ReefCleaners.org

Hypes Caribbean Bommie

Rehype

Great to have you back hype!

Thanks key great to be back

Is there really a difference between the ada's spring washer and replica ones on ebay? lol

Not that i can tell

+1. The Do Aqua lily pipes break pretty easily if you do any sort of maintenance.

Yep you have to be very careful when handling or cleaning.

What about the ebay replica ones? Or the ada ones? Man, would be so sad to see $100+ gone easily broken.

Well they're glass if your not careful they all break pretty easily lol.

Great, another tank to put my tank to shame lol. Glad to see you're back sooner than later hype. Can't wait to see what you do with this tank.

Thanks man hoping it comes out decent

I remember the CAD 39, the ADA 60-F, and most recent shallow tank off the top of my head. Anyway, what are you think of for stocking? Sea horses? Gorgionians, zoas, and rics?

Probably a little of everything in attempt to capture that bommie look.

See I knew you couldn't stay away, welcome back man!

Thanks bud i appreciate it.

Pretty sweet hard scape!

Thanks alot shawn that was my first try but i think it came out decent.

Great looking little tank Hype! Something about the lily pipes just looks awesome and clean especially if you can get all the flow out them that you need without adding any powerheads.

Thanks ts. I agree with you trying to keep it simple and clean. The eheim 2213 puts out alot of flow without disturbing the scape so im going to just stick with that flow.

• Like 1
  • Replies 914
  • Created
  • Last Reply

if i remember right someone was making acrylic lily pipes. ill see if i can find them

That would be awesome

Aww Hell...Welcome back!

Nothing like a clean tank...

thanks man!

Deleted User 4

if i remember right someone was making acrylic lily pipes. ill see if i can find them

Acrylic scratches easily though...... next thing you know while using the spring washer to clean it, there'll be thousands of millions scratches covering it up ahah.

Rehype,

I can't wait to watch this tank grown in. Your other tank has been a major inspiration to many of on here. Best of luck as the tank progresses.

Urbaneks

• Like 1

Rehype,

I can't wait to watch this tank grown in. Your other tank has been a major inspiration to many of on here. Best of luck as the tank progresses.

Urbaneks

thanks alot urbaneks i sincerely appreciate it. Im going to try my best not to disappoint you guys

• Like 1

I know for certain you won't dissapoint anyone on here hype.

On a different note though are you going to do more calendars? January 1 2013 was a sad day for me.

Oooooo....bommies are my favorite biotope... :wub:

Now, a Caribbean biotope with gorgonians... omgomgomg

:D

I know for certain you won't dissapoint anyone on here hype.

On a different note though are you going to do more calendars? January 1 2013 was a sad day for me.

Thanks alot jessy. I wasnt planning on doing one this year....but if it would help make you feel even a little bit better then im on it.

• Like 2
Deleted User 4

If only there was a small fish that would school around the rocks in groups of 30 or so. Like anthias in the wild. :wub:

Yep, largest cube you can find Eugene, that's your upgrade.

There's 45-c, even bigger than the 30-c :)

I think it's just something in our blood, that just won't let us true reefers ever stray too far from the hobby. Even though I partially enjoy not having to do maintenance on an aquarium, not a day goes by that I don't think about my past aquariums, and the awesome ones on here.

I just knew you couldn't stay away! :P

On a side note, before I saw the pictures in the thread, when I read the part where you said you kept the one rock that you thought would look good on it's own, the first thing that popped in to my mind was definitely the rock that's in there now. And you are correct in thinking it looks good on its own, IMO, because it looks freaking fantastic.

Great to see you back here Hype. You know I'll be lurking for sure.

• Like 1

If only there was a small fish that would school around the rocks in groups of 30 or so. Like anthias in the wild. :wub:

Yep, largest cube you can find Eugene, that's your upgrade.

Well mini dart gobies would be an awesome option but unfortunately they're ridciulously difficult to keep alive in capitivity (beleive me i tried)

As long as its shallow :happy:

I think it's just something in our blood, that just won't let us true reefers ever stray too far from the hobby. Even though I partially enjoy not having to do maintenance on an aquarium, not a day goes by that I don't think about my past aquariums, and the awesome ones on here.

I just knew you couldn't stay away! :P

On a side note, before I saw the pictures in the thread, when I read the part where you said you kept the one rock that you thought would look good on it's own, the first thing that popped in to my mind was definitely the rock that's in there now. And you are correct in thinking it looks good on its own, IMO, because it looks freaking fantastic.

Great to see you back here Hype. You know I'll be lurking for sure.

I couldnt agree with you more zero

:D

Thanks man that rock is the main reason this tank is running right now. I got rid of all the other pieces but i couldnt let this one go. IMO its one of the most awesomely natural shaped rock ive ever scaped.

Thanks brother i appreciate it.

can i see moar coaraaals plzzz

tumblr_mg5425Jq1U1s2yvlxo1_500.gif

Ha! Check back this time next week. I should have something worth showing.

• Like 2
Deleted User 4

can i see moar coaraaals plzzz

tumblr_mg5425Jq1U1s2yvlxo1_500.gif

He just started this tank............... LOL

This picture is too gay ahaha.

Ha! Check back this time next week. I should have something worth showing.

Wait, the rock is still alive from the previous setup? As in there are pods living in it?

Wait, the rock is still alive from the previous setup? As in there are pods living in it?

While it's a bit unlikely since Hype pretty much fell out and broke everything down after the shallow tank crashed, it is possible that he cycled this rock separately before he added it in the cube. Wouldn't even be that hard either since it's a rather small structure. I doubt it though, but correct me if I'm wrong Hype. :P

• Like 1

Well mini dart gobies would be an awesome option but unfortunately they're ridciulously difficult to keep alive in capitivity (beleive me i tried)

Other possibilitys would include:

Eviota Bifasciata

Tryssogobius colini

I have no idea if their any easier to keep though

Nah it was pretty dead before i decided to cycle it. I actually left it outside for a while because of the smell and the colder temperatures no doubt killed most of the life.

While it's a bit unlikely since Hype pretty much fell out and broke everything down after the shallow tank crashed, it is possible that he cycled this rock separately before he added it in the cube. Wouldn't even be that hard either since it's a rather small structure. I doubt it though, but correct me if I'm wrong Hype. :P

You nailed it zero. I did cycle it separately before adding it to the cube. Although it took a pretty long time to cycle because of all the die off.

Other possibilitys would include:

Eviota Bifasciata

Tryssogobius colini

I have no idea if their any easier to keep though

They're awesome choices as well but they are just as difficult to keep in captivity as minidarts. Havent seen anyone have long term success with them despite the most diligent of efforts.

• Like 2

Did you get the 30c from the new ada store in ridgewood?

No.. unfortunately i had already ordered it from ada online before you told me about it.

• Like 1
Deleted User 4

No.. unfortunately i had already ordered it from ada online before you told me about it.

Lolol. Ohh well shipping isn't too bad on a 30c if I'm correct? :)

Soo this is going faster than I thought since the tank is already cycled? Hmmmm ahah

Lolol. Ohh well shipping isn't too bad on a 30c if I'm correct? :)

Soo this is going faster than I thought since the tank is already cycled? Hmmmm ahah

Nah it wasnt bad and it arrived in perfect shape. But had i known about the store prior i probably wouldve just picked it up.

Yep tank is all cycled just a bit of diatoms but im going to add a cleanup crew tomorrow.

• Like 1

Archived