Premium Aquatics Aquarium Supplies

A Carib.Castle: Naughty Nibblers... June '15 pics/vid, Razors, 125g, diy LR

eitallent

Yep! Great choice for a present. That is what I will ask for also; for the 34 gallon. :)

Good to know! I was thinking the 10K, but now based on what you and Gena have, I'm leaning towards the 16K. I just really like whiter light, but based on your photos and Gena's, its seems like you can balance the 16K to be less blue. I just hate the lights that are REALLY blue.

I plan to upgrade the light on the seahorse tank in ~6 months (before I have to buy another expensive bulb), so I will probably ask for the Maxspect Razor Nano for Christmas!

new page! :D

• Replies 852
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yep! Great choice for a present. That is what I will ask for also; for the 34 gallon. :)

new page! :D

Nice! We're going to be twins with our similarly-sized DIY tanks with Razor Nanos :lol: Oh and Citrinis gobies, because I am definitely getting one. Too bad you don't have seahorses in there with Skipper!

I love seahorses so much! But I am such a newbie that I will not attempt one for a long while yet.

Skipper may get a pony eventually. :lol:

Nice! We're going to be twins with our similarly-sized DIY tanks with Razor Nanos :lol: Oh and Citrinis gobies, because I am definitely getting one. Too bad you don't have seahorses in there with Skipper!

I love seahorses so much! But I am such a newbie that I will not attempt one for a long while yet.

Skipper may get a pony eventually. :lol:

Hey, I've only had saltwater tanks for 2 years now, so I'm still a newbie too. You're definitely on top of everything, so you could handle a pony. I think most of what's difficult is just doing the research and making sure you have everything set up properly for them. Once the tank is set up and the feeding regimen is established, they don't seem like they'll be too difficult. No more so than a tank with SPS corals in it! I'm sick of my SPS corals...such a pain. Time for cute ponies with easy soft corals :)

Hey, I've only had saltwater tanks for 2 years now, so I'm still a newbie too. You're definitely on top of everything, so you could handle a pony. I think most of what's difficult is just doing the research and making sure you have everything set up properly for them. Once the tank is set up and the feeding regimen is established, they don't seem like they'll be too difficult. No more so than a tank with SPS corals in it! I'm sick of my SPS corals...such a pain. Time for cute ponies with easy soft corals :)

Yep, SPS are delicate creatures. I want easy peasy! (for now) :lol:

I will learn through you and Zia, then I will be ready to add a few ponies.

I am thinking of building a corral in the 125 for some caribbean horses. Sometime way down the line. I will have to up my filtration then. :D

Wow, I don't know what to say. I just read through the entire thread and really love what you have done. I really dig your choice of fish, corals, macros and the DIY rock looks fantastic.

The dimensions of this tank are exactly what I want for my dream tank and the lighting you have chosen suits it perfectly.

You also live in a very beautiful place, it reminds me a lot of our vineyard in spring :D. I will be following this one.

Wow, I don't know what to say. I just read through the entire thread and really love what you have done. I really dig your choice of fish, corals, macros and the DIY rock looks fantastic.

The dimensions of this tank are exactly what I want for my dream tank and the lighting you have chosen suits it perfectly.

You also live in a very beautiful place, it reminds me a lot of our vineyard in spring :D. I will be following this one.

Thank you for your kind words. The upgrade to the nano has taken all my time and resources so the Caribbean Castle is on cruise control right now. :)

I will be getting back to it soon though.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Spent the night catching up on my favorite systems and getting inspiration for my new upgrade. Big fan of your lil fishs and tank. Any new FTS lately?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Hi, guys. I am a bad puddytat!

I should have left a note letting everyone know that I was going to be away in Portugal. I had a long vaca with my family. I got back with terrible jet lag and incubating a virus of some sort probably from the plane!

All is well with the tanks. All the fish are fat and happy. The corals grew like crazy. I just took out a big bunch of caulerpa from the Caribbean Castle tank.

I will be taking pics soon.

Also, I will post some pics from Portugal too. :)

Hi, guys. I am a bad puddytat!

I should have left a note letting everyone know that I was going to be away in Portugal. I had a long vaca with my family. I got back with terrible jet lag and incubating a virus of some sort probably from the plane!

All is well with the tanks. All the fish are fat and happy. The corals grew like crazy. I just took out a big bunch of caulerpa from the Caribbean Castle tank.

I will be taking pics soon.

Also, I will post some pics from Portugal too. :)

Good grief, glad you are back! Can't wait to see the pics and hear how the tank was cared for while you were gone. :)

Hi! Thanks for the warm welcome back. You guys are so great. I feel warm and fuzzy inside. :wub:

Just copying some pictures from my visit to Portugal from my device to the cloud. I will be posting them soon. :D

Here are a few pics of Portugal. I did not take my good camera, and I regretted this decision daily! Phone pics will have to do.

This is from the north central part of Portugal in a region know as the Serra da Estrela region.

This view is from a hill and you can see several villages in the distance. The village where I lived is in the foreground.

i-jLrhBMj-X3.jpg

This is a typical village street. The houses are built using granite blocks!

i-WbwCmjn-X3.jpg

Our little chapel. There is a church in the nearby larger village.

i-KZnhXJN-X3.jpg

View from our street.

i-XBwLbk8-X3.jpg

You can see adjacent villages in the distance. :)

i-qs6PbV7-X3.jpg

My first breakfast there, country bread and country butter! Yum!

i-VgzR3Mc-X3.jpg

Pumpkin soup in the making!

i-rWfjvtM-XL.jpg

Native fruit the grow wild everywhere, Medronho (Strawberry Tree or Cane Apple).

i-6rGrTpR-XL.jpg

This is the typical canning pear my Grandmother used to prepare for winter. No one harvests these anymore. You can see them in the background on the ground. The younger people have careers and move away to the big cities.

i-L7zhGzq-XL.jpg

I love this vineyard. It is surround by pine woods. You can see the crescent moon in the electric blue sky.

i-7FM8S9k-X3.jpg

Most of the long time residents still make their own wine. :)

i-dg3jn49-XL.jpg

More pictures later... I hope you enjoyed these. :D

Wow...gorgeous country and photos!!!! I do have to ask....this photo here. Is that smoke or smog in the air? It's kinda reminding me of the san fernando valley on a bad day. :lol:

i-jLrhBMj-X3.jpg

Hmm. Portugal, huh? Sounds fun.

It is so much fun! The people are very friendly and love music, stories, good food and drink. ;)

Wow...gorgeous country and photos!!!! I do have to ask....this photo here. Is that smoke or smog in the air? It's kinda reminding me of the san fernando valley on a bad day. :lol:

LOL It is mist. It was going to rain that afternoon and the humidity was high that day. The temperatures were really nice and cool. It is never dry like in the Rockies but more like the Smokies. It is beautiful!

This the Douro (<-- pictures on Google) River Valley where the Port wine is made. They say there are more stones laid in the retaining walls of the vineyard paddocks the there are stones in the Great Wall of China! The clouds are kissing the hills.

i-NRXRbGv-X2.jpg

i-wThRKcp-X2.jpg

Douro Jazz band! LOL I spent time with one of my cousins and her family in Villa Real Tras-os-Montes which is ringed by mountains!

i-QjZpTbk-X2.jpg

A few seconds of the Jazz from downtown Vila Real! LOL

http://youtu.be/LzLg7OlRMb0

http://youtu.be/ZBgqNCfHFNg

They have a McDonalds there where they serve Portuguese soups and Pork sandwiches! LOL

i-RCJ2n2N-X2.jpg

i-qgFLrk6-X2.jpg

They have a McDonalds there where they serve Portuguese soups and Pork sandwiches! LOL

i-RCJ2n2N-X2.jpg

i-qgFLrk6-X2.jpg

I love visiting US restaurant chains in foreign countries, the differences are interesting and the similarities are comforting. But, I'm really a homebody at heart and don't travel much.

Beautiful photos! Looks like such a great vacation! I hope you drank some of the wine they make from those grapes. I love wine, and I bet they make a lot of really good wine there! Its funny you ate at McDonalds! Its always interesting to go there in different countries and see how the food is different. I went to McDonalds in Germany and the french fries were very different, much thicker and with a lot of seasoning. They also served beer in McDonalds in Germany :lol:

Archived