Top Shelf Aquatics

A Carib.Castle: Naughty Nibblers... June '15 pics/vid, Razors, 125g, diy LR

eitallent

I would not run blue all night but instead have 8pm go to 0, 0. IMO anyway. :)

Not even at 1%? Why do you say this, Mark? I do turn the lights off about three nights per week.

I guess in my world I like moonlit nights every night! ;)

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not even at 1%? Why do you say this, Mark? I do turn the lights off about three nights per week.

Honestly I think it it's too bright. Might also explain shroom stress but no clue really.

Carried over from the previous page:

A very pretty mushy is not doing well. It has been shrunken with spaghetti coming out of it everywhere. One of my mushies in the nano did this before it split after haveing it for a year. This looks a little more severe and I've only had it for two weeks. Any suggestions?

Today

20150428_145545-XL.jpg

Before

20150422_101932-XL.jpg

Over exposed, but better than nothing!

20150427_123334-X2.jpg

20150427_123313-X2.jpg

20150427_123321-X2.jpg

20150415_135927-ANIMATION-XL.gif

20150401_133406-ANIMATION-XL.gif

jedimasterben

Ben, I would love your input on the lights.

1 7:30am 0%A 1%B

2 10am 90 70

3 12pm 50 50

4 4:30pm 100 100

5 6:30pm 70 60

6 8 pm 0 1

The white/blue/cyan are your current settings, the red is what I'd recommend.

ercilia%252520light%252520ramp.png

It very closely matches the sun's parabolic movement.

cloud2.png

It actually will give less total mols of photons than what you're currently giving :)

If you wanted to reduce it further as a test, then you can set the midday peaks to 90 or 80%. If you're going to get the wide reflectors, then once you get those it will knock down intensity by around 20%, and if you want to you can experiment with raising it back up to peak at 100%.

:)

Thanks Ben. I will reduce the peaks. :bowdown:

The white/blue/cyan are your current settings, the red is what I'd recommend.

It very closely matches the sun's parabolic movement.

It actually will give less total mols of photons than what you're currently giving :)

If you wanted to reduce it further as a test, then you can set the midday peaks to 90 or 80%. If you're going to get the wide reflectors, then once you get those it will knock down intensity by around 20%, and if you want to you can experiment with raising it back up to peak at 100%.

:)

I've been running my moonlights (blue) 1% every night for geeze, almost two years? And have noticed nothing bad from it. The mushroom looks like something might have walked on it.

So excited for your jawfish :happydance:.

I've been running my moonlights (blue) 1% every night for geeze, almost two years? And have noticed nothing bad from it. The mushroom looks like something might have walked on it.

Wow, that's good to hear. I might have to try running my blues all night. :)

Well that is good to hear, Gena. I love looking at my tanks at night.

I am keeping a close eye on the FedEx tracking! LOL :happy:

Wow, that's good to hear. I might have to try running my blues all night. :)

It is so beautiful, Mark. You will like it. :)

20150422_002622-XL.jpg

I recieved my livestock yesterday! Everyone was healthy in appearance.

The YHJ were both doing well. I tried releasing them in the same spot but of course they each went their own way. One of them did make it to the new shelter I built for them. The other one was under a rock that the Blenny usually likes. This morning there was a mound of sand and a little den built under the shelter just as I hoped. However, I only see one little head in there at a time so I cannot tell if both are in there. I cannot find the other one under the Blenny rock. Hopefully they found eachother.

Pictures are uploading so I will be right back with them.

Picture time!

The new pair after acclimation and ready for relocation ...

20150429_124025-XL.jpg

Peek-a-boo ...

20150429_134419-XL.jpg

Rock Flower Anemones ( which now have moved :angry: )

20150429_134349-XL.jpg

Ricordeas!

20150429_134331-XL.jpg

Orange Knobby (yesterday)

20150429_134313-XL.jpg

Today

20150430_125143-XL.jpg

Purple Plume (yesterday)

20150429_134302-XL.jpg

Today

20150430_125000-XL.jpg

Before the new additions but still cool ...

20150427_123330-ANIMATION-XL.gif

This mother's day I am getting a new piece of hardware for the castle! I just ordered it for MarineDepot... Hee Hee Hee :haha:

I recieved my livestock yesterday! Everyone was healthy in appearance.

The YHJ were both doing well. I tried releasing them in the same spot but of course they each went their own way. One of them did make it to the new shelter I built for them. The other one was under a rock that the Blenny usually likes. This morning there was a mound of sand and a little den built under the shelter just as I hoped. However, I only see one little head in there at a time so I cannot tell if both are in there. I cannot find the other one under the Blenny rock. Hopefully they found eachother.

Pictures are uploading so I will be right back with them.

I love the YHJ and I hope they find each other. My gut feel is they will or maybe already have.
eitallent

The purple plume looks so lush. Looks really nice and healthy. :wub:

It is so purple too. :wub: It is doing well so far. I am feeding phyto plankton and newly hatched brine shrimp. :fingerscrossed:

I love the YHJ and I hope they find each other. My gut feel is they will or maybe already have.

I hope so too! They are so intelligent looking when they turn their heads at the "shoulder."

New video with a peek-a-boo YHJ.

Mr. Microscope

This mother's day I am getting a new piece of hardware for the castle! I just ordered it for MarineDepot... Hee Hee Hee :haha:

Ooh! Gyre?
eitallent

LOL

"Mysis. Not even once."

LOL!

Ooh! Gyre?

You're a clairvoyant! :o

Nice new additions Ms. E.

Thank you, Kat. My wallet has taken a hit, so now I have to get my kicks from watching them grow. :happy:

eitallent

Betcha haven't heard that song in a few years :lol:

Now I have Da Ba Dee in my head and will be humming that all day! :lol:

Mr. Microscope

You're a clairvoyant! :o

Watching that gif and the general size/shape of your tank, it just seemed like a good fit. Congrats! Looking forward to seeing it in action.
eitallent

She's alive! I found the second Yellowhead Jawfish! She has built her den deep within the rock work. I squirt food in the crevices around her hoping that she is eating enough! Silly fish!

eitallent

The jawfish are sooo pretty! Loved the video :wub:. Were they sold as a bonded pair?

These are so iridescent blue! Yes, a bonded pair. But they have not found each other. I don't know if they usually share a burrow. ??

Archived