new version :ninja:. Just got in the last of the LEDs I need, and need to finish the heat spreader, and the reflector (yes, I'm making my own reflector, and you will see why once I finish). And no. You can't see it till I'm finished :P

jedimasterben

Now you are starting to understand the power of the Evil side :)

You can imagine my surprise to see 300 PAR at 48" on my original setup. Looking forward to seeing the results on my new version :ninja:. Just got in the last of the LEDs I need, and need to finish the heat spreader, and the reflector (yes, I'm making my own reflector, and you will see why once I finish). And no. You can't see it till I'm finished :P

:P

How is the other project coming?

Archived